Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• James Cordon Chris Martin

James Cordon AND Chris Martin in a car, singing just about sends me over the edge...

If only there was a way to not watch the video.
    Surely, you could say suming along them lines to 90% of the posts on this thread?
  • LuckyReds said:

Rudeness.

I arrive at my office of a morning to be greeted by Sarah, the girl who works on our front desk. She's late twenties and fairly good looking, but I digress. See Sarah has taken an instant disliking to me - on my first day I made sure to introduce myself, shake her hand, get her name and make polite conversation. Whenever I used to leave the building for a smoke or phone call and I was yet to get a door pass, I'd apologise to her for being a pain in the ass as she'd have to press a button to allow me back in.

In return, Sarah has taken a disliking to me. She barged me with enough force to knock me over at my Christmas do, she will blank me at any opportunity and is regularly just downright rude. I'm sitting in the reception area at the moment and can see she makes polite conversation with everyone else though. Sarah? You annoy me.

Once you go past "our welcoming Sarah" you come to a relatively narrow spiral staircase. Needless to say, when navigating this you will either end up waiting at the top or the bottom for someone else. I do this perhaps.. 10 times a day give or take - but it's fine, it's common courtesy not to try jam your way past them on the staircase.

Yet I rarely even get something as small as a "Ta" in return for this is ; and when I've been walking along the staircase myself and someones tried to go past I've yet to have anyone utter "Excuse me.". Over the course of weeks and then months it really begins to grate on you until you're genuinely worried about snapping and informing someone how much of a little c*nt they are. This annoys me.

So you make it upstairs, you get to your desk and ready for the day. You find yourself being harassed over something which actually relies completely on someone else, mildly annoying but understandable when not everyone you work with is technical. Then you co-worker, who sits beside you, needs to ask you for a favour... so he emails you one sentence: seemingly incapable of making basic conversation. This annoys me.

Suffice to say, I think I've found myself working in somewhere which requires 0 social skills and the main qualification required is being an anti-social asshole.. not quite sure why they figured I'd fit in here..

She fancies you!!
    Can't blame her, the little tease.
  • PL54 said:

LuckyReds said:

Rudeness.

I arrive at my office of a morning to be greeted by Sarah, the girl who works on our front desk. She's late twenties and fairly good looking, but I digress. See Sarah has taken an instant disliking to me - on my first day I made sure to introduce myself, shake her hand, get her name and make polite conversation. Whenever I used to leave the building for a smoke or phone call and I was yet to get a door pass, I'd apologise to her for being a pain in the ass as she'd have to press a button to allow me back in.

In return, Sarah has taken a disliking to me. She barged me with enough force to knock me over at my Christmas do, she will blank me at any opportunity and is regularly just downright rude. I'm sitting in the reception area at the moment and can see she makes polite conversation with everyone else though. Sarah? You annoy me.

Once you go past "our welcoming Sarah" you come to a relatively narrow spiral staircase. Needless to say, when navigating this you will either end up waiting at the top or the bottom for someone else. I do this perhaps.. 10 times a day give or take - but it's fine, it's common courtesy not to try jam your way past them on the staircase.

Yet I rarely even get something as small as a "Ta" in return for this is ; and when I've been walking along the staircase myself and someones tried to go past I've yet to have anyone utter "Excuse me.". Over the course of weeks and then months it really begins to grate on you until you're genuinely worried about snapping and informing someone how much of a little c*nt they are. This annoys me.

So you make it upstairs, you get to your desk and ready for the day. You find yourself being harassed over something which actually relies completely on someone else, mildly annoying but understandable when not everyone you work with is technical. Then you co-worker, who sits beside you, needs to ask you for a favour... so he emails you one sentence: seemingly incapable of making basic conversation. This annoys me.

Suffice to say, I think I've found myself working in somewhere which requires 0 social skills and the main qualification required is being an anti-social asshole.. not quite sure why they figured I'd fit in here..

indeed.co.uk
    The worst thing is I switched jobs because my last one was pretty boring and... "You can't keep a job just for the social side of things".

Well yes, yes you bloody can.

James Cordon AND Chris Martin in a car, singing just about sends me over the edge...

Surely, you could say suming along them lines to 90% of the posts on this thread?
    I'm sure I could but I don't have time to reply to them all.
  • The Dartford tunnel, pretty much every day.
  • edited February 2016
    RedPanda said:

The Dartford tunnel, pretty much every day.

taking away the barriers has made a world of difference going through the tunnel.

coming back into the Garden of England from the Arse End of England was better but there's now highway improvement works at Jct 31.

it never ends!!!!!
  • MrOneLung said:

Ear worms.

when you get a song or tune in your head and it won't go away.

Even worse when you don't know the actual lyrics.

Had that bloody Hive advert going through my mind all morning - blah blah blah with hive you control your heating, from your phone.

piss off.

just reminded me to tweak next weeks heating plan, from my phone
  • McBobbin said:

Running for a train and just missing it, so everyone can laugh at your gasping, panting, red disappointed face

Running for a train and jumping on only for it to stay still for 10 mins, so everyone can laugh at your gasping, panting, red disappointed face

Maybe need to get to the Station earlier? :)
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

Running for a train and just missing it, so everyone can laugh at your gasping, panting, red disappointed face

Running for a train and jumping on only for it to stay still for 10 mins, so everyone can laugh at your gasping, panting, red disappointed face

Maybe need to get to the Station earlier? :)
    where's the fun in that? some of my favourite train moments (as a fellow Charlton fan I suspect you yourself have also made a list of these) are jumping on a train when the doors are closing.

best is when everyone else in running down to the platform jumping on the train as they believe it will go any second, but you just saunter down the stairs to the platform with an air of confidence and hop onto the train at the very last moment. and while doing so you make a knowing nod to the train conductor as the doors shut. how cool is that?! very.
    Knowing the train conductor would be very cool. I always get starstruck when I see them.
  • Trains have Conductors now?
    Thought it was just driver and guard.

While we're at it - bring back ticket collectors and porters and bus conductors.
    As a fresh faced youth half the fun of not buying a ticket was seeing if you could sneak past the ticket collector without being spotted.
  • TfL's posters in the Underground bragging about how they make no profits because they 'reinvest' all profit.

Sorry but if someone is earning 60k doing a job that requires no skills and anyone else would happily do for 18k then they're making a 42k profit. Each.

Also, the disturbingly low standards of universities these days. I see plenty of my contacts with MAs or PhDs who are so gullible that they'll repost any conspiracy theory that they read.
  • edited February 2016
    For Pete's sake.

The posh yummy mummy whose brought a pram and her screaming daughter called 'Florence' (GET IN THS SEA) onto a rush hour train in London and trying to placate her by offering her samplings from a Waitrose organic artisan fruit crudity selection.
  • Fiiish said:

Waitrose organic artisan fruit crudity selection.

Really?

• Fiiish said:

Really?
    I refuse to use an accented e whilst the 6 Nations is on.
  • People who bunch together in doorways or path crossings blocking everybody else who also want to get through.
  • People who decide the best place to stop for a chat is at the side of a zebra crossing.
    Walk and talk people, walk and talk.
  • People who decide the best place to stop for a chat is at the side of a zebra crossing.

If only there was a way of walking around those people

; )
  • Sponsored links:

• rina said:

Children in supermarkets on scooters. How the parents think this is even close to being acceptable I have no idea

I have never seen this. I dont like supermarket shopping at the best of times but shouty meltdown mode at the parents would occur even at the best of times if I saw this. What supermarkets does this happen in so I can avoid them.
  • Full grown adults who like a lay in, what a waste of a day

I love a lay in.

Not sure I've had one in about 2 years though sadly, my daughters make sure of that!

I agree with both sides here.

Some of my best dreams and ideas happen when I have a lie in. I'm a particular fan of that dream state where you have a dream, nearly wake up and then get back into the dream with the ability to change what happens.

Does not occur if I am out of bed before 8.

I don't stay in bed after 9 unless I went to bed the night before after 3 though and was absolutely battered, waste of a day.

Very disappointing to hear Chris Martin still exists. I had thought that he would have disappeared into the vortex of total tedium that he has created at the heart of himself some years ago.

I have avoided hearing anything of him for so long I just assumed this was what had happened and I was momentarily gladdened.

Now depressed.
  • Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Really?
    I refuse to use an accented e whilst the 6 Nations is on.
    I heard the Crench cancelled using accents anyway. Oignon is now spelt ognon, the circumflex is optional. I don't know what the world is coming to.

Oh wait, yes after years of trying to protect the French language against the ongoing rise of the English language, they have started to raise the white flag of surrender. Mr Monkey please eat that fromage.

Whats worse is your in a car... You see them at the crossing so you stop thinking they're going to cross...

They stand there continuing to have their conversation, with you shift into gear to move forward, just as you start rolling they then decide to cross meaning you have to slam your brakes on!!
  • Upon watching tonight's game, why are commentators deciding to pronounce the K in Knockhaert all of a sudden?!
  • It is the C they are pronouncing ....

Whats worse is your in a car... You see them at the crossing so you stop thinking they're going to cross...

They stand there continuing to have their conversation, with you shift into gear to move forward, just as you start rolling they then decide to cross meaning you have to slam your brakes on!!
    That's actually what I meant. When you're driving.
    Just worded it badly.
  • Bad adverts. Two examples today being the Gillette ad 'libricstion before and after the blade' and much worse the rasta milking the giraffe for sweets and then laughing and putting in some low grade reggae.

If only there was a way of walking around those people

; )
    Shame you can't do both like and lol
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!