Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• rina said:

Children in supermarkets on scooters. How the parents think this is even close to being acceptable I have no idea

I have never seen this. I dont like supermarket shopping at the best of times but shouty meltdown mode at the parents would occur even at the best of times if I saw this. What supermarkets does this happen in so I can avoid them.
    it happens from time to time in my local Sainsbury's but I've also seen it in a few others

• Throwing. In particular my total lack of throwing ability. I throw like a stereotype of a girl, with an ineffective flapping style. And I can't get a Frisbee to go in a straight line. Disappointing.
  • McBobbin said:

Running for a train and just missing it, so everyone can laugh at your gasping, panting, red disappointed face

Running for a train and jumping on only for it to stay still for 10 mins, so everyone can laugh at your gasping, panting, red disappointed face

That would be me laughing, sorry but this really makes a nice start to my day.
    Chislehurst is a good one to watch this. Nice long run from the ticket office, down the stairs and up the other side. Only the fittest make the train.
    You also get the sound effects of people running hard at this station and to look into their eyes, full of disappointment and despair.

• The BBC's obsession with Rory McIllroy. On their sports reports after the news on 5Live,when it comes to golf all they do is report on where McIllroy is in the field, whether he's 5 shots clear or 10 behind. It's as if there is no other golfer in the world. I mentioned this on here a few years ago but unbelievably they're still doing it.
  • McBobbin said:

Running for a train and just missing it, so everyone can laugh at your gasping, panting, red disappointed face

Running for a train and jumping on only for it to stay still for 10 mins, so everyone can laugh at your gasping, panting, red disappointed face

Chislehurst is a good one to watch this. Nice long run from the ticket office, down the stairs and up the other side. Only the fittest make the train.
    You also get the sound effects of people running hard at this station and to look into their eyes, full of disappointment and despair.

To tell the truth, last week the train I was getting stopped in front of me and the doors wouldn't open. The train pulled out with loads of angry people banging on the glass. Well worth me missing my train.
  • McBobbin said:

Throwing. In particular my total lack of throwing ability. I throw like a stereotype of a girl, with an ineffective flapping style. And I can't get a Frisbee to go in a straight line. Disappointing.

Have you tried tossing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

The BBC's obsession with Rory McIllroy. On their sports reports after the news on 5Live,when it comes to golf all they do is report on where McIllroy is in the field, whether he's 5 shots clear or 10 behind. It's as if there is no other golfer in the world. I mentioned this on here a few years ago but unbelievably they're still doing it.

Even though you mentioned it on here? Unbelievable.
    Exactly, maybe this site is not as widely read as we think.....
  • Just reading an article on the BBC Sport website about Lee Johnson taking over at Bristol City.

At the bottom of the article it said that Bristol City have never played in the Premier League and were last in the top flight in 1980... well then they've played in the bloody Premier League then, its the same level just a damned rebranding to suit those pricks at Sky!!
  • The person in the seat behind me at The Valley on Saturday.

Firstly coughed in my hair and then later sneezed in my hair - neither time could he have covered his mouth or nose with his hand - gross.
  • Just reading an article on the BBC Sport website about Lee Johnson taking over at Bristol City.

At the bottom of the article it said that Bristol City have never played in the Premier League and were last in the top flight in 1980... well then they've played in the bloody Premier League then, its the same level just a damned rebranding to suit those pricks at Sky!!

Indeed. Sky would have you believe football didn't exist before the premier league

Indeed. Sky would have you believe football didn't exist before the premier league
    I'm not sure it did:-)

Have to disagree with this, purely for the fact that when Millwall fans I know give it the large one about Wembley appearances, I respond with "come back when you've been in the prem".
  • Nasal hair tickling inside your nostrils with no tweezers to hand.
    Having to resist the urge to shove two fingers in your nostril to yank it out.
    Yanking on a healthy hair and bringing tears to your eyes
    It's no fun getting old:-)
  • Carry on luggage on planes, now that you are gouged for checking in luggage, the amount and types of carry on luggage is ridiculous - takes forever to get off a full plane nowadays.
  • McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

To tell the truth, last week the train I was getting stopped in front of me and the doors wouldn't open. The train pulled out with loads of angry people banging on the glass. Well worth me missing my train.
    I got my comeuppance tonight. Charing Cross with no trains and staff telling everyone to go to Cannon St, I used my Charlton train spotting knowledge and went to Victoria, where I was left pushing the train door button in the vain hope the train would be delayed and let me on.
    Karma is a bitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• When I open a thread hoping to read 170 posts about oven gloves. (a subject which is very dear to me ) and find the majority of posts are about leaving the EU.

Surprising how many closet oven glove enthusiasists have surfaced since the enthralling thread was initiated.

The advent of C.A.R.D and the considerable subsequent interest shown here in oven gloves has inspired me to form a new society under the acronym of, 'C.L.O.G.S' - the Charlton Life Oven Glove Society - apply within.
  • Staff that work at council Refuge tips. God forbid if there is a little bit of plastic with your cardboard or the wood you dumping is man made and not real!!
    When I go to take rubbish I'm made to feel guilty before I even throw anything in a skip.
    Get a proper bloody job!
  • edited February 2016
    purdis said:

The person in the seat behind me at The Valley on Saturday.

Firstly coughed in my hair and then later sneezed in my hair - neither time could he have covered his mouth or nose with his hand - gross.

Ruud Gullit?
  • purdis said:

She was trying to chat you up.
    Think it was a bloke but, come to think of it, could have been a Belgian girl as there was a lot of phlegm in the cough - better than hair gel - a 'There's Something About Mary' moment.
  • purdis said:

When I open a thread hoping to read 170 posts about oven gloves. (a subject which is very dear to me ) and find the majority of posts are about leaving the EU.

Surprising how many closet oven glove enthusiasists have surfaced since the enthralling thread was initiated.

The advent of C.A.R.D and the considerable subsequent interest shown here in oven gloves has inspired me to form a new society under the acronym of, 'C.L.O.G.S' - the Charlton Life Oven Glove Society - apply within.
    I saw 'clogs' and got really excited - can you also make a clogs appreciation society?
  • Waited in all day for a parcel delivery and it turned up at 5.30pm. What a waste of an afternoon nap.
  • Staff that work at council Refuge tips. God forbid if there is a little bit of plastic with your cardboard or the wood you dumping is man made and not real!!
    When I go to take rubbish I'm made to feel guilty before I even throw anything in a skip.
    Get a proper bloody job!

Put it in bags and say it's full of old nappies when the inevitable "what you got in there then mate" gets asked.
  • James Cordon Chris Martin

James Cordon AND Chris Martin in a car, singing just about sends me over the edge...

If only there was a way to not watch the video.
    Very disappointing to hear Chris Martin still exists. I had thought that he would have disappeared into the vortex of total tedium that he has created at the heart of himself some years ago.

I have avoided hearing anything of him for so long I just assumed this was what had happened and I was momentarily gladdened.

Now depressed.
    Did I get flagged for this on purpose?
  • purdis said:

Ruud Gullit?
    Rijkaard?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!