Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Carter said:

The chavvy sheets strung across roundabouts and other public places announcing Darren's birthday. (I use Darren's name strictly as an example - there are must be some Darrens who are completely innocent of this outrage.

That's vandalism as far am I'm concerned.

The vermin who put them up never come back to collect their rank, pissy, spray painted bedsheet so when they inevitably come loose they are left for the council or a decent member of humanity to clear up. All silted up and covered in shit.

Also if you care so much about someone to make a banner to vandalise a footbridge or roundabout then spend a couple of quid and get a nice vinyl one made as opposed to a filthy tagged sheet

Great call raith.

That and commuters generally. Train people. Mostly the ones with silly ways about them

Loud earphones
    Loud phone conversations I don't actually have much of a problem with. I'm sure the person on the phone would rather not be conducting a phone call on public transport. It's the obnoxious ones I don't like, ones where someone is giving it large for the benefit of all the passengers to hear how important they are. Divots
    Women who scowl, especially ones who look at blokes with distrust who offer them a seat.
    The platform rusher. Train pulls in, people need to get off before anyone can embark. So the doors get rushed and a wall is created.

My mrs was telling me last night that a guy on her train told the person on the other end of the phone quite loudly "you better watch what you're fucking saying coz im on the train!".

• Hate people saying "You know what I mean?" when I haven't a clue what they are on about. Plus "Well at the end of the day." No way do I want to be with this this person at the end of the day to get my answer.
  • Fiiish said:

iainment said:

rina said:

Spurs/man city fans wearing blue and white santa hats. You won't die if you wear red once a year, get a bloody grip and just enjoy christmas without being dicks

You do know that the red Santa is an invention of coca cola's advertising. Traditionally he wore green.
    Sigh.

This is a myth peddled by Grauniad types to perpetuate some kind of message about corporatism, or something. It simply isn't true.
    Sigh.

People who make up stuff about certain "types", with no solid evidence behind it, in order to perpetuate their own prejudices about non-capitalists, or something...
    Sigh.

People who take tongue-in-cheek comments far too literally.
  • Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

rina said:

Spurs/man city fans wearing blue and white santa hats. You won't die if you wear red once a year, get a bloody grip and just enjoy christmas without being dicks

You do know that the red Santa is an invention of coca cola's advertising. Traditionally he wore green.
    Sigh.

This is a myth peddled by Grauniad types to perpetuate some kind of message about corporatism, or something. It simply isn't true.
    Sigh.

People who make up stuff about certain "types", with no solid evidence behind it, in order to perpetuate their own prejudices about non-capitalists, or something...
    Sigh.

Sigh.

People who go on about the same thing and then claim it's tongue in cheek when they get caught out. :wink:
  • Fiiish said:

Sigh.

Sigh.

• edited January 2016

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

rina said:

Sigh.

Sigh.

Sigh.

Sigh.

People who go on about the same thing and then claim it's tongue in cheek when they get caught out. :wink:
    People who claim to be catching people out when they miss the point of a post ;)
  • edited January 2016

Aggressive homosexuality really irks me. I have no problem with anyones sexuality whatever it is (as long as it's legal and doesn't involve kids) so why do some of the gay community feel the need to to constantly go on about it? Gay pride marches whats all that about? what a waste of poice resources and time. Like said just get on with your lives and stop going on about who you shag, this isn't borne out of prejudice just apathy i.e. I am not interested and don't care.

I'd flag this, but luckily for you I'm not feeling particularly aggressive today.

Also, really? I forgot it wasn't 1950 today.
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

People who eat burgers with a knife and fork.

And then eat their chips and onion rings with their fingers.
  • cabbles said:

Aggressive homosexuality really irks me. I have no problem with anyones sexuality whatever it is (as long as it's legal and doesn't involve kids) so why do some of the gay community feel the need to to constantly go on about it? Gay pride marches whats all that about? what a waste of poice resources and time. Like said just get on with your lives and stop going on about who you shag, this isn't borne out of prejudice just apathy i.e. I am not interested and don't care.

When I read a post like this I think the moderators should add a wow button
    Wow is one word...
  • Aggressive homosexuality really irks me. I have no problem with anyones sexuality whatever it is (as long as it's legal and doesn't involve kids) so why do some of the gay community feel the need to to constantly go on about it? Gay pride marches whats all that about? what a waste of poice resources and time. Like said just get on with your lives and stop going on about who you shag, this isn't borne out of prejudice just apathy i.e. I am not interested and don't care.

Haha
  • the Birmingham accent.
  • edited January 2016
    Surely if that generally annoys @daveaddick then it's up to him, he certainly hasn't said anything malicious here, people enjoy singling out individuals on here when they say something the PC brigade doesn't like, that's soemthing that generally annoys me.
  • Supporting a football club where the senior management keep lying to the fans about what is happening
  • Surely if that generally annoys @daveaddick then it's up to him, he certainly hasn't said anything malicious here, people enjoy singling out individuals on here when they say something the PC brigade doesn't like, that's soemthing that generally annoys me.

Wow!..
  • Surely if that generally annoys @daveaddick then it's up to him, he certainly hasn't said anything malicious here, people enjoy singling out individuals on here when they say something the PC brigade doesn't like, that's soemthing that generally annoys me.

Wow!..
    You're wowcome
  • Sponsored links:

• Trying to get things done at work with all this shit going on. Phone hasn't stopped buzzing today.
  • Took a bit of flak here so maybe I'll try and explain myself a little better. Firstly I must emphasise two things. Firstly I am NOT suggesting that homosexual people are pedophiles sorry if I gave that impression, secondly I really am not homophobic everyone has a right to their own life. How this come about and I stand by my stance is that last summer I was with my family in a pub garden with my two grandaughters aged 7 and 5 when two middle aged men sat down and started eating one anothers face and frankly it was not the thing to do in my opinion to be honest it was at best juvenille and at worst plain embarassing.

I would have been equally unhappy if it had been a man and a woman this was obviously some sort of statement they were making but why and who they were trying to impress I have no idea. This is the kind nof "I am gay and I'm in your face" behaviour that just flummoxes me same thing with Peter Thatchall who thinks he has some right to "out" people when they obviously want to keep their private life just that private.

Each to their own I don't have any issues other than please just live your life as you wish but don't feel the need to share it with the world at every opportunity.

• Chunes said:

The fact that the Student Loans company, which has 300+ employees, is based in Scotland, much to the benefit of the Scottish economy.

Meanwhile, anyone who lives in Scotland doesn't have to pay a student loan.

I don't think that's right @Chunes. They don't pay tuition fees, but they do have to take out student loans.
  • addickson said:

Chunes said:

The fact that the Student Loans company, which has 300+ employees, is based in Scotland, much to the benefit of the Scottish economy.

I don't think that's right @Chunes. They don't pay tuition fees, but they do have to take out student loans.
    Ta gat pashed avaree neet
  • A couple of years ago the slc started to take direct payments from my work pay.
    I wouldn't have minded but I graduated from uni 20 years previously and had fully repaid the loan I had taken out. Also was a completely different system and I had never signed any form giving them permission to take money from wages. That was fun sorting out.
  • addickson said:

Chunes said:

That's made me feel slightly better. But still takes the piss.
    johnny73 said:

A couple of years ago the slc started to take direct payments from my work pay.
    I wouldn't have minded but I graduated from uni 20 years previously and had fully repaid the loan I had taken out. Also was a completely different system and I had never signed any form giving them permission to take money from wages. That was fun sorting out.

I can only imagine. Especially as they take a standard 28-days to reply to any correspondence.

When I contacted them to tell them I'd moved abroad and asked them how I could change payment arrangements, they replied with an aggressively worded letter saying how if I didn't change my payment arrangements, they would fine me X amount per month. As if they had just tracked me down or something.
  • Not being able to enjoy Hearts' 6-0 win today because it reminds me of the usless shite in red and white!
  • Apart from today's result. The drunk Eastern European that has just hit my car on a roundabout, slurred to me that I should have given way to him then drove off scrapping his car down mine, then not stopping and driving off at speed.
    I couldn't even get his number plate the git drove off so fast.
    Anyway, irrelevant what part of the world this prick comes from, (although it's a fact he's from east of Dover), it's people who think it's OK to have a nice drink and then drive that annoy me most tonight.
    He has only damaged my car and left me with a repair bill, which is quite annoying, but he could damage someone permanently with his disregard of law which goes way pass annoying.
  • American comedian , Kevin Hart.

I would like to find the original person who told him he was funny and give them a slap.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!