Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The Toure song, really starting to do my head in, can't escape it.

Been watching the 2nd Test and if it's not enough that stupid song has now invaded cricket with a modified version for Hasheem Amla & Moeen Ali, you have the head and shoulders TV advert doing it with Joe Hart looking as though he can't get enough of the song. Then knowing later tonight at the darts world championships final the so-called fans going will be doing it then too.

The escape from that song is about the only positive of going back to work tomorrow.

90s Belgian club anthem.
  • @MrOneLung you're right that's proper scummy, so apologies, but I couldn't help thinking of this which always makes me smile.

"A partidge among the pigeons"

"Well what's that?"

"I don't know it's just a title.....well hang on, erm, opening scene, me in trafalgar square feeding all the pigeons"
  • Convicted drugs smuggler getting weighed out 25 odd grand to start up a business from The Princes Trust while my Mrs loses her business of 10 years with no help from anywhere
  • cabbles said:

The great pottery throw down on bbc 2. What the hell is going on here. Have the BBC off the back of the Great British Bake Off gone Middle England reality/competition TV mad?????

I think I've just seen a winner for you, cabbles. Celebrity Auction Road Trip. No idea who the celebrities were, didn't understand what they were doing, both teams made a loss but they all celebrated anyway. What fun!
  • Eddie Redmayne
  • IA said:

cabbles said:

The great pottery throw down on bbc 2. What the hell is going on here. Have the BBC off the back of the Great British Bake Off gone Middle England reality/competition TV mad?????

I think I've just seen a winner for you, cabbles. Celebrity Auction Road Trip. No idea who the celebrities were, didn't understand what they were doing, both teams made a loss but they all celebrated anyway. What fun!
    Sounds like an RD and KM type show.
  • edited January 2016
    People driving in torrential rain with their lights off.

Over the last 4 or 5 days I've driven around 1,000 miles, much of it in "daylight" when it has been absolutely pi$**** down, yet a surprising number of motorists seem completely oblivious to the conditions.

Worst culprits, in no particular order, BMWs, Mercs, 4 wheel drives and audis.

I only noticed one van driver without lights which was a pleasant surprise.
  • IA said:

cabbles said:

send me the link - all over it :wink:

Eddie Redmayne

He's quite simply got a face I want to punch.
  • Never commented in this thread before, so here it goes, apologies if already been mentioned:

People typing "your" when they mean "you're".
    Cyclists.
    Commuters taking up one and a half seats.
    Drivers blaring music with windows down in December/January.
    Blokes in the gym with hoods up.
    Women in the gym hogging machines whilst reading a Kindle.
    Overuse of the word "racist" or "racism".
    Leeds being on tele every other week.
    People who sprint to the boarding desk queue at Gatwick to get a seat, despite everyone having allocated seats.
    Feminists.
    When one club comes out with a quality chant and then the other 91 clubs copy it.
    Women who think they're entitled to seat on the train even though they've been pregnant for 1 day.
    The last train home from London on a Friday.
    Missing the last train home from London on a Friday.
    The coverage the NFL is getting on Sky Sports News nowadays.
    People with their umbrellas up when it's not raining on a busy street.
    Banksy, it's not art, it's vandalism.
    Dre beat headphones.
    Sunday football being called off an hour before kick off.
    Putting the 12:45 game in my accumulator and it losing.
    The media going on about the noise at Selhurst Park.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

IA said:

cabbles said:

send me the link - all over it :wink:
    I'm not in the UK, so not sure if this link will work

Celebrity Antiques Road Trip

This is Series 5... In the one I watched they bought some things that were not antiques.
  • Drivers who don't indicate when turning. Lost count of the amount of times in the last couple of days when people have slowed right down in front of me and then turned into their driveway or junction without indicating. Feel like getting out and walking over to reach into their car and snap the indicator arm off seeing as they don't effing need it.
  • LenGlover said:

Over the last 4 or 5 days I've driven around 1,000 miles, much of it in "daylight" when it has been absolutely pi$**** down, yet a surprising number of motorists seem completely oblivious to the conditions.

Come on Len, they own the road. You can't expect them to observe the same rules and courtesies as the rest of us.
  • When I go into the kitchen area at work to eat my dinner and quietly read my book... Always get someone coming in quietly singing or humming... I dont want to listen to you doing that, if I wanted to listen to music I'd have brought my earphones so shut up so I can read in peace
  • Stig said:

LenGlover said:

Come on Len, they own the road. You can't expect them to observe the same rules and courtesies as the rest of us.
    odd thing is that most cars in your list have an automatic setting which puts lights on in poor conditions. So it is either stupidity or arrogance on the part of the driver not to put their lights on.
  • Never commented in this thread before, so here it goes, apologies if already been mentioned:

Cyclists.
    People who sprint to the boarding desk queue at Gatwick to get a seat, despite everyone having allocated seats.
    Feminists.
    When one club comes out with a quality chant and then the other 91 clubs copy it.
    Women who think they're entitled to seat on the train even though they've been pregnant for 1 day.
    Dre beat headphones.

Bad day at work H?

Cyclists.
    Feminists.
    Dre beat headphones.

Bad day at work H?
    Time of the month i reckon

Cyclists.
    Feminists.
    Dre beat headphones.

Bad day at work H?
    I'm posting far too often on ere for my liking mate I know..

Cyclists.
    Feminists.
    Dre beat headphones.

Bad day at work H?
    Time of the month i reckon
    You're lucky "Feminists" was on my list or I'd call you a sexist pig for that comment.
  • Eddie Redmayne

I saw him in Birdsong and thought he was so wooden he ruined it. I can't believe he has won an Oscar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

LenGlover said:

odd thing is that most cars in your list have an automatic setting which puts lights on in poor conditions. So it is either stupidity or arrogance on the part of the driver not to put their lights on.
    Exactly what I was going to say. Mine are always on auto, don't think I've ever turned the lights on or off manually, the car just does whatever is appropriate for the conditions
  • Stig said:

LenGlover said:

Exactly what I understood which makes it all the more puzzling.
  • People coming back to their hotel rooms pissed and loud at 4am in the morning.
  • Auto levelling headlights on cars, borrowed my mates Kia (I think it was one of those) and other drivers flashing their lights cos they think its on main beam.I mentioned it to my mate and his Missus is fed up getting flashed at (Matron!) so they're selling it.
  • Not proud of it but last year at some point I do vaguely remember disposing of a MaccyDs bag out of a tube door as it closed. Still have no idea what went through my head other than immediate shame
  • Addicted said:

Not proud of it but last year at some point I do vaguely remember disposing of a MaccyDs bag out of a tube door as it closed. Still have no idea what went through my head other than immediate shame

Bastard
  • Addicted said:

Not proud of it but last year at some point I do vaguely remember disposing of a MaccyDs bag out of a tube door as it closed. Still have no idea what went through my head other than immediate shame

That's why there is another tube strike.
  • Eddie Redmayne

I saw him in Birdsong and thought he was so wooden he ruined it. I can't believe he has won an Oscar.
    If that's the one where he played the cross dresser from the 20s, I think that's the clip that sent me over the edge on my disliking of him and it ain't got nothing to do with chickwithdickophobia.
  • IA said:

cabbles said:

This is on right now. Just caught the end. Bizarre. One of the lots was "random collection of stuff from a barn". This crowd are much better than the people last week.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!