Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• people who leave their left overs / rubbish behind on the table after eating in fast food outlets.

Why?
  • people who leave their left overs / rubbish behind on the table after eating in fast food outlets.

We took the kids bowling yesterday and the group next to us were putting all their rubbish on the end table (the one that is shared between the two lanes) as my mrs was trying to put a tray of drinks down. I then get told off for pointing out that they are selfish arse holes and there is a bin behind them!
  • T.C.E said:

Your not having my new one....... and trust me after having his knackers removed he's got the hump. ;)image

Zena looks like she's got the hump more.
  • edited December 2015
    JaShea99 said:

people who leave their left overs / rubbish behind on the table after eating in fast food outlets.

Why?
    Why what?

It's not particularly nice for the next people who sit there next is it?

Why does it annoy me? Because it doesn't take 5 seconds to put the rubbish in the bin that you walk past on the way out.

• It's a fast food restaurant though. It's the job of the people that work there to dispose of it, not customers.
  • edited December 2015
    JaShea99 said:

It's a fast food restaurant though. It's the job of the people that work there to dispose of it, not customers.

the thread is called general things that annoy you - It' annoys me (not the name of the thread but the rubbish) Regardless of whose job it is, it doesn't take a few seconds to sling your rubbish in the bin .
  • People taking a table before they've been served does annoy me though.
  • It doesn't take long but it's the principle. If I wanted to clean up after myself I'd eat at home. I go out and pay for the privilege of having someone do it for me.
  • edited December 2015

People taking a table before they've been served does annoy me though.

Especially if it's a clean one. Leaving only tables that JaShea99 has been sitting at (:
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:

It's a fast food restaurant though. It's the job of the people that work there to dispose of it, not customers.

You sound like the 13 year olds at my last school who, when you tell them not to chuck their litter on the floor, respond by saying that it's the cleaner's job. (Sometimes adding some bullshit like "they'd be out of a job if they didn't have litter to clear up.")
    Immature, thoughtless and ignorant attitude.
    Not sure how that's at all comparable. Litter should never be on the floor, whereas food is eaten at the tables. Can't tell if immature, thoughtless and ignorant was aimed at me or the kids but just in case - it's not immature as there's a reason for doing it, it's not thoughtless as I put thought into deciding to leave it there, given that I'm in a RESTAURANT and it's not ignorant as I know lots about fast food establishments and how they operate.
  • JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

You sound like the 13 year olds at my last school who, when you tell them not to chuck their litter on the floor, respond by saying that it's the cleaner's job. (Sometimes adding some bullshit like "they'd be out of a job if they didn't have litter to clear up.")
    Not sure how that's at all comparable. Litter should never be on the floor, whereas food is eaten at the tables. Can't tell if immature, thoughtless and ignorant was aimed at me or the kids but just in case - it's not immature as there's a reason for doing it, it's not thoughtless as I put thought into deciding to leave it there, given that I'm in a RESTAURANT and it's not ignorant as I know lots about fast food establishments and how they operate.
    When I go to The Ivy I don't order as soon as I enter and then stand outside the kitchen waiting for my food to be cooked. Just because both establishments are called 'restaurants' doesn't mean the done thing is the same in both.

It's not the biggest deal in the world to leave your shit for someone else to clean up in McDonald's, it's just a bit muggy.

Unless you leave a tip???
  • Glad all overrr....

Deserves a flag just for putting that in my head.... ;-)
  • edited December 2015
    People who wear baseball caps in expensive restaurants, and Maitre D's who wont challenge them, and the youth of today who cant catch a middle aged Charlton fan who runs out of the restaurant with one of their hats in his grasp.

• JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

When I go to The Ivy I don't order as soon as I enter and then stand outside the kitchen waiting for my food to be cooked. Just because both establishments are called 'restaurants' doesn't mean the done thing is the same in both.

It's not the biggest deal in the world to leave your shit for someone else to clean up in McDonald's, it's just a bit muggy.

Unless you leave a tip???
    Good point VG!

• JaShea99 said:

..and repeated in every school in the land.
    Sadly now second or third generation of the selfish gene pool.
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

@JaShea99
    You're right that it's not exactly the same, but you've got to admit it's not entirely different either is it? My 'immature, ignorant and thoughtless' comment was mainly aimed at my former students, but a bit of it was aimed at you too because you seemed to think this behaviour was ok. You've now exacerbated this by not only defending an indefensible position, but also by claiming to disprove your guilt of showing those three characteristics with arguments that only suggest you don't understand the point of the discussion:
    1) "it's not immature as there's a reason for doing it."
    What? This is no argument at all. Your "reason" is that you can leave it for some other mug.
    This is immature because the attitude of refusing to do the right thing because "someone else can do it" is the attitude of a child.
    2) "it's not thoughtless as I put thought into deciding to leave it there, given that I'm in a RESTAURANT". Are you fucking joking? In other words, you thought "Fuck it, someone else can clear my shit up." Brilliant.
    3) "it's not ignorant as I know lots about fast food establishments and how they operate." Yeah, so do I and thousands of other people. We've all been to Burger King and MacDonalds. It doesn't make any of us experts. For what it's worth, I worked in McDonalds when I was st sixth form and I can tell you honestly that people leaving their shit all over the place was, unfortunately, one of those things that happened, but it wasn't pleasant, I would rather they didn't do it as I had lots of other shitty jobs to do. It also came across as lazy and scummy.
    It doesn't matter if you're the president of fast food operations, not clearing your own shit up is wrong.
    To be fair, in some cultures it would be rude to clean up your own table as you doing it deprives other people of paid employment.

Not my culture, but for some people.
  • Only on Charlton Life can a full scale argument arise over a Egg Mcmuffin wrapper...
  • Only on Charlton Life can a full scale argument arise over a Egg Mcmuffin wrapper...

Haha! Yeah. Apologies. And to you too @JaShea99. Didn't mean to get personal, it just annoys me. Like the thread title says.
  • Yeah it's fine. Feel like a lot of people missed the point but it doesn't matter.
  • edited December 2015
    JaShea99 said:

Yeah it's fine. Feel like a lot of people missed the point but it doesn't matter.

No, a lot of people got the point. You think it's ok to leave your rubbish for someone else to clear up.

Whether it's staff or fellow members of the public, you don't know who it will be and care less.

Chav Britain. Learn some manners, you never know, you may find it pleasing to help others.

• JaShea99 said:

Yeah it's fine. Feel like a lot of people missed the point but it doesn't matter.

No, a lot of people got the point. You think it's ok to leave your rubbish for someone else to clear up.

Whether it's staff or fellow member so of the public, you don't know who it will be and care less.

Chav Britain.

Really? Maccy Ds pay people whose job it is purely to clean up once people have left. There's a kid at my local one who is so eager he will grab the rubbish before I have even made a move for the exit.
  • Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

Whether it's staff or fellow member so of the public, you don't know who it will be and care less.

Chav Britain.

Really? Maccy Ds pay people whose job it is purely to clean up once people have left. There's a kid at my local one who is so eager he will grab the rubbish before I have even made a move for the exit.
    I used to work for McDonald's many years ago as a student and was someone who always looked after the dining area. Cleaning up once people have left was not purely the job as you describe, it was only part of the job.

I think it's bad manners in general to leave a mess behind you in any public place, leave it as you would like to find it is generally how I go whether it's somewhere to eat, a toilet, kitchen etc.

That said the one time I do often leave my mess behind is when I go to KFC and they've run out of trays and give me my food in a takeaway bag instead when I want to eat in usually because there's a huge stack of uncollected trays in the dining area.
  • Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

Chav Britain.

Yes and the council pay for road sweepers/cleaners, but I don't throw litter around the streets and nor should any decent person, with a bit of respect for others.

There really is no argument, other than I'm a selfish twat and I'll do as I'll like, with no regard for anyone else.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!