Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Getting up for work after being out drinking all night. Get ready for work, leave the house, get half way to the station and then realise that your last day at work was was yesterday.

Not long after I started work in the late 80's I got all the way to a deserted dartford station before realising it was a Sunday.
  • Spitting. Nothing worse that somebody gobbing on the pavement.

The pavement pizzas this time of year up here in the West End particularly get my goat.
  • edited December 2015

Spitting. Nothing worse that somebody gobbing on the pavement.

The pavement pizzas this time of year up here in the West End particularly get my goat.
    If your goat is like my dog, surprised, it hasn't tried to eat them.
  • Companies, that I have barely heard of, addressing me by my first name and wishing me a Happy Christmas.
  • edited December 2015
    Finding out the tax man has overcharged you, getting a refund cheque, then finding out the next day that the dental work your wife needs will swallow almost all of it up in a fortnight.

(Actually thankful for having it there to use - the money that is, not the wife...)
  • Dazzler21 said:

Finding out the tax man has overcharged you, getting a refund cheque, then finding out the next day that the dental work your wife needs will swallow almost all of it up in a fortnight.

(Actually thankful for having it there to use - the money that is, not the wife...)

Does she need teeth? Like really need them?
    Would make one process slightly less dangerous if they didn't
  • Dazzler21 said:

Does she need teeth? Like really need them?
    Well, it's not like it's a front one or anything... I s'pose I could ask? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Saying Happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas.

Extraordinary. Earlier this morning when I read this, I thought that I hadn't heard "happy holidays" for ages. This morning, I had brunch (not a word I like, I prefer lunfast) in town and as we left the young waitress wished me "happy holidays".

Strange.

Extraordinary. Earlier this morning when I read this, I thought that I hadn't heard "happy holidays" for ages. This morning, I had brunch (not a word I like, I prefer lunfast) in town and as we left the young waitress wished me "happy holidays".

Strange.
    Hope you punched her in the face?
  • Being called buddy by bar staff

A bloke at work calls everybody buddy. I just want to throw boiling hot coffee in his face when he says it.

It's up there with 'fella' in my book.
    Ease up chap
  • Shit online quizzes. There looked like a great quiz on bad football kits on BBC Sport, except only one of the questions was about guessing what team the bad kit belonged to and the other 9 questions related to vague nonsense trivia unrelated to the kits in question.

Maybe I should make a quiz called 'Guess the shit BBC journalist' and the questions relate entirely to average rainfall in various parts of the world.
  • Having to go to Argos on Christmas Eve.
  • Sponsored links:

I insist on being called "oh great one"...

People grafting 'Christmas' onto our holidays.
  • Fiiish said:

Shit online quizzes. There looked like a great quiz on bad football kits on BBC Sport, except only one of the questions was about guessing what team the bad kit belonged to and the other 9 questions related to vague nonsense trivia unrelated to the kits in question.

Maybe I should make a quiz called 'Guess the shit BBC journalist' and the questions relate entirely to average rainfall in various parts of the world.

I did that same one and stopped after a couple of questions for that same reason. So bizarre. Questions like "Hully City once wore this awful strip in the mid-90's in the 4th division. But who were the top four scorers in the Premiership at that time?"
  • edited December 2015
    Technophobe Lifers who have just learnt how to post a gif and over egg the pudding.........Oh hang on a minute;

• Downton Abbey - members of my family are already talking about it. Where's that bloody heroin
  • Not being able to watch the Boxing Day Test as I'm at my Girlfriend's with her family ... apparently cricket is not acceptable for the TV!
  • Fiiish said:

Shit online quizzes. There looked like a great quiz on bad football kits on BBC Sport, except only one of the questions was about guessing what team the bad kit belonged to and the other 9 questions related to vague nonsense trivia unrelated to the kits in question.

I did that same one and stopped after a couple of questions for that same reason. So bizarre. Questions like "Hully City once wore this awful strip in the mid-90's in the 4th division. But who were the top four scorers in the Premiership at that time?"
    I thought the same. Until I got nine out of ten, and realised that I was utterly brilliant, and everyone else knew f*** all about football.*

*Then again, maybe I was a bit lucky?
  • Not being able to watch the Boxing Day Test as I'm at my Girlfriend's with her family ... apparently cricket is not acceptable for the TV!

Apparently the DVD "Champions - highlights of Charlton Athletics title winning 2012-13 season" isn't acceptable here either !
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!