Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited December 2015

Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

Yeah it's fine. Feel like a lot of people missed the point but it doesn't matter.

No, a lot of people got the point. You think it's ok to leave your rubbish for someone else to clear up.

Whether it's staff or fellow member so of the public, you don't know who it will be and care less.

Chav Britain.

Really? Maccy Ds pay people whose job it is purely to clean up once people have left. There's a kid at my local one who is so eager he will grab the rubbish before I have even made a move for the exit.
    Yes and the council pay for road sweepers/cleaners, but I don't throw litter around the streets and nor should any decent person, with a bit of respect for others.

There really is no argument, other than I'm a selfish twat and I'll do as I'll like, with no regard for anyone else.
    Apples and oranges.

Personally I make an effort to drop the packaging in a bin on my way out, but I was making the point that Maccys does pay people to do this. Otherwise why would this kid grab my rubbish before I have even left? Because either he has been told to by his boss or he thinks it is his job to do it.
  • edited December 2015
    Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

Yeah it's fine. Feel like a lot of people missed the point but it doesn't matter.

No, a lot of people got the point. You think it's ok to leave your rubbish for someone else to clear up.

Whether it's staff or fellow member so of the public, you don't know who it will be and care less.

Chav Britain.

Really? Maccy Ds pay people whose job it is purely to clean up once people have left. There's a kid at my local one who is so eager he will grab the rubbish before I have even made a move for the exit.
    Yes and the council pay for road sweepers/cleaners, but I don't throw litter around the streets and nor should any decent person, with a bit of respect for others.

There really is no argument, other than I'm a selfish twat and I'll do as I'll like, with no regard for anyone else.
    Apples and oranges.

Personally I make an effort to drop the packaging in a bin on my way out, but I was making the point that Maccys does pay people to do this. Otherwise why would this kid grab my rubbish before I have even left? Because either he has been told to by his boss or he thinks it is his job to do it.
    Yes, we all know McDonalds pay people to clear away the rubbish, that lazy people, refuse to clear away for themselves.

If anyone would prefer to sit at a table, strewn with anyone else's rubbish, rather than a clear table, then I'd be surprised.

If you'd prefer to sit at a clear table, then you should clear up your own rubbish. End of.
  • If I couldn't find a clean table in a restaurant I'd be more likely to blame the management than other patrons.

I assume you hold the same attitude for people in pubs/bars who don't take their empty glasses and dirty plates back up to the bar when they're leaving? Same difference, dirty tables in pubs are also caused by lazy patrons.
  • JaShea99 said:

Whether it's staff or fellow members of the public, you don't know who it will be and care less.

Chav Britain. Learn some matters, you never know, you may find it pleasing to help others.

Yes matters are important. Please teach me some matters.
  • edited December 2015
    Fiiish said:

If I couldn't find a clean table in a restaurant I'd be more likely to blame the management than other patrons.

I assume you hold the same attitude for people in pubs/bars who don't take their empty glasses and dirty plates back up to the bar when they're leaving? Same difference, dirty tables in pubs are also caused by lazy patrons.

Up to a point, if the pub is quiet and the bar can be easily accessed.

But you're not going to fight your way through crowds to return glasses to the bar & certainly not dirty plates with cutlery falling to the floor.

Pubs also do not provide bins to throw away your pint glasses either or if they do, I've yet to find one.

Anyway I take the point. Some people think it's fine to leave their rubbish for others to clear up.

Get yourself down to KFC Woolwich, you'll be ever so pleased.
  • Context maaaaan
  • Fast food etiquette; use the bins provided and leave the area you occupied as clean as you found it. It doesn't take much effort on your way out.
    It's like your kids leaving the dining table and telling you mum will clear that up when she finishes the hovering.
  • Sponsored links:

• The New Year’s honours List and the associated mutual back slapping cronyism and general fawning that goes with it.

Needs to be remained as the New Years Celebrity List!!
  • Fiiish said:

If I couldn't find a clean table in a restaurant I'd be more likely to blame the management than other patrons.

Granted you'd blame the Management if you couldn't find a clean table in a Restaurant but seriously... McDonalds can not be classed as a restaurant!!
  • McBobbin said:

I actually take my glasses back to the bar when I leave the pub tbh.

How do you managed to see to make your way home? No glasses after a few beers - you're asking for trouble.
  • The New Year’s honours List and the associated mutual back slapping cronyism and general fawning that goes with it.

Got overlooked again this year, eh Raith?

Got overlooked again this year, eh Raith?
    You may have hit upon some deep rooted, psychological problem there PIP.

I applied for an early release scheme after doing 43 years for one company. Long story, but by the time they finally agreed to my leaving it was approaching Easter and I had annual leave owing. My boss simply phoned me and said leave your tools and equipment in a locker somewhere and let someone know where it is - and you can go (4 hours notice).

There was no recognition, gold watch, brass band, meal, sarnie or even a cup of fecking tea.

It did though make me chuckle as I plodded down to Cannon Street Station on that last day. I’d survived all manner of swingeing cut backs, controversies and dramas, but I’d managed to pay for the house, bring up three kids and sponsor them all through uni. That was reward enough - job done!
  • JaShea99 said:

It's a fast food restaurant though. It's the job of the people that work there to dispose of it, not customers.

People who actually believe this type of attitude is ok.
    I suppose you also think it's ok when your'e eating in your car in the car park to just open the door and chuck the rubbish on the floor rather than walk to one of the many bins within a few feet of you?

• JaShea99 said:

It's a fast food restaurant though. It's the job of the people that work there to dispose of it, not customers.

I suppose you also think it's ok when your'e eating in your car in the car park to just open the door and chuck the rubbish on the floor rather than walk to one of the many bins within a few feet of you?

But it really is not the same is it? Like really not even remotely close when you think about it.
  • McBobbin said:

I actually take my glasses back to the bar when I leave the pub tbh.

So do I, and I did so long before I became a publican myself.

I put it to you, that you are captain wrong, of the good ship wrong, currently sailing across the made up sea to imagination land.
    Please tell me how many people on this list are "celebrities"...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/dec/30/new-years-honours-2016-the-full-list

:wink:
  • Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

But it really is not the same is it? Like really not even remotely close when you think about it.
    I rather think it is because it is all about abject laziness and not giving a damn about the state of your surroundings or other people. Sadly indicative of the attitude of a certain section of society these days.
  • Sponsored links:

I put it to you, that you are captain wrong, of the good ship wrong, currently sailing across the made up sea to imagination land.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/dec/30/new-years-honours-2016-the-full-list

Opened that with the intention of making a little joke.

Closed it as soon as I saw Lynton Crosby got his reward.

Thanks for that.
  • IA said:

The New Year’s honours List and the associated mutual back slapping cronyism and general fawning that goes with it.

Thanks for that.
    Actually it is Sir Lynton Crosby now. I thought you read the article?
  • Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

This. People are coming up with the stupidest examples to make their point. Like saying it's ok to kill people because otherwise police and lawyers wouldn't have jobs to do.
  • IA said:

The New Year’s honours List and the associated mutual back slapping cronyism and general fawning that goes with it.

Thanks for that.
    Sorry. It is the "things that annoy you" thread though FA. :neutral:

I see James Stewart, Treasurer of Scottish Conservatives, got an honour too. A job that must take up an awful lot of time...
  • No, an example of the kind of arbitrary comparison someone like you would make to make it seem as if what I'm doing is wrong. Unless you actually believe the above to be true...
  • The Toure song, really starting to do my head in, can't escape it.

Been watching the 2nd Test and if it's not enough that stupid song has now invaded cricket with a modified version for Hasheem Amla & Moeen Ali, you have the head and shoulders TV advert doing it with Joe Hart looking as though he can't get enough of the song. Then knowing later tonight at the darts world championships final the so-called fans going will be doing it then too.

The escape from that song is about the only positive of going back to work tomorrow.
  • The Toure song, really starting to do my head in, can't escape it.

Been watching the 2nd Test and if it's not enough that stupid song has now invaded cricket with a modified version for Hasheem Amla & Moeen Ali, you have the head and shoulders TV advert doing it with Joe Hart looking as though he can't get enough of the song. Then knowing later tonight at the darts world championships final the so-called fans going will be doing it then too.

The escape from that song is about the only positive of going back to work tomorrow.

With you on that one.
  • The SCUM who spray painted several cars down our road on Saturday night, including the C word on my 70 year old mother in laws car.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!