Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited January 2016
    A Belgian owner.
    An incompetent CEO.

Nothing else comes close to the pain and 'annoyance'
  • THREAD TITLES IN CAPITAL LETTERS. DISCUSS.
  • Never commented in this thread before, so here it goes, apologies if already been mentioned:

People typing "your" when they mean "you're".
    Cyclists.
    Commuters taking up one and a half seats.
    Drivers blaring music with windows down in December/January.
    Blokes in the gym with hoods up.
    Women in the gym hogging machines whilst reading a Kindle.
    Overuse of the word "racist" or "racism".
    Leeds being on tele every other week.
    People who sprint to the boarding desk queue at Gatwick to get a seat, despite everyone having allocated seats.
    Feminists.
    When one club comes out with a quality chant and then the other 91 clubs copy it.
    Women who think they're entitled to seat on the train even though they've been pregnant for 1 day.
    The last train home from London on a Friday.
    Missing the last train home from London on a Friday.
    The coverage the NFL is getting on Sky Sports News nowadays.
    People with their umbrellas up when it's not raining on a busy street.
    Banksy, it's not art, it's vandalism.
    Dre beat headphones.
    Sunday football being called off an hour before kick off.
    Putting the 12:45 game in my accumulator and it losing.
    The media going on about the noise at Selhurst Park.

Bad day at work H?
    A lot of suppressed anger in there but agree on many of them.
    Cyclists are becoming an ever increasing irritation.

Truck drivers who indicate once then pull out almost causing a 20 car shunt.
    Happened today to me on the A1 near Newark.
    However, I repent because I spoke to a customer later today who also has an HGV Class 1 and he said I should understand the plight of the truck driver - he's probably been trying to get past the truck in front of him for the past 7 miles and at the only chance he gets to get past the guy, I appear and unwittingly block his opportunity - so he gets frustrated and pulls out.
    For the rest of today I've been a lot more courteous to truck drivers and they are generally appreciative when you show good will.
  • rina said:

Spurs/man city fans wearing blue and white santa hats. You won't die if you wear red once a year, get a bloody grip and just enjoy christmas without being dicks

You do know that the red Santa is an invention of coca cola's advertising. Traditionally he wore green.
  • iainment said:

rina said:

Spurs/man city fans wearing blue and white santa hats. You won't die if you wear red once a year, get a bloody grip and just enjoy christmas without being dicks

You do know that the red Santa is an invention of coca cola's advertising. Traditionally he wore green.
    Think you're getting you Santas and leprechauns mixed up there pal
  • edited January 2016
    iainment said:

rina said:

Sigh.

This is a myth peddled by Grauniad types to perpetuate some kind of message about corporatism, or something. It simply isn't true.
  • A Belgian owner.
    An incompetent CEO.

Ooh look! Someone's just remembered an old login.

Welcome back Floyd.
  • Traditionally St Nicholas Eve was 5th December. The original Christian (Catholic) bishop he was modelled on liked giving secret gifts. He was from turkey and was unlikely to be a fat white guy in a red suit.

Christmas Day is surely 3/4 days after the winter solstice because it was a convenient festival to hang it off? Originally had nothing to do with Santa klaus until the US took it on and combined his birthday with the festival in the late 1800s

Agree that the red is probably a Coca Cola thing. Probably back in the days when that beverage used to still contain a secret ingredient sourced mainly from South America and still consumed in both leaf form in those countries and in a more lethal powder form by export.
  • I get annoyed by people doing sloppy research
  • Sponsored links:

• A Belgian owner.
    An incompetent CEO.

Welcome back Floyd.
    If you weren't so quick to be Mr Smart Tracker of CL, you would have seen my name on the left side of your screen for months.
  • A Belgian owner.
    An incompetent CEO.

Welcome back Floyd.
    If you weren't so quick to be Mr Smart Tracker of CL, you would have seen my name on the left side of your screen for months.
    Fair enough Floyd. I mean it's not like anything of interest has happened at The Valley in the 3 years since you last posted has it?
  • edited January 2016

A Belgian owner.
    An incompetent CEO.

Welcome back Floyd.
    Fair enough Floyd. I mean it's not like anything of interest has happened at The Valley in the 3 years since you last posted has it?
    ..and your comments ensure I will refrain from commenting again for quite a while.
    I'm sure you will be pleased to hear that.
    Thank you

PS Hope you won't mind me continuing to give Likes and LOLs,.
  • I get annoyed by people doing sloppy research

From the Coca Cola website

Is it true that Santa traditionally wears red because of Coca‑Cola?

No. It's widely believed that today's Santa wears a red suit because that’s the colour associated with Coca‑Cola, but this isn’t the case. Before the Coca‑Cola Santa was even created, St Nick had appeared in numerous illustrations and written descriptions wearing a scarlet coat.

However, it is true that Coca‑Cola advertising played a big role in shaping the jolly, rotund character we know and love today.

In 1931, Coca‑Cola commissioned Swedish-American artist Haddon Sundblom to paint Santa Claus for the company's Christmas adverts. Prior to this, Santa had been portrayed in a variety of ways throughout history: tall and gaunt; short and elfin; distinguished and intellectual; even downright frightening.

Sundblom’s paintings for Coca‑Cola established Santa as a warm, happy character with human features such as rosy cheeks, a white beard, twinkling eyes and laughter lines. This grandfather-style Coca‑Cola Santa captivated the public and, as our adverts spread globally, the perception of the North Pole’s most-famous resident changed forever.
  • MrOneLung said:

I get annoyed by people doing sloppy research

From the Coca Cola website

However, it is true that Coca‑Cola advertising played a big role in shaping the jolly, rotund children we see stuffing sugary crap down their hatches in between burgers.

• edited January 2016
    People who sit on public transport watching or listening to something on their phones / tablet without earphones. Completely oblivious to everybody else around them.
  • The woman on the tube who was trying out every single ringtone on her new phone
  • Cheap, thin toilet paper, you know the rest.........
  • The chavvy sheets strung across roundabouts and other public places announcing Darren's birthday. (I use Darren's name strictly as an example - there are must be some Darrens who are completely innocent of this outrage.
  • Sponsored links:

• The chavvy sheets strung across roundabouts and other public places announcing Darren's birthday. (I use Darren's name strictly as an example - there are must be some Darrens who are completely innocent of this outrage.

That's vandalism as far am I'm concerned.

The vermin who put them up never come back to collect their rank, pissy, spray painted bedsheet so when they inevitably come loose they are left for the council or a decent member of humanity to clear up. All silted up and covered in shit.

Also if you care so much about someone to make a banner to vandalise a footbridge or roundabout then spend a couple of quid and get a nice vinyl one made as opposed to a filthy tagged sheet

Great call raith.

That and commuters generally. Train people. Mostly the ones with silly ways about them

Loud earphones
    Loud phone conversations I don't actually have much of a problem with. I'm sure the person on the phone would rather not be conducting a phone call on public transport. It's the obnoxious ones I don't like, ones where someone is giving it large for the benefit of all the passengers to hear how important they are. Divots
    Women who scowl, especially ones who look at blokes with distrust who offer them a seat.
    The platform rusher. Train pulls in, people need to get off before anyone can embark. So the doors get rushed and a wall is created.

• Fiiish said:

iainment said:

rina said:

Sigh.

This is a myth peddled by Grauniad types to perpetuate some kind of message about corporatism, or something. It simply isn't true.
    Correct.

Fat, fur lined and big black belted, however were CocaCola DLC for the old boy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7152054.stm
  • RedPanda said:

Calling League 1 'Division 1'.

Not calling league one division 3.
  • Drivers not giving way to their right.
  • Aggressive homosexuality really irks me. I have no problem with anyones sexuality whatever it is (as long as it's legal and doesn't involve kids) so why do some of the gay community feel the need to to constantly go on about it? Gay pride marches whats all that about? what a waste of poice resources and time. Like said just get on with your lives and stop going on about who you shag, this isn't borne out of prejudice just apathy i.e. I am not interested and don't care.
  • Experts who are not experts
  • Fiiish said:

iainment said:

rina said:

Sigh.

Sigh.

People who make up stuff about certain "types", with no solid evidence behind it, in order to perpetuate their own prejudices about non-capitalists, or something...
  • Any player that is linked with us and the inevitable shout by some bell of 'How tall is he?'
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!