Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• 3 quarters of the office fucking off dead on 5 every night, whist others seem to be working their bollocks off all the time. In other words shit distribution of workload.

This. Nail on the head. We are the 25%

Though probably more like 90% who leave dead on time in my office.

Always the same people with there head down cracking on with there work and always the same people playing the game trying to get away with as little as possible.
  • 3 quarters of the office fucking off dead on 5 every night, whist others seem to be working their bollocks off all the time. In other words shit distribution of workload.

This. Nail on the head. We are the 25%

Though probably more like 90% who leave dead on time in my office.

Always the same people with there head down cracking on with there work and always the same people playing the game trying to get away with as little as possible.
    Stab one of them and watch the rest fall into line
  • IA said:

cabbles said:

Whispering, or to the point, people who carry out entire conversations whispering. I don't mind someone saying something very quickly, you might be in church or a library and say 'I just need the loo'

However today, all the way in the lift up at covent garden these two people whispering whatever it was. If it's secret and you don't want anyone else to hear, don't talk about it in public. Wait till we all leave the lift. I remember 2 girls doing it last year for pretty much the entire lunch break. It really grates like running your nails down a chalk board sort of thing.

Our voices have a natural level of volume. You wouldn't have a conversation shouting at the top your lungs, don't whisper

Used to work in an office with three women, who would regularly (in any combination of 2) launch into a 30+ minute long whispering session, usually when I was the only other person in the room. Eventually had to tell them to fuck off somewhere else if they wanted to have a private conversation. Found it far more distracting and annoying than if they had a normal voice conversation about everything they hated about me.
    More whispering in the new office.

Fuck off.
  • IA said:

IA said:

cabbles said:

Whispering, or to the point, people who carry out entire conversations whispering. I don't mind someone saying something very quickly, you might be in church or a library and say 'I just need the loo'

However today, all the way in the lift up at covent garden these two people whispering whatever it was. If it's secret and you don't want anyone else to hear, don't talk about it in public. Wait till we all leave the lift. I remember 2 girls doing it last year for pretty much the entire lunch break. It really grates like running your nails down a chalk board sort of thing.

Our voices have a natural level of volume. You wouldn't have a conversation shouting at the top your lungs, don't whisper

Used to work in an office with three women, who would regularly (in any combination of 2) launch into a 30+ minute long whispering session, usually when I was the only other person in the room. Eventually had to tell them to fuck off somewhere else if they wanted to have a private conversation. Found it far more distracting and annoying than if they had a normal voice conversation about everything they hated about me.

Fuck off.
    Every time they start find any reason to stand nearby and hum, REALLY loudly.
  • EastStand said:

IA said:

IA said:

cabbles said:

Fuck off.
    I had to interrupt it. Partly because it was annoying me and partly because I needed an answer to a question.

One of them has spent the day so far:
    Gossiping
    Moaning about work
    Christmas shopping
    Chatting about christmas shopping
    Lunch
    Gossiping

And will leave at 5pm on the dot.
  • IA said:

EastStand said:

IA said:

IA said:

cabbles said:

Fuck off.
    I had to interrupt it. Partly because it was annoying me and partly because I needed an answer to a question.

Gossiping
    Moaning about work
    Christmas shopping
    Lunch
    Gossiping

She's doing something right then.......
  • Greenie said:

IA said:

EastStand said:

IA said:

IA said:

cabbles said:

Fuck off.

Gossiping
    Moaning about work
    Christmas shopping
    Lunch
    Gossiping

More gossip
    More Christmas shopping chat
    Time for tea
  • IA said:

Greenie said:

IA said:

EastStand said:

IA said:

IA said:

cabbles said:

Fuck off.

Gossiping
    Moaning about work
    Christmas shopping
    Lunch
    Gossiping

More gossip
    Time for tea
    Does she smoke and have a ciggie break as well?
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:

IA said:

Greenie said:

IA said:

EastStand said:

IA said:

IA said:

cabbles said:

Fuck off.

Gossiping
    Moaning about work
    Christmas shopping
    Lunch
    Gossiping

More gossip
    Time for tea
    Does she smoke and have a ciggie break as well?
    No, I'll recommend it

Some work being done just now.

I realise this may look hypocritical given that I'm on here, but was taking the piss today.
  • Must be tough working in an office, fellas
  • MrLargo said:

On the subject of stupid female work colleagues:

On my lunchbreak, arriving back at my desk with anything other than the blandest Pret A Manger cheese sandwich and being interrogated by Mrs N Parker next to me about the contents of my lunch. Not only that, but her always waiting until I'm clearly busy filling my fat face before posing her tedious "Oooh, what have you got there?" question, so that I have to face the humiliation of either finishing chewing while you stare at me, or attempt to answer your question nearly choking myself to death in the process, or attempt to answer your question showing the whole office a mouthful of half-digested cornish pasty/Vietnamese curry/jacket potato/something else really not that interesting whilst mumbling "mietnamese murry" and trying not to spill my lunch out of my mouth and onto my desk.

I am particularly suffering as a result of this today, because I fancied some jerk chicken at lunchtime and decided to eat in rather than takeaway in order to avoid deskside food harrassment. Unfortunately, they forgot about my order so I waited ages and eventually had to tell them to box it up so I could get back to work. I'm now sat at my desk increasingly hungry, with a rapidly cooling box of jerk chicken, rice 'n' peas next to me, scared to bring out into the open because it will inevitably send her nosey, boring beak into a frenzy, causing her to launch into a Parkinson-esque interview about the contents of my lunch.

If the above wasn't annoying enough, the first thing she asks anyone in the morning is "what did you eat last night?" and, what with it being about 3.30 in the afternoon, it's only a matter of time before she asks me what I am eating this evening.

I am dangerously close to providing her with a neatly-boxed parcel of last night's dinner, post-digestion, so that she can examine it at her leisure without bothering me.

I think I posted something similar to this a year ago. I cannot stand office bores whose idea of a conversation starter is interrupting your lunch because they have literally nothing else to say. Conversations don't work if only one of you is eating, amazing how many people are so thick they can't realise this. Either get something to eat as well or sod off.
  • Must be tough working in an office, fellas

Very bad Rob!
  • People who don't take their hat off inside, especially flat caps
  • Automatic renewal BEFORE THE DUE DATE by thieving bastard insurance companies.

• LenGlover said:

Automatic renewal BEFORE THE DUE DATE by thieving bastard insurance companies.

When you take out insurance state you wish to not have automatic renewal on your policy (you have a choice), if not, they will automatically do it
  • I think it took me about a week of working (if not whilst at college) to perfect my "I think you're a dickhead, don't talk to me" face, i use it a lot, its almost my default face these days, unless I'm going for Blue Steel or Magnum....
  • edited December 2015
    ross1 said:

LenGlover said:

Automatic renewal BEFORE THE DUE DATE by thieving bastard insurance companies.

When you take out insurance state you wish to not have automatic renewal on your policy (you have a choice), if not, they will automatically do it
    This mob give no choice. You have to contact them by the due date if you do not want it to automatcally renew. My daughter did just that but the bastards had already taken her money!

I personally think automatic renewal is a racket and would not myself go to a company that insisted upon it like this one as a matter of principle.

However the issue is not the automatic renewal as such but the automatic renewal BEFORE THE DUE DATE which takes away her choice not to renew.

Little short of theft and getting the money back is no easy task.

EDIT: I'm happy to name and shame but do not want to compromise the moderators so name removed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Change insurance companies, decent ones will remove automatic renewal, as long as you tell them when you first take out the policy
  • People who sit on buses or trains at right angles to the way normal people sit so that their legs are blocking the aisle.
  • People who use printed stickers to address their Christmas cards, about 70% so far this year. If you cannot be bothered to write out my address then don't bother sending me a card. Its clinical, non-personal and anti-Christmas spirit.
  • Macronate said:

people who cross from the other side of the pavement to the exact point where you're walking when you're the only two people along that entire stretch of road.

Especially concerning when you're on the way home from the boozer and the two people look well dodgy and you wonder if you're about to get mugged or turned over.
    Usually more concerning when on own, thf.
  • edited December 2015

Picking up dog's shit & discovering it is not from your dog.

• Christmas cards - what a load of old Shiite, and waste of money.
    No one really wants to sit there and scribble out dozens of Xmas cards to people you've not had any contact with since the last Xmas card. It's only done out of duty.
    I really couldn't give a toss if they have a shit Xmas or a great Xmas, I've not seen most of them for a few years anyway! Some may even be dead!
    Who knows?
  • People who cannot grasp the topic of a thread.

• I’m a bit annoyed with myself.

Yesterday I targeted a random fellow pedestrian and decided that I should be able to walk faster than him. I gradually closed the gap and pulled level - he gave a sideways glance - I feigned a look of nonchalance (despite the fact that I was hurting). As I inched ahead I became conscious that for all my facial bravado I could not hide the fact that my short legs were going ten to the dozen. I must’ve looked a complete dick …

I love it when people do this with me... Am a really fast walker without putting in any effort so when some random bloke busts a gut to try and get alongside (then ahead of) me I just give them a glance and stroll off leaving them for dust
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!