Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• MrOneLung said:

3 quarters of the office fucking off dead on 5 every night, whist others seem to be working their bollocks off all the time. In other words shit distribution of workload.

A quarter of my office slacking and staying past 5:30. If they can't do job in allocated time should get someone in who can.
    Lol - wouldn't be so bad if it was rewarded with pay or time.
  • Macronate said:

The Tesco Christmas ads with the annoying teenager, not funny just pathetic.

To think that somebody actually got paid to make that pile of kak!
    Maybe they deliberately made it severe cringe so folk would remember it.

Sad to see Ruth Jones from Gavin and Stacey selling out like that.
  • Should Ask DamoNorthStand what the process would be for those adverts getting past the drawing board. Think he is director of an advertising company.
  • Moles.

The feckin molehills on our lawn are the size of active volcanoes.

My mate said I should stick rose branches down into the hole because they bleed to death when they get cut on the thorns - couldn't bring myself to do it.

Can't find a plan B, though.

All alternative, organic solutions welcomed.
  • purdis said:

Moles.

My mate said I should stick rose branches down into the hole because they bleed to death when they get cut on the thorns - couldn't bring myself to do it.

Aren't there some ultrasound transmitters that you stick in the ground to drive them away?

This kind of thing http://www.amazon.co.uk/Solar-Powered-Repeller-Ultrasonic-Sonic/dp/B003TLA4L2
  • People at crowded bus stops when the trains aren't running (thanks south eastern) that get on the Middle 'exit doors'.
  • purdis said:

Moles.

Scissor traps Purd, find the main moles galleries and set the traps, but DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIGGER WITH YOUR BARE HANDS, cover your hand in dirt and then set the trap. Put about 5 traps down and leave them there for a few days and you should see some results. (Depending on how deep the galleries are, you can see if the trap has been activated from the top, if the ends are closed it's still primed, if they're apart it's been activated)

Traps are the most humane and organic way to deal with moles, you cannot rehome them and any other method is not humane. Please don'y use rose branches or glass as some people would advise.

Good luck

• Sponsored links:

• People that scurry around art exhibitions taking pictures of every exhibit without ever stopping to look at them.
  • This.....everywhere I go, this pony is playing........
  • purdis said:

Moles.

Scissor traps Purd, find the main moles galleries and set the traps, but DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIGGER WITH YOUR BARE HANDS, cover your hand in dirt and then set the trap. Put about 5 traps down and leave them there for a few days and you should see some results. (Depending on how deep the galleries are, you can see if the trap has been activated from the top, if the ends are closed it's still primed, if they're apart it's been activated)

Traps are the most humane and organic way to deal with moles, you cannot rehome them and any other method is not humane. Please don'y use rose branches or glass as some people would advise.

Good luck

So murdering them in their natural habitat is humane?

Nice one.
  • Some regular visitors/friends from the UK said if we were booking our (and their) favourite restaurant for NYE, would we book for them to join us too. In September I mentioned it to the owner, Sergio, and believe it or not they were already booked up, but because we are old pals he said he would find a way to prize the two of us in. As we had said we would go with our friends, and didn't want to do an "I'm alright Jack" we reluctantly declined. We have since made arrangements - although not booked yet, as the restaurant in question have still not got their shit together - to go elsewhere, along with the couple mentioned and 10 others. Yesterday I got a message from the friends saying the Sergio has called and said they have two cancellations - Sergio obviously not realising that these were the two friends that we didn't want to let down... It's too late for us to pull out of the second "booking" as all the others are expecting us to be there now, so we end up missing out on the night out we really wanted, and the couple we sacrificed it for are going. No-ones fault, but bloody annoying all the same...

Is that what they call a First World problem?
  • Redskin said:

People that scurry around art exhibitions taking pictures of every exhibit without ever stopping to look at them.

You go to art exhibitions?????
  • women doing their make up on the train to work in the morning, not a quick check in the mirror and touch up, I mean doing the lot.
  • Dazzler21 said:

purdis said:

Moles.

Good luck

Nice one.
    I did consider napalm, cluster bombs, bombing and strafing and various other less subtle options but neighbours not happy and, apparently, you need planning for that.
  • Dazzler21 said:

purdis said:

Moles.

Good luck

Nice one.
    Yeah, you got it Daz
  • edited December 2015
    Cool.

Cheers.

p.s I understand it's far more humane than the other murders mentioned of glass and thorns.

Just disagree with needless killing of wildlife, unless it's going on my dinner plate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Cool.

Cheers.

p.s I understand it's far more humane than the other murders mentioned of glass and thorns.

Just disagree with needless killing of wildlife, unless it's going on my dinner plate.

Point taken but no alternative. Once the moles are in, they're in to stay with devastating consequences to gardens.

I did ask them to move to the field next door, even left notes out for them, pleading for their understanding - got nothing but attitude - the more I asked, the more they increased their onslaught.

Hadn't realised they had such poor poor eyesight so would have been unable to read my well-argued, neighbour-friendly begging letters.

PS I would never use the rose thorn or broken glass methods and, like you, would much rather they just went away on their own accord.
  • Riviera said:

Redskin said:

People that scurry around art exhibitions taking pictures of every exhibit without ever stopping to look at them.

You go to art exhibitions?????
    Er, yes.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Cool.

Cheers.

I disagree with the pointless killing of wildlife an all, but this ain't pointless is it
  • Dazzler21 said:

Cool.

Cheers.

I disagree with the pointless killing of wildlife an all, but this ain't pointless is it
    are you making a mole stew?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Cool.

Cheers.

Curry on a Tuesday
  • Greenie said:

Redskin said:

Also at gigs, everyone is too busy filming it so they can look at it later, just enjoy the bloody gig atmosphere, its what you are there for.
    My bad ; )
  • Redskin said:

Were you listening to James O'Brien on LBC yesterday?
  • edited December 2015

Dazzler21 said:

Cool.

Cheers.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/crispy-tortillas-with-guacamole/#VOQrCwj48omiCpGL.97

Whackamole then Guacamole!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!