Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Oxford Street

I work there and it's always bad but now it is already impossible to move around at anytime after 9am

Great for tourism and retail but think of the workers !
  • Michael Owen's voice.
    Kill him
  • PL54 said:

Oxford Street

I work there and it's always bad but now it is already impossible to move around at anytime after 9am

Great for tourism and retail but think of the workers !

Ditto for Knightsbridge. I work directly opposite Harrods and the tourists are doing my head in. I have to get central line from Holborn and my tube home from work goes through tourist central - Knightsbridge , Hyde Park Corner , green park, pic circus, Leicester Square, and Covent Garden.
  • Hedgehogs.

Why can't they just share the hedge?
  • Hedgehogs.

Why can't they just share the hedge?

They're all just pricks.
  • People who, when you're not having a great day, say:
    "Cheer up! Might never happen!"

They've no idea whether you've got a splinter in your little finger or your mum's just died. But 'hey, I'm cheery so you have to be too!'

Fuck the fuck off.

Sorry. Bad day.

As bad as 'come on, get up and dance!'.

• Early kick offs
  • Greenie said:

Students at Brunel University walking out of a debate because Katie Hopkins turned up...

...but didn't when the uni invited an extremist Islamic cleric who advocates that gay men be thrown off buildings.

Everyone has their limits.
    Very good @Greenie that really made me chuckle
  • Sponsored links:

• Sitting down to watch Saturday Kitchen and Chris Evans being carted out as guest FFS!

I'm going out to make aa new gate
  • The phrase 'who's she, the cat's mother?' really annoys me, probably more than it should. I simply can't comprehend how someone can get so upset about the correct use of a pronoun
  • rina said:

The phrase 'who's she, the cat's mother?' really annoys me, probably more than it should. I simply can't comprehend how someone can get so upset about the correct use of a pronoun

It's not about the correct use of a pronoun, it's having the respect to call someone by their name.

• JaShea99 said:

rina said:

The phrase 'who's she, the cat's mother?' really annoys me, probably more than it should. I simply can't comprehend how someone can get so upset about the correct use of a pronoun

It's not about the correct use of a pronoun, it's having the respect to call someone by their name.

I imagine that's why Rina said 'correct use'. For example, it is perfectly polite to say 'I was talking to Amy and she thinks that etc.", it sounds absurd to say "I was talking to Amy and Amy thinks that it would be nice if Amy could bring along Amy's cousin to etc.", even if Amy is standing right there. Anyone who thinks that is rude really needs to get their head out of the clouds.
  • Fumbluff said:

You must have strong arms @PL54

I don't understand - please clarify
  • PL54 said:

Fumbluff said:

You must have strong arms @PL54

I don't understand - please clarify
    I think he's suggesting that your job on Oxford Street is holding up a golf sale sign. Banter.

They've no idea whether you've got a splinter in your little finger or your mum's just died. But 'hey, I'm cheery so you have to be too!'

Fuck the fuck off.

Sorry. Bad day.

Good one that.
    Over the years I've heard that so many times and wasn't remotely amusing the first.
    It always seems to be when you are concentrating at work on something more challenging then the Sun crossword. I suppose some wander around grinning like a fool.

Fuck the fuck off.

Sorry. Bad day.

Or when someone says, 'could be worse' or 'there's always someone else worse off'

Times I heard that when I hadn't left me flat for 2 month when I was bad
  • Sponsored links:

• Ridiculous penalty decisions such as the one seen at Anfield this afternoon.

Liverpool player smashes a ball into a Swansea player who is standing in the penalty area. He isn't even facing the Liverpool player and the ball strikes his arm. This all happens in the space of about 4 yards.

The referee deems this as 'deliberate handball'
  • Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

rina said:

I imagine that's why Rina said 'correct use'. For example, it is perfectly polite to say 'I was talking to Amy and she thinks that etc.", it sounds absurd to say "I was talking to Amy and Amy thinks that it would be nice if Amy could bring along Amy's cousin to etc.", even if Amy is standing right there. Anyone who thinks that is rude really needs to get their head out of the clouds.
    You totally missed the point, as many young people do these days with regard to politeness.
  • Riviera said:

Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

rina said:

You totally missed the point, as many young people do these days with regard to politeness.
    Please elaborate.

• P

People who, when you're not having a great day, say:

Fuck the fuck off.

Sorry. Bad day.

Jeez, cheer up mate! Might never happen.
  • "Everything happens for a reason, dear". For what reason have I been in and out of hospital for the last few months, having ecg's, blood tests and injections and various drugs then!
  • Vets............Trying to convince you they put the animals first, when the first words out of their mouths is...
    Are your dogs insured?
  • All Tipping Point

A/1 - Press the farkin release button when the draw is on the way back in, NOT ONCE IT GETS IN FFS.
    B/2 - When you're in the final, put the gold token in one of the END traps, this halves the chance of your token going into one of the neighbouring traps
    C/3 - Also in the final, if you ain't any good at a subject GO FOR THE HARDEST QUESTION FOR THE MAXIMUM 3 GOES, you're probably going to guess the answer anyway and seeing as it's multiple choice, you might as well go for 3!

FFS
  • T.C.E said:

Vets............Trying to convince you they put the animals first, when the first words out of their mouths is...
    Are your dogs insured?

Well my fiancee is a veterinary nurse and know she'd say otherwise
  • T.C.E said:

Vets............Trying to convince you they put the animals first, when the first words out of their mouths is...
    Are your dogs insured?

Well my fiancee is a veterinary nurse and know she'd say otherwise
    I've never known a veterinary nurse any different and not met one that didn't care. I have a fantastic vet back in London and one down here for emergency use/jabs etc. All bar none have fantastic nurses. Vet/owner of the first practice down here met my dogs for the first time and said " so this is Bailey and is he insured" I asked why that was relevant as I will pay the bill. No answer, so I left.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!