Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• LouisMend said:

The tinsel atop my computer screen at work drooping slightly so I cannot see the toolbars at the top of my excel spreadsheets.

@LouisMend Don't stop there mate, tell us more! Colour?
  • LouisMend said:

The tinsel atop my computer screen at work drooping slightly so I cannot see the toolbars at the top of my excel spreadsheets.

@LouisMend Don't stop there mate, tell us more! Colour?
    Black and White.

:-)
  • LouisMend said:

Further office woes - a couple of days ago someone came around with a card and a collection because one of the bosses has moved house. Not leaving the organisation or their birthday - moving bloody house!

Then I got a funny look for refusing to even sign the card, let alone donate. Because that was ridiculous!

Even my droopy tinsel isn't cheering me up.

"Dear [Boss]

Watch out for subsidence.

Louis xx"
  • IA said:

LouisMend said:

Further office woes - a couple of days ago someone came around with a card and a collection because one of the bosses has moved house. Not leaving the organisation or their birthday - moving bloody house!

Then I got a funny look for refusing to even sign the card, let alone donate. Because that was ridiculous!

"Dear [Boss]

Louis xx"
    A few people had put genuine long messages "I hope you and *insert whatever her pet dog's name is* have a wonderful life in your new house and we're so happy you've finally got the sale over the line blah blah blah blah.

I was really tempted just to put

"Yup. From Louis".
  • LouisMend said:

IA said:

LouisMend said:

"Dear [Boss]

Louis xx"
    A few people had put genuine long messages "I hope you and *insert whatever her pet dog's name is* have a wonderful life in your new house and we're so happy you've finally got the sale over the line blah blah blah blah.

"Yup. From Louis".
    More like to have been

"Congrats,

From Louis

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

• LouisMend said:

IA said:

LouisMend said:

"Dear [Boss]

Louis xx"

"Yup. From Louis".
    More like to have been

"Congrats,

From Louis

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Only you get that many kisses Joe.

Can add that as another thing that generally annoys me - accidentally texting someone kisses at the end of the text because you've been texting the other half at the same time, especially when there's a running joke about using a lot of kisses between the two of you which now just happens automatically on autocorrect.
  • Sorry just to clarify Joe isn't my other half.
  • LouisMend said:

You should have asked them to leave it with you then when they weren't there signed it with a nice message then using a different coloured pen drawn a huge cock and balls with the bosses name written really small loads of times as the pubes
  • Sponsored links:

• LouisMend said:

You should have asked them to leave it with you then when they weren't there signed it with a nice message then using a different coloured pen drawn a huge cock and balls with the bosses name written really small loads of times as the pubes
    I suspect you write from experience?
  • LouisMend said:

I suspect you write from experience?
    Sort of, it was a wedding book...
  • Bloody Christmas tree lights. Were working ok when I put them away last year.
  • Bloody Christmas tree lights. Were working ok when I put them away last year.

Lamps have probably gone if they've been on since then ; )
  • I'm sure the was a word in Douglas Adams' peerless "meaning of liff" for a person you've never heard of writing "best wishes" in your leaving card.

The annoying work thing I've got to do this year is the Christmas speech thanking and toasting the partners. It's supposed to include some hilarious parody where the partners replace characters from a book or film. Most years are eye-wateringly shit becuase the talentless sods at my office are to terrified of upsetting the partners. Not sure what to do. Do I a) do as I threatened and base my speech on the film Se7en (there's seven partners) b) mumble though something like celebrity come dancing and keep my job or c) turn the David Brent up to 11, crack loads of awful offensive jokes that only I find funny?
  • Fiiish said:

Parents - whatever you do, do not put your children on the phone to say 'Hi'. Your children are unable to have face-to-face conversations with adults so why on earth would you subject both your child and friend/relative to this ordeal.

Nail on the head there pal, my Mrs does it with our niece and nephew and also our friend's kids. I don't mind a quick 'hello' but she leaves us on the blower for about 5 minutes
  • As non coffee drinker, it's annoying when they tie the string on a tea bag round the mug handle at Costa and the like
  • The BBC and Sports Personality of the Year. What fucking right do they have to review the years sport when they hardly show any. Match of the day, Wibledon a bit of Snooker and that's it more or less. They let Golf, Cricket, The Six Nations and a load other sporst go, no Grandstand on Saturday or Sportsnight mid-week.

Talk about hypocrisy they don't show any sport but review it like they do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dogshite FA Cup draws
  • The BBC and Sports Personality of the Year. What fucking right do they have to review the years sport when they hardly show any. Match of the day, Wibledon a bit of Snooker and that's it more or less. They let Golf, Cricket, The Six Nations and a load other sporst go, no Grandstand on Saturday or Sportsnight mid-week.

They didn't let it go, they got outbid by a company that doesn't have to invest in loads of money in other things.
  • Bad back striking yet again.
  • 3 quarters of the office fucking off dead on 5 every night, whist others seem to be working their bollocks off all the time. In other words shit distribution of workload.
  • 14 people dropping out of our sports and social trip to Bruges on Sat cos of an irrational bloody fear.
  • Fumbluff said:

Getting called a killjoy for not joining in with bloody secret Santa at work.

I just put a box of tampons in for mine, I figure it's a better than 50/50 chance they'll be appreciated...
    Hope you wrote "To help you through the festive period" on the box
    Ka-ching...

It's just so they have something to do with Sue Barker outside of Wimbledon
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!