Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• McBobbin said:

The showers at work. They have no ventilation so not only do they hum to the stench of a hundred wet towels and trainers discarded on the lockers and radiator, they steam up quicker than Stan Collymore's car. Therefore drying yourself is an impossibility as you sweat faster than you can dry it, making each item of clothing stick to you and in the case of shirts go invisible... Add to the fact there is nowhere to sit, making it virtually impossible for a fat bastard like me to put on socks... I'm stood one footed on a towel, sliding about like an all-flamingo adaptation of gorillas in the mist, cocking my leg up like the flautist from Jethro Tull and falling over onto a load of smeggy wet clothes... Before arriving at work looking like I'd been shipwrecked.

Get a shower put in at home mate... :wink:
  • edited December 2015
    It's my job to put the rubbish out in my house and every so often my dearly beloved will hide a bag of rubbish somewhere completely illogical rather than put it with the rest.

I duly do the job only to be confronted by her standing there on my return from work with a bag of rubbish saying "why didn't you put this out?"

Leave it with the rest rather than hiding it if you want it to go!!
  • LenGlover said:

It's my job to put the rubbish out in my house and every so often my dearly beloved will hide a bag of rubbish somewhere completely illogical rather than put it with the rest.

I duly do the job only to be confronted by her standing there on my return from work with a bag of rubbing saying "why didn't you put this out?"

Leave it with the rest rather than hiding it if you want it to go!!

Just chuck her in the bag and say... Out you go then!!

• P

People who, when you're not having a great day, say:
    "Cheer up! Might never happen!"

They've no idea whether you've got a splinter in your little finger or your mum's just died. But 'hey, I'm cheery so you have to be too!'

Fuck the fuck off.

Sorry. Bad day.

Jeez, cheer up mate! Might never happen.
    Fuck the fuck off.

:wink:
  • "You'll feel a little scratch"
    Why do doctors and nurses say that - are they afraid of the word prick?
    Cos it ain't a scratch is it?
  • "You'll feel a little scratch"
    Why do doctors and nurses say that - are they afraid of the word prick?
    Cos it ain't a scratch is it?

The words... "You'll notice a little prick" are reserved for just before Roland does an interview
  • that awful lady c
  • The great pottery throw down on bbc 2. What the hell is going on here. Have the BBC off the back of the Great British Bake Off gone Middle England reality/competition TV mad?????

The best thing about it, is that it's being hosted by Sara Cox (her of northern madchester DJ scene) who 20 years ago was on Channel 's the girlie show, calling Eamon Holmes the wanker of the week?

This is ridiculous. On so may levels. Now she's 40 she's suddenly thrust into the conservative heartland of middle england on a tv competition show where the BBC really does demonstrate bland tv at its best.

I've got some other ideas for the BBC

'Competent savings, investments and ISA showdowns.' Smug, well off English people review and compare their portfolios and financial wealth.

Church Bell Ringing with Ian McKellan. Ian hosts a nationwide show where bell ringers around the country compete for a chance to ring the bells of Westminster Cathedral at an event attended by the Queen

How do you take your tea? Jeffrey Archer tours the tea houses of Britain asking local residents how they take their tea. That's it, nothing more.

Extreme orchards with Bill Nighy. Bill pits the owners of british apple orchards against one another in a competition to make the most pressed glass of apple juice.
  • cabbles said:

The great pottery throw down on bbc 2. What the hell is going on here. Have the BBC off the back of the Great British Bake Off gone Middle England reality/competition TV mad?????

The best thing about it, is that it's being hosted by Sara Cox (her of northern madchester DJ scene) who 20 years ago was on Channel 's the girlie show, calling Eamon Holmes the wanker of the week?

This is ridiculous. On so may levels. Now she's 40 she's suddenly thrust into the conservative heartland of middle england on a tv competition show where the BBC really does demonstrate bland tv at its best.

'Competent savings, investments and ISA showdowns.' Smug, well off English people review and compare their portfolios and financial wealth.

Church Bell Ringing with Ian McKellan. Ian hosts a nationwide show where bell ringers around the country compete for a chance to ring the bells of Westminster Cathedral at an event attended by the Queen

How do you take your tea? Jeffrey Archer tours the tea houses of Britain asking local residents how they take their tea. That's it, nothing more.

Extreme orchards with Bill Nighy. Bill pits the owners of british apple orchards against one another in a competition to make the most pressed glass of apple juice.

Its the same with other programmes... You had the Great BBQ Bake Off on ITV or another channel, whenever one programme does well with a format, every other channel has to create their own type of version!!
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

The great pottery throw down on bbc 2. What the hell is going on here. Have the BBC off the back of the Great British Bake Off gone Middle England reality/competition TV mad?????

Its the same with other programmes... You had the Great BBQ Bake Off on ITV or another channel, whenever one programme does well with a format, every other channel has to create their own type of version!!
    It needs to stop. I don't watch much tv, when I do and see all this, my heart sinks
  • Cannot stand Sara Cox
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

It needs to stop. I don't watch much tv, when I do and see all this, my heart sinks
    Even with other programmes like Top Gear v 5th Gear or The Voice v X Factor.

The only ones I understand are when its Sky v Terrestrial TV as some people don't have Sky so programmes like Last Kingdom v Game of Thrones or Soccer Saturday v Final Score are fair enough (Its only Garth Crooks on the latter thats the exception)
  • Riviera said:

People who set themselves up as "artisan" "organic" or other types of trendy produce terms for normal food. Was in Borough Market yesterday and needed some lamb chops, saw a butcher's stall and asked for 6 lamb chops, they looked decent but nothing special and NOT particularly big, the bloke with the ponytail and long beard wrapped them up for me and asked for £23.49. TWENTY THREE POUNDS!!!!! FOR 6 LAMB CHOPS!! That's more than a leg of lamb in my butchers and he isn't cheap. So I told where he could stick his lamb chops!

or 'micropub'
  • IAIA
    edited December 2015
    cabbles said:

That pottery programme is really strange. I have no idea what's going on, but I think I like it. Especially when the bloke judge cries because the pottery is so good.

I like your idea about the savings & investments show. One suggestion: there has to be some random person from Orkney or Oban who has two low-interest savings accounts and randomly gets through the first three or four rounds because someone else has put all their money in a Ponzi scheme or something.
  • edited December 2015
    cabbles said:

Even as a fan of the BBC, I make you right. I guess they are trying to appeal to the Daily Mail readers who buy a newspaper with articles on clothes, houses and holidays they can never afford?

They didn't come up with pro celebrity sheep hearding, in their (thin) defence... :wink:
  • Taking the day off work so I can be home for a delivery (18 rolls of loft insulation) and of course it doesn't arrive!!!##?!!
  • Those fence/mural things that builders put up around their work so you can't watch them leaning on their shovels. If they are putting up another monstrous carbuncle in my neighbourhood, I want to be able to watch them doing it.

Over-bright electric-blue xmas lights. Those aren't the colours of our Winterval. Lights should be white, red or green or possibly a tasteful multi coloured set. They shouldn't look like you've got flash-blindness from staring at a laser show.
  • I despise the phrase, ‘Doing nothing, is not an option’, because it clearly is an option and invariably it is the best option.
  • People who refer to forward planning. As opposed to backward planning, perhaps?
  • Sponsored links:

• I despise the phrase, ‘Doing nothing, is not an option’, because it clearly is an option and invariably it is the best option.

Clearly a fellow fan of Deserter... :smiley:
  • American sports on a football forum.

Kershaw - the guy is not human.

Kershaw - the guy is not human.
    Andy or Nik?

Now now Pres.
    If you're going to object to a sport being discussed on a football forum, the sport in question is the only thing to consider, not the nation in which it is played.
    If you objected to ANY sport other than football being discussed, you might have a point, but what would we do without your valued cricket input?
    :smile:
  • edited December 2015
    Last night someone pulled out onto a dual carriageway straight into the fast lane in front of me. I nearly died. That annoyed me.
  • LouisMend said:

The tinsel atop my computer screen at work drooping slightly so I cannot see the toolbars at the top of my excel spreadsheets.

Anyone see anything annoying about this post. ;o)
  • Greenie said:

LouisMend said:

The tinsel atop my computer screen at work drooping slightly so I cannot see the toolbars at the top of my excel spreadsheets.

Anyone see anything annoying about this post. ;o)
    Work?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!