Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• MrOneLung said:

Food Nazis who try to tell me how I should like my steak to be cooked.

blue.
  • I had a pretty standard pie recently that was hand-reared lamb with mint in a hand crafted pastry with specially prepared hand cut fries. Thank goodness, they didn't use their feet.

It's the hand tossed salad you really want to steer clear of.
  • MrOneLung said:

Food Nazis who try to tell me how I should like my steak to be cooked.

Gas.
  • I hate it when I get punctuation wrong, especially whilst correcting others.
  • Pretentious food descriptions.

'Shropshire Ham and whole grain mustard' crisps and the.like. So ham and mustard then?

I had a 'hand wrapped' samosa at lunch. I don't care how it's wrapped - if anything that makes it worse as Fred in the factory might not have washed his hands.

Great shout. You can thank M&S and their pissing adverts trying to ram middle England down our throats. It's snowballed since then. Every food establishment has now gone out of their way to add as many words before the actual food now as possible.

Pathetic
  • BBC London News reporters
  • The kid on our flight home this afternoon.
  • Rustly popcorn wankers in the cinema
  • Sponsored links:

You really hate children don't you AA

I know, how comes he got to go in the cockpit?!
  • Bobbie Pryor

Sorry to all parents on here.

I don't have kids, but this is something that really bugs me:

Parents with children in a public space (restaurant, train, flight etc) who spend the entire time telling the child what not to do.

I don't mind noisy children, rowdy children, jumping and running around, whatever - that's what kids do.

But it really grates on me to have to listen to an hour or more of "stop that", "don't do that", "sit down", "be quiet", "stop making noise" etc.
  • <

IdleHans said:

Rustly popcorn wankers in the cinema

Is that when they cut a hole in the bottom of the carton?
    Is this the same as a packet of crisps with a little blue sachet of salt in them?
    I think the term is salt 'n' shake.
  • IA said:

The kid on our flight home this afternoon.

Parents with children in a public space (restaurant, train, flight etc) who spend the entire time telling the child what not to do.

I don't mind noisy children, rowdy children, jumping and running around, whatever - that's what kids do.

But it really grates on me to have to listen to an hour or more of "stop that", "don't do that", "sit down", "be quiet", "stop making noise" etc.
    Really???
    So it would be better if the little Angels just ran riot?
    Parents can't win can they!
  • Greenie said:

IA said:

Really???
    If the other option is listening to an adult shouting "don't do that" etc over and over for an hour, then yes.
  • edited November 2015
    IA said:

Greenie said:

IA said:

Really???
    If the other option is listening to an adult shouting "don't do that" etc over and over for an hour, then yes.
    Er, I somehow think your opinion might change if you did have to keep control of a youngster(s)and of course if you don't check them they become a law unto themselves. Most of my generation would have been given a clip for misbehaving but that is not allowed these days so reasoning and withdrawing privileges is the way to go now and quite rightly so which means more verbals; like it or lump it I'm afraid.
  • RedChaser said:

IA said:

Greenie said:

IA said:

Really???
    Er, I somehow think your opinion might change if you did have to keep control of a youngster(s)and of course if you don't check them they become a law unto themselves. Most of my generation would have been given a clip for misbehaving but that is not allowed these days so reasoning and withdrawing privileges is the way to go now and quite rightly so which means more verbals; like it or lump it I'm afraid.
    Think you've got the wrong end of the stick here.

Shouting "DON'T DO THAT", "SIT DOWN" etc is not "reasoning" - it's ordering. I have no problem with parents calmly reasoning with kids to settle them down, or finding activities to distract them so they're not misbehaving. Or actually withdrawing privileges (seems more common to make empty threats about withdrawing privileges). Or a one-off order to stay quiet or whatever. But please stop repeatedly shouting orders at them in public spaces. Even worse if they're too young to actually understand.
  • IA said:

RedChaser said:

IA said:

Greenie said:

IA said:

Really???

Shouting "DON'T DO THAT", "SIT DOWN" etc is not "reasoning" - it's ordering. I have no problem with parents calmly reasoning with kids to settle them down, or finding activities to distract them so they're not misbehaving. Or actually withdrawing privileges (seems more common to make empty threats about withdrawing privileges). Or a one-off order to stay quiet or whatever. But please stop repeatedly shouting orders at them in public spaces. Even worse if they're too young to actually understand.
    If you ever have or want kids, you'll find that reasoning wears thin really quickly and embarrassment sets in when your child is acting up in public. Ive been guilty of it myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• IA said:

RedChaser said:

IA said:

Greenie said:

IA said:

Really???

If you ever have or want kids, you'll find that reasoning wears thin really quickly and embarrassment sets in when your child is acting up in public. Ive been guilty of it myself.
    Acting up in public?
  • edited November 2015

IA said:

RedChaser said:

IA said:

Greenie said:

IA said:

Really???

This.
    It's in the nature of a child to push the boundaries and/or to just act spontaneously and sometimes inappropriately until they are taught the correct behaviour.
    Any parent will vouch that it's a 24/7 full-on job and we all I'm sure have become frustrated or lost patience occasionally.
    Of course some parents are lazy and unsuited to parenthood and would rather shout than reason at all.
    Easy to be critical if you are not a parent, but as all parents know it's a demanding job and sometimes tiredness etc affects your judgement.
  • If only we were all programmed the same, the world be such a dull place :wink:
  • IA said:

RedChaser said:

IA said:

Greenie said:

IA said:

Really???

It's the embarrassed overreaction that bugs me. Generally, I don't think there's anything to be embarrassed about. That's what kids are like, especially when they're stuck somewhere boring. I find it easier to listen to noisy children than noisier parents shouting over them.
  • edited November 2015
    I'm at the Twickenham double header Saturday as I got offered a lift and free ticket... forgetting CAFC were on Sky.

Therefore going to miss the Charlton game even though it's on Sky...
  • Anybody that watches rugby over football. Simply no excuse.

This...a lot! They're not really football fans.
  • IA said:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!