Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• PL54 said:

Everyone turning their Facebook into the French colour and assuming some kind of moral and sensitive superiority for doing so, when in reality, despite the good intentions of some, they are merely following the latest trend and most will go back to not giving a monkeys about what happened and the underlying causes going forward.

I'm probably alone with this one.

I find it odd

Also the adaptation of the old CND logo
    And I don't find it at all odd that you find it odd... funny that.
  • PL54 said:

Everyone turning their Facebook into the French colour and assuming some kind of moral and sensitive superiority for doing so, when in reality, despite the good intentions of some, they are merely following the latest trend and most will go back to not giving a monkeys about what happened and the underlying causes going forward.

I find it odd

Also the adaptation of the old CND logo
    And I don't find it at all odd that you find it odd... funny that.
    And I don't care
  • Everyone turning their Facebook into the French colour and assuming some kind of moral and sensitive superiority for doing so, when in reality, despite the good intentions of some, they are merely following the latest trend and most will go back to not giving a monkeys about what happened and the underlying causes going forward.

It's not a moral sign or anything like thaat, it is just a show of respect to the innocents killed.

I was just making up a french flag meme (not a funny one) when facebook asked did I want to show my respect...

Yes was my answer and so that is what I did.

• Dazzler21 said:

It's not a moral sign or anything like thaat, it is just a show of respect to the innocents killed.

I was just making up a french flag meme (not a funny one) when facebook asked did I want to show my respect...

But not on here though?
  • PL54 said:

Dazzler21 said:

But not on here though?

noe, sadly use FB more than here these days... this place didn't cross my mind at the time I was generating the meme or when I logged onto Facebook.
  • iaitch said:

Its the same on all sports, the ex players never missed a goal, failed to save a shot, dropped a catch, played a bad shot etc etc.

And things were also better when they played the game.

Didn't Bruce Grobelaar miss a goal, fail to save a shot, drop catch and play a bad shot?
  • Too all you cat haters!!

• is he filing the pads? Getting rid of pad prints....
  • Curb_It said:

People that suddenly appear in close proximity when I'm talking to myself

I'm getting worse with that.

But more worryingly on the train home the other day someone's phone was making terrible bleeps and I thought to myself "what the f**k is that?" and strangely enough the bloke sat next to me answered my question.

I apologised for thinking out loud ...

More information needed. Was bloke who answered you also the owner of the phone?
  • No. Obviously been bugging him too as he gave a very sincere answer about it being an old Nokia. The woman was a row away so didn't hear, thankfully as I would have been mortified as she was an elder lady, maybe a bit hard of hearing. got to try and be less of a grumpy old woman.

• Sponsored links:

• @daveaddick @IA

Cheers, will look into
  • Curb_It said:

No. Obviously been bugging him too as he gave a very sincere answer about it being an old Nokia. The woman was a row away so didn't hear, thankfully as I would have been mortified as she was an elder lady, maybe a bit hard of hearing. got to try and be less of a grumpy old woman.

Could have been worse. Might have been sat opposite a fit young guy and thought "he'd get it"
  • That needs more than just a click of an LOL.

Imagine though...
  • Greenie said:

Cats are poxy animals

This. A lot!
    Ridiculous animals, cats are owned by people who want a pet but dont really want to look after them.
    Bin day is Wednesday for us, the black sacks go out at about 7pm, 7.15 there is some flea ridden moggie tearing them open, shit everywhere, if that was my dog, my neighbours would be knocking on my door to complain, but because its a cat....its accepted. Just waiting for the bugger to get in my garden, me and my .22 silenced hi powered rifle will be waiting.
    Cats? Yep I love the furry bundles of fun.
    I got home from work tuesday when was a knock on the door, an elderly neighbour was standing there and she told me her cat likes to lay under warm cars. I'd popped out to get some petrol last friday and returned home to collect the dogs to take them to the fields. Checking the front of the house for passersby I released three very excited German Shepherds out the front door not knowing the cat had taken its place under the car. The lady told me the cat passed her daughters car at speed as they were leaving for the shops and didn't come back until Monday afternoon. I tried not to laugh when she said, I didn't think Bailey was like that. But I know now why you told me JJ can be a bit of a RatBag.
  • T.C.E said:

Greenie said:

Cats are poxy animals

This. A lot!
    Ridiculous animals, cats are owned by people who want a pet but dont really want to look after them.
    Bin day is Wednesday for us, the black sacks go out at about 7pm, 7.15 there is some flea ridden moggie tearing them open, shit everywhere, if that was my dog, my neighbours would be knocking on my door to complain, but because its a cat....its accepted. Just waiting for the bugger to get in my garden, me and my .22 silenced hi powered rifle will be waiting.
    Cats? Yep I love the furry bundles of fun.
    I got home from work tuesday when was a knock on the door, an elderly neighbour was standing there and she told me her cat likes to lay under warm cars. I'd popped out to get some petrol last friday and returned home to collect the dogs to take them to the fields. Checking the front of the house for passersby I released three very excited German Shepherds out the front door not knowing the cat had taken its place under the car. The lady told me the cat passed her daughters car at speed as they were leaving for the shops and didn't come back until Monday afternoon. I tried not to laugh when she said, I didn't think Bailey was like that. But I know now why you told me JJ can be a bit of a RatBag.
    Ray, next door's house is up for sale if you're interested mate.
  • That McDonald's advert where 'experts' dispel common myths about their food. I enjoy McDonald's and never get involved in the 'pink slime' nonsense, but it's so cringey. It reminds me of that Mr Burns nuclear power video in The Simpsons.
  • Southeastern delay reclaim. If I am delayed by 40 minutes to my connecting station, thus making me miss 2 trains, that makes me an hour late. If the 2nd train is then delayed I more than 60 minutes late so should get a full refund.

So they send me a voucher for a 30-60 minute delay. They are such thieving, insufferable, inept, contemptible bastards.
  • edited November 2015

People who find cats annoying.

Cats are ace.

Cats aren't annoying. I like all animals.
    But why are cats allow to roam, not only by their owners who will tell you they are very fond of their animal. But also so legally?
    Also, if a cat comes home with a mouse in its mouse, it's nature. If a dog comes home with a cat in its mouth the response is different.
    Not really annoying, more puzzling. ;)

• Dazzler21 said:

is he filing the pads? Getting rid of pad prints....

Do you think it might be a cat burglar then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Grammar police such arse oles and stuck up their own!
  • I am annoyed by couples around me who call each other Babe. Firstly it is a form of endearment that is just silly and secondly I invariably start to reply to it because I think they’ve said Dave. (Most odd when you consider that my name is Raith).

Feel for you hun
    U ok hun? Sending hugs xxx
  • I am annoyed by couples around me who call each other Babe. Firstly it is a form of endearment that is just silly and secondly I invariably start to reply to it because I think they’ve said Dave. (Most odd when you consider that my name is Raith).

So Raith ain't you real name then, Dave?

; )
  • Agree though and when i hear or see the word 'bubs', it makes me feel physically sick
  • Some regular visitors/friends from the UK said if we were booking our (and their) favourite restaurant for NYE, would we book for them to join us too. In September I mentioned it to the owner, Sergio, and believe it or not they were already booked up, but because we are old pals he said he would find a way to prize the two of us in. As we had said we would go with our friends, and didn't want to do an "I'm alright Jack" we reluctantly declined. We have since made arrangements - although not booked yet, as the restaurant in question have still not got their shit together - to go elsewhere, along with the couple mentioned and 10 others. Yesterday I got a message from the friends saying the Sergio has called and said they have two cancellations - Sergio obviously not realising that these were the two friends that we didn't want to let down... It's too late for us to pull out of the second "booking" as all the others are expecting us to be there now, so we end up missing out on the night out we really wanted, and the couple we sacrificed it for are going. No-ones fault, but bloody annoying all the same...
  • Some regular visitors/friends from the UK said if we were booking our (and their) favourite restaurant for NYE, would we book for them to join us too. In September I mentioned it to the owner, Sergio, and believe it or not they were already booked up, but because we are old pals he said he would find a way to prize the two of us in. As we had said we would go with our friends, and didn't want to do an "I'm alright Jack" we reluctantly declined. We have since made arrangements - although not booked yet, as the restaurant in question have still not got their shit together - to go elsewhere, along with the couple mentioned and 10 others. Yesterday I got a message from the friends saying the Sergio has called and said they have two cancellations - Sergio obviously not realising that these were the two friends that we didn't want to let down... It's too late for us to pull out of the second "booking" as all the others are expecting us to be there now, so we end up missing out on the night out we really wanted, and the couple we sacrificed it for are going. No-ones fault, but bloody annoying all the same...

Shouldn't your friends also politely decline? You say it's nobody's fault, but the way you describe it sounds like your friends are being a bit selfish?

Shouldn't your friends also politely decline? You say it's nobody's fault, but the way you describe it sounds like your friends are being a bit selfish?
    exactly ... and why have you never taken me to that restaurant P? :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!