Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Cats are poxy animals
  • Cloth handkerchiefs that old men use to blow their noses and then put back in their pockets. It is a disgusting habit.
  • edited November 2015
    Coffee shop staff who make no attempt to avoid putting their hands and fingers on the part of the lid that you will be putting into your mouth when putting the lid on.
  • edited November 2015

Coffee shop staff who make no attempt to avoid putting their hands and fingers on the part of the lid that you will be putting into your mouth when putting the on.

Lid

People that correct other people's posts due to some minor mistake or omissions.

• Hipster beards. Feck off back to the Edwardian era.
  • Coffee shop staff who make no attempt to avoid putting their hands and fingers on the part of the lid that you will be putting into your mouth when putting the lid on.

Bit like the geezer in the chippie who licks his finger before getting a bit of paper to wrap your fish and chips up in
  • Coffee shop staff who make no attempt to avoid putting their hands and fingers on the part of the lid that you will be putting into your mouth when putting the on.

Lid

People that correct other people's posts due to some minor mistake or omissions.

Especially when they pick it up within seconds whilst you are still proof reading the post not had the chance to edit the post!
  • Coffee shop staff who make no attempt to avoid putting their hands and fingers on the part of the lid that you will be putting into your mouth when putting the on.

Lid

Especially when they pick it up within seconds whilst you are still proof reading the post not had the chance to edit the post!
    Specially
  • People that hit the "post comment" button before having proof read their post.
  • Sponsored links:

• People that hit the "post comment" button before having proof read their post.

Post Comment
  • Cloth handkerchiefs that old men use to blow their noses and then put back in their pockets. It is a disgusting habit.

Ah, I'm ok then. I put it into someone else's pocket. ;)

• edited November 2015
    Animal, in my case Dog insurance.
    Our dogs insurance is now a thousand pound a year dearer than my house and car combined and that's without their liability insurance for working with the Upbeats etc
  • T.C.E said:

Cloth handkerchiefs that old men use to blow their noses and then put back in their pockets. It is a disgusting habit.

Ah, I'm ok then. I put it into someone else's pocket. ;)

That's really tickled me
  • Cats. Managed to get talked into getting 2 of the feckers. Working from home today and was planning to cook a nice roast dinner for the family. They brought a mouse in and I spent all afternoon trying to catch it. All the appliances had to come out along with the plinths. Managed to get it after 3 hours of trying. I didn't have the heart to kill it, stunned it and put it done the garden, where I'm sure the cats caught it anyway. Went to put everything back and the dishwasher inlet hose split and I managed to shatter the glass front door to the oven.

Upside is we got a takeaway Indian on the way back from B&Q for a new hose, downside probably looking at £200 for a new door.

Oh, and my daughter managed to spill Ribena all over the popadums at the table.

Are you sure you're not Frank Spencer?
    Don't laugh, found out that the door is no longer available. Bloody oven is only 6 years old, now looking at a new one. F*****g marvellous.
  • My fridge freezer. How we rejoiced when we moved into a house where the owner had left a top end range oven and side by side fridge freezer. The oven goes first... A grand to replace... Now the fridge freezer. Can't possibly go back to a normal one. It would be as if I'd failed.

Thats Christmas cancelled then. I shall go upstairs and inform the children.
  • McBobbin said:

My fridge freezer. How we rejoiced when we moved into a house where the owner had left a top end range oven and side by side fridge freezer. The oven goes first... A grand to replace... Now the fridge freezer. Can't possibly go back to a normal one. It would be as if I'd failed.

Am I you?

Oven went a couple of months ago and had to replace. Fridge freezer went last week. Only had it less than two years as the previous went just before Xmas as well. Only had 1yr guarantee on as well
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

My fridge freezer. How we rejoiced when we moved into a house where the owner had left a top end range oven and side by side fridge freezer. The oven goes first... A grand to replace... Now the fridge freezer. Can't possibly go back to a normal one. It would be as if I'd failed.

Am I you?

Oven went a couple of months ago and had to replace. Fridge freezer went last week. Only had it less than two years as the previous went just before Xmas as well. Only had 1yr guarantee on as well
    I managed to beat the fecker into life, but I'll still see if it can be fixed properly.

Had a similar situation to DaveMehmet with a cat and mouse. Locked the two in the kitchen Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome style and left them to sort it out
  • Cats. Managed to get talked into getting 2 of the feckers. Working from home today and was planning to cook a nice roast dinner for the family. They brought a mouse in and I spent all afternoon trying to catch it. All the appliances had to come out along with the plinths. Managed to get it after 3 hours of trying. I didn't have the heart to kill it, stunned it and put it done the garden, where I'm sure the cats caught it anyway. Went to put everything back and the dishwasher inlet hose split and I managed to shatter the glass front door to the oven.

Upside is we got a takeaway Indian on the way back from B&Q for a new hose, downside probably looking at £200 for a new door.

Don't laugh, found out that the door is no longer available. Bloody oven is only 6 years old, now looking at a new one. F*****g marvellous.
    Some good deals on AO.com

I got one for sale if you're interested
  • AFKA said:

Am I you?

Not sure if I am 100% correct here AFKA but you should be protected under the consumer protection act under what is known as "Reasonable working life" and less than two years certainly isn't that. It may be worthwhile checking out with The Citizens Advice Bureau. I had a similar issue with a 14 month old dishwasher (also out of guarentee) and when I spoke with Zanussi and mentioned the working life thing they did relent and send an engineer round who fixed it FOC so may be worth a try.
  • McBobbin said:

Am I you?

2 year warranty under EU rules

Apparently the Sale of Goods Act is better than that, but I can't find a link.
  • Cats are poxy animals

This. A lot!
    Ridiculous animals, cats are owned by people who want a pet but dont really want to look after them.
    Bin day is Wednesday for us, the black sacks go out at about 7pm, 7.15 there is some flea ridden moggie tearing them open, shit everywhere, if that was my dog, my neighbours would be knocking on my door to complain, but because its a cat....its accepted. Just waiting for the bugger to get in my garden, me and my .22 silenced hi powered rifle will be waiting.
    Cats? Yep I love the furry bundles of fun.
  • Greenie said:

Cats are poxy animals

This. A lot!
    Ridiculous animals, cats are owned by people who want a pet but dont really want to look after them.
    Bin day is Wednesday for us, the black sacks go out at about 7pm, 7.15 there is some flea ridden moggie tearing them open, shit everywhere, if that was my dog, my neighbours would be knocking on my door to complain, but because its a cat....its accepted. Just waiting for the bugger to get in my garden, me and my .22 silenced hi powered rifle will be waiting.
    Cats? Yep I love the furry bundles of fun.
    Lets face it, the only common domestic pet that takes more looking after than a cat is a dog.
  • Cats are really stupid animals, but when people anthropomorphise them their stupidity becomes "independence".
  • IA said:

Cats are really stupid animals, but when people anthropomorphise them their stupidity becomes "independence".

Cruel bastards!

:wink:

• Everyone turning their Facebook into the French colour and assuming some kind of moral and sensitive superiority for doing so, when in reality, despite the good intentions of some, they are merely following the latest trend and most will go back to not giving a monkeys about what happened and the underlying causes going forward.

I'm probably alone with this one.

I find it odd

Also the adaptation of the old CND logo
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!