Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Buying a bottle of coke at a football ground and not being allowed to keep the bottle top. I'm a responsible adult, I'm not going to throw the plastic bottle top onto the pitch. Besides, if I was that sort of person, I have a pocket full of change that would do a lot more damage than a poxy plastic bottle top!
  • Stig's was funnier.
  • slipping on a drain cover and going arse over tit in the pissing rain at 6 am on the way to the station!

On the plus side, you must have made at least one person smile.
  • probably quite a few mate!

• MrOneLung said:

People in the street who empty the contents of their nose by closing one nostril with their finger and snorting out the contents from their other nostril.
    One of the stewards outside the chip shop decided to do this last night in front of everyone without a thought of people near him or people eating food.
    Get a tissue next time you disgusting pig.

What annoys me more is that I can't actually do it.

I just get a string of coagulated snot clinging to my chin.
    what a beautiful image :smile:
  • Buying a bottle of coke at a football ground and not being allowed to keep the bottle top. I'm a responsible adult, I'm not going to throw the plastic bottle top onto the pitch. Besides, if I was that sort of person, I have a pocket full of change that would do a lot more damage than a poxy plastic bottle top!

They're not consistent about taking bottles in. At some grounds you can't take any bottles in. At others (eg Turf Moor), you can only take it in if you haven't opened it already.
  • IA said:

Buying a bottle of coke at a football ground and not being allowed to keep the bottle top. I'm a responsible adult, I'm not going to throw the plastic bottle top onto the pitch. Besides, if I was that sort of person, I have a pocket full of change that would do a lot more damage than a poxy plastic bottle top!

They're not consistent about taking bottles in. At some grounds you can't take any bottles in. At others (eg Turf Moor), you can only take it in if you haven't opened it already.
    and some then remove the lid of the bottle you can only take in if it isn't open

Take a lid in, I used to now and again if I remembered to keep one off a drink I'd had on the train on the way.
  • Sponsored links:

If you are being serious, (surely you're not ?).

It's not to stop you throwing a bottle top. It's to stop you putting the lid on and throwing a full up bottle.

Please don't tell me I've been whooshed again ?

If you are being serious, (surely you're not ?).

It's not to stop you throwing a bottle top. It's to stop you putting the lid on and throwing a full up bottle.

Please don't tell me I've been whooshed again ?
    Whoooooooooooosh.

Sorry. :-)
  • People in the street who empty the contents of their nose by closing one nostril with their finger and snorting out the contents from their other nostril.
    One of the stewards outside the chip shop decided to do this last night in front of everyone without a thought of people near him or people eating food.
    Get a tissue next time you disgusting pig.

Stewards outside a chip shop? There's no one to marshal the crowds where I live its just first come first serve.
  • Builders who take over the roads and pathways. They create temporary pathways for the general public and still end up using it or blocking it up half the time as well
  • Wedding bored (still)
  • Chest infections that won't shift, followed by people suggesting I get some antibiotics. And what, pray, might they do agaisnt a virus?
  • The justeat advert where the bloke wants a balti and mushroom fried rice. I made sure to use hungry house to get my curry on tuesday night
  • Sponsored links:

• adsads
    edited October 2015

T.C.E said:

Car dealers that ask you if you are prepared to walk away from a deal for the sake of 50 quid on a 20k car and then spend every evening for the next two weeks phoning me telling me that, due to the constant changing of the market in nearly new cars they are prepared to sell it to me at my suggested price. Too late matey, you called my bluff and lost.

I played hardball when I bought my Rover 216 in 1993.

My final offer was refused. I knew what to do. I stood. I walked to the door … looked back, the salesman returned my stare. I capitulated.

Humiliation was included in the price.
    Rover 216? Was it the sought after fanny magnet 1.2 model with check seats and cassette player? Scrotes favourite
  • ads said:

T.C.E said:

Car dealers that ask you if you are prepared to walk away from a deal for the sake of 50 quid on a 20k car and then spend every evening for the next two weeks phoning me telling me that, due to the constant changing of the market in nearly new cars they are prepared to sell it to me at my suggested price. Too late matey, you called my bluff and lost.

My final offer was refused. I knew what to do. I stood. I walked to the door … looked back, the salesman returned my stare. I capitulated.

Rover 216? Was it the sought after fanny magnet 1.2 model with check seats and cassette player? Scrotes favourite
    Fanny magnet? What woman could resist the very smart red and grey livery, the multi point fuel injected 1.6 litre Honda engine, nice seats and a cassette player that only played music from the 70s. It was fantastic on the straight and once you taught the passengers to lean the right way (ala motor bike style) it was pretty good on corners too! I tell ya mate, if it wasn’t for the three kids taking up permanent residency in there I’d have pulled a page three stunner.
  • adsads
    edited October 2015

ads said:

T.C.E said:

Fanny magnet? What woman could resist the very smart red and grey livery, the multi point fuel injected 1.6 litre Honda engine, nice seats and a cassette player that only played music from the 70s. It was fantastic on the straight and once you taught the passengers to lean the right way (ala motor bike style) it was pretty good on corners too! I tell ya mate, if it wasn’t for the three kids taking up permanent residency in there I’d have pulled a page three stunner.
    Olive from On The Buses?
  • ads said:

ads said:

T.C.E said:

Olive from On The Buses?
    He said page three, not three page.
  • ads said:

T.C.E said:

ads said:

T.C.E said:

The revvy Honda D-Series engine. Absolute dream machine. Bet your life has been downhill since you let that bad boy go.
  • Stig said:

Stig said:

When a private joke runs thin, but the other person doesn't realise and keeps on going.

That bloody Appleton picture is probably the best example of this. Please stop.
    4125864-0107941308972100549-1962749_478x359
  • Stig said:

Stig said:

When a private joke runs thin, but the other person doesn't realise and keeps on going.

That bloody Appleton picture is probably the best example of this. Please stop.
    Move on.
  • Powell should have waited. He'd have liked this thread
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!