Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• T.C.E said:

People who are selfish over things they don't use/need - our car park spaces work often full by the time I get in (late shift), the company next to ours has far more than they need to the point that their staff have the middle space of three and nothing either side of them every day.

I often use one of their unused spaces, and the fuss they've started kicking up about myself and a couple of others parking in what would otherwise be completely unused spaces is ridiculous.

It's the equivalent of a three year old not letting anyone else play with a toy he doesn't even like anymore just because it's his toy.

That reminds me of when I came home early to find a neighbours visitor parked on our drive, I simply blocked him in and went back out on foot. Returning a couple hours later to find him waiting neither of us spoke and I moved my car. It never happened again ;)
    Your wife was satisfied either way ;)
  • Film crews who for some bizarre reason are allowed to close roads and shut loads of parking bays, as they did in Blackheath Village today, causing utter chaos. Why is it that these jumped up luvvies are allowed to do this? One security bloke tried to stop me driving down a road that had nothing in it except for about 50 parking bays that were sealed off, what is this all about?

Because they pay to do so, and it promotes the local area. I enjoy watching films and TV as do millions and millions of others, so it's a necessary inconvenience in my eyes.

Here's a link for more info:

http://filmlondon.org.uk/working-boroughs-film#BoroughCharges
  • Able bodied people (often fat) who think that carrying a single walking stick in public entitles them to claim disability benefit instead of getting off their lazy backsides and working for a living. Numbers seem to be on the increase and examples can be found in their main habitats, the local Witherspoons or The Jeremy Kyle Show.
  • Film crews who for some bizarre reason are allowed to close roads and shut loads of parking bays, as they did in Blackheath Village today, causing utter chaos. Why is it that these jumped up luvvies are allowed to do this? One security bloke tried to stop me driving down a road that had nothing in it except for about 50 parking bays that were sealed off, what is this all about?

Because they pay to do so, and it promotes the local area. I enjoy watching films and TV as do millions and millions of others, so it's a necessary inconvenience in my eyes.

So does that money go to the local businesses who lost income because people couldn't park?
    I was trying to get to the picture framers but was unable to, i have now taken my business elsewhere. Is that promoting the local area?
    So the council benefitted but everyone else, including local businesses, have to suffer in lost income and/or inconvenience because of the traffic chaos it caused?
    If I tried to pay to get a road closed or parking bays shut I would be told to do one, why should they be any different?
  • Able bodied people (often fat) who think that carrying a single walking stick in public entitles them to claim disability benefit instead of getting off their lazy backsides and working for a living. Numbers seem to be on the increase and examples can be found in their main habitats, the local Witherspoons or The Jeremy Kyle Show.

Nothing like lobbing a potential grenade into a thread on a quiet Wednesday night on CL.

So does that money go to the local businesses who lost income because people couldn't park?
    I was trying to get to the picture framers but was unable to, i have now taken my business elsewhere. Is that promoting the local area?
    So the council benefitted but everyone else, including local businesses, have to suffer in lost income and/or inconvenience because of the traffic chaos it caused?
    If I tried to pay to get a road closed or parking bays shut I would be told to do one, why should they be any different?
    Well, as you have your arguing head on, you could answer the bit about people enjoying films and TV. Also the money to the council may help keep down the business rates, so local shops may benefit. People might see Blackheath on a film and decide to visit and have a meal, or a drink. Might not rush there to get a picture framed, I grant you. Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture...

Well, as you have your arguing head on, you could answer the bit about people enjoying films and TV. Also the money to the council may help keep down the business rates, so local shops may benefit. People might see Blackheath on a film and decide to visit and have a meal, or a drink. Might not rush there to get a picture framed, I grant you. Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture...
    'My arguing head'?! Just because I had the temerity to disagree with you? Well I am very sorry, I am obviously not allowed to have an opinion, I will bow down to your superior views in future and stay quiet.

'My arguing head'?! Just because I had the temerity to disagree with you? Well I am very sorry, I am obviously not allowed to have an opinion, I will bow down to your superior views in future and stay quiet.
    And this wasn't even the original post I tagged as being the grenade.....
  • People who can't put a picture in a frame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lauren Solly on twitter. She doesn't have as much attitude as Ibi Makienok or Sarah Vetokele

QED... :wink:
  • Fellas in pubs going on about who they've got in their dream team , bore off you drip i could nt give a fck
  • Shag said:

Fellas in pubs going on about who they've got in their dream team , bore off you drip i could nt give a fck

Make you right (but I do have Vardy in mine)
  • Shag said:

Fellas in pubs going on about who they've got in their dream team , bore off you drip i could nt give a fck

Do you think Aguero will be fit this week? He's my captain.
  • Shag said:

Gonna have to substitute Gomez if he's out for the season... Who do you think I should replace him with?
  • Shag said:

Gonna have to substitute Gomez if he's out for the season... Who do you think I should replace him with?
    Danny Ings:-)
  • People who still have out of date tax discs in their cars.
  • ross1 said:

Shag said:

Danny Ings:-)
    Already did that :(
  • Sponsored links:

• People who are OK in person but utter melts via email. Get some training, fool
  • So still in no particular order

Estate agents
    Conveyancing solicitors
    Poor/non-existent lane discipline
    Holier than thou vegetarians/cyclists/health freaks
    People who post meme's on Facebook as some kind of personality replacement
    Reality TV
    Sleb culture

• Carter said:

So still in no particular order

Estate agents
    Conveyancing solicitors
    Poor/non-existent lane discipline
    Holier than thou vegetarians/cyclists/health freaks
    People who post meme's on Facebook as some kind of personality replacement
    Reality TV
    Sleb culture

Hell to the yeah. I'm angry reading that.
  • People who have too many things annoying them!
  • Having to answer a load of dumb questions before certain websites will allow access.
  • South Africans
    The Welsh

Just getting that in early

#homeofrugby
  • Stig said:

Having to answer a load of dumb questions before certain websites will allow access.

annoying when all you want to do is quickly crack one off.
  • Those hooks on either end of clothes hangers that mean clothes don't just roll off hangers when you pull them.

They snag on them and then you rip your top
  • When two people sit at a massive table with 10 or 12 around it in a pub when there are plenty of smaller tables empty.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!