Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:

Use of the word 'abortion' to describe something that isn't very nice. I detest the use of that word in that context.

It's abhorrent
  • Bikers who drive their machines like cars, either following or just ahead - does my head in.
  • Ticket machines/vending machines that will quite happily suck up your change except your last 10p that you keep putting in only for it to keep dropping back out.

Drivers who think you need to slow down to 1mph when going over a speed bump.

Speed bumps in general.

When you wave a driver through when there's not enough space for both of you and they decide to proceed at the slowest possible speed.
  • The guy on the train this morning who was telling the guy next to him that he'd never get Sky tv as he thinks it's outrageous how much they charge for it and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with charging that much. A valid point, but hard to take the guy seriously when he's ranting whilst carrying a copy of THE SUN under his arm! TWAT!
  • edited October 2015
    People who order loads of parcels, on a almost daily basis, but are never in, this is a personal one, as i am a delivery driver.
  • The guy on the train this morning who was telling the guy next to him that he'd never get Sky tv as he thinks it's outrageous how much they charge for it and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with charging that much. A valid point, but hard to take the guy seriously when he's ranting whilst carrying a copy of THE SUN under his arm! TWAT!

but he was not getting Sky because he disliked the Murdoch empire, he said it was too expensive. The sun is only 40p, which I believe is priced quite competitively amongst the red tops, mail express etc.

• James Caan on LinkedIn today. It's not so much what he says, I know he's a recruitment and business 'guru' we must bow to him etc. It's more the numerous comments from the idiots afterwards

'Excellent advice'

'Another great article'

Someone called G Karthikeyan just put 'more true'

'This words somewhat inspire me'

'Again, excellent thought leadership James'

'Great article, love it'

And so on and so forth. Let's all just pull our heads out of James Caan's, Richard Branson's arse etc. It's a joke
  • People that leave their engines running for an age... the noise goes straight through your ears and are as bad as faulty car / burglar alarms!!
  • This isn’t directed at you particularly Cabbles, more a heads up for anyone thinking of visiting Thailand. Elephant ‘trekking’ is purely an exercise in animal exploitation, cruelty and money making.

http://kimpluscraig.com/2014/01/10/phajaan-breaking-the-spirit/
    http://www.peta.org.uk/blog/watch-documentary-uncovers-shocking-secrets-of-thailands-elephant-tourism/
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/1/against-elephant-abuse-in-thailand/

The treatment of animals in Thailand (tiger temples, monkey shows, gibbons and lorises as photo props, they even had orangutan boxing until recently) is something that really, really annoys me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bikers who drive their machines like cars, either following or just ahead - does my head in.

You'll have to clarify what you mean there?
  • edited October 2015
    Car Parks that either demand that you have the correct change or state that you wont be given any change at all, so if you only have a £2 coin that than £1.50, wave goodbye to that 50p (In this day and age, how difficult is it to install a machine that'll give you the change?)
  • Dazzler21 said:

People who order loads of parcels, on a almost daily basis, but are never in, this is a personal one, as i am a delivery driver.

People who deliver my packages during 9-5.

I'm a working man and of course there is a 70/30 chance I am not in during core business hours...
    When it is stated 'your parcel will be delivered between 8am-6pm' Great, cheers.
  • Dazzler21 said:

People who deliver my packages during 9-5.

I'm a working man and of course there is a 70/30 chance I am not in during core business hours...
    When it is stated 'your parcel will be delivered between 8am-6pm' Great, cheers.
    If I book the day off to ensure that I'm home for the parcel... I just know its coming at 5:59
    If I book a half-day so that I'm home by 2pm... It'll have been delivered at 12:32...

How do they know?
  • English people who break the law in a foreign country and then they or there family whinge about the sentence and try and get our government involved to try and stop the punishment.You know the laws and sentences and if you live or visit another country respect there laws or suffer the punishment just like the muppet who should receive his 350 lashes for breaking the alcohol law in Saudi Arabia but won't once Cameron gets involved!

He's already done a year in prison!

absolute hell hole of a country.
  • English people who break the law in a foreign country and then they or there family whinge about the sentence and try and get our government involved to try and stop the punishment.You know the laws and sentences and if you live or visit another country respect there laws or suffer the punishment just like the muppet who should receive his 350 lashes for breaking the alcohol law in Saudi Arabia but won't once Cameron gets involved!

As ValleyGary says above, that's not really the point in this case. The blokes already served 14 months of a 12 month sentence....
  • was the sentence prison AND lashes or are they just deciding as they go along?

As ValleyGary says above, that's not really the point in this case. The blokes already served 14 months of a 12 month sentence....
    But it is indeed the point, dont break the law in a barbaric country........
  • Sponsored links:

• Sentence was both.
  • MrOneLung said:

Sentence was both.

well, no one to blame but himself.

as barbaric as it is, I have to agree with Killer Kish's original point.
  • edited October 2015
    Greenie said:

English people who break the law in a foreign country and then they or there family whinge about the sentence and try and get our government involved to try and stop the punishment.You know the laws and sentences and if you live or visit another country respect there laws or suffer the punishment just like the muppet who should receive his 350 lashes for breaking the alcohol law in Saudi Arabia but won't once Cameron gets involved!

But it is indeed the point, dont break the law in a barbaric country........
    He's got a screw loose spending all that time in a backwards country anyway, but the original post said 'his family shouldnt whinge'. If it was my old man, then id be doing everything possible to stop him getting a punishment, that could ultimately kill him.

Thats the point, he's 75, got cancer throughout his body and 350 lashes is almost a death sentence (which wasn't the punishment).

Its like giving a 90 year old community service for breaking the law in this country, they just wouldn't be made to do it.
  • MrOneLung said:

Sentence was both.

Oh didn't know that, in which I agree with the original post.

Is this a case of getting the drinks in first and then having a whip round after?
  • People who are selfish over things they don't use/need - our car park spaces work often full by the time I get in (late shift), the company next to ours has far more than they need to the point that their staff have the middle space of three and nothing either side of them every day.

I often use one of their unused spaces, and the fuss they've started kicking up about myself and a couple of others parking in what would otherwise be completely unused spaces is ridiculous.

It's the equivalent of a three year old not letting anyone else play with a toy he doesn't even like anymore just because it's his toy.
  • I spent countless hours of my childhood watching rough, tough cowboys on TV. Now we find out that Billy the Kid liked to settle a few scores over a game of croquet. I feel cheated and disillusioned.
  • MrOneLung said:

Sentence was both.

MrOneLung said:

Sentence was both.

People that give in easily.
  • MrOneLung said:

Sentence was both.

MrOneLung said:

Sentence was both.

you're probably right...
  • MrOneLung said:

Sentence was both.

MrOneLung said:

Sentence was both.

You can't really not agree with him. Rules are rules and all that, and he knew the rules.

I thought he hadn't actually been sentenced to any lashes, and so thought it ridiculous, but if he had then he knew what he was getting himself in for, as horrible as it may sound.

Also, to clarify, I in no way agree with the whole lashing thing, its horrendous.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!