Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Macronate said:

cabbles said:

Just whilst I'm on this thread - I'm at work, I was on the phone, mispronounced a word, everyone around me jumps on it. Who cares? Very annoying, people that are listening out for meaningless errors just so they can make their little joke

more importantly, what did Mr Hunt think of you mispronouncing his name?
    sorry macronate you're gonna have to help me on this one otherwise it'll be a whooosh for me here. I'm missing something
  • edited October 2015
    cabbles said:

Macronate said:

cabbles said:

Just whilst I'm on this thread - I'm at work, I was on the phone, mispronounced a word, everyone around me jumps on it. Who cares? Very annoying, people that are listening out for meaningless errors just so they can make their little joke

sorry macronate you're gonna have to help me on this one otherwise it'll be a whooosh for me here. I'm missing something
    He's implying you called someone called Mr Hunt Mr.... oh never mind ;-)
  • Carter said:

cabbles said:

Macronate said:

cabbles said:

oh yes, bloody hell sorry macronate, d'oh

If you must know, they thought I said appedite when I said appetite, but I have a cold so it sounded like appedite. You should work where I work, barrel of laughs
  • The local barber who has decided to make a feckin feature of my bald patch.

Think yourself lucky, they could make a seven part franchise out of mine. With spin offs and merchandising...
  • edited October 2015
    Greenie said:

Its sad isn't it, they obviously admire you to such a degree that they are just looking for the chink in your armour.
    Yep ignore them.

• cabbles said:

Carter said:

cabbles said:

Macronate said:

cabbles said:

If you must know, they thought I said appedite when I said appetite, but I have a cold so it sounded like appedite. You should work where I work, barrel of laughs
    To be fair mate that sounds pretty shite. Watch the Michael Douglas classic 'falling down' and even things up a bit.

I'd love to
  • edited October 2015
    Greenie said:

cabbles said:

People that do this generally have a massive inferiority complex.
    Like some on here with a slight miss-spelling.
  • It annoys me that more and more people are spelling lose as loose, so much so, that I started a thread on it.
  • cyclists that ride on the pavement. then nearly knock you flying yet are the 1st to complain when a driver nearly hits them.
  • Carter said:

cabbles said:

Carter said:

cabbles said:

Macronate said:

cabbles said:

To be fair mate that sounds pretty shite. Watch the Michael Douglas classic 'falling down' and even things up a bit.

I'd love to
    It's a great film. Everyday I venture out and see

people not taking up the pockets of space on the tube

zig zagging slowly in front of me rather than walking in a straight line at a steady pace

on their mobile whilst walking toward me rather than looking in my direction

stopping dead in front of me on a busy pavement whilst they wonder where they are going and I'm behind them trying to get somewhere, knowing where I am going.

All of the above, 5 days out of 7 a week help push me toward possibly replicating Douglas in falling down.....fortunately I just open up this thread instead.

• Sponsored links:

• The local barber who has decided to make a feckin feature of my bald patch.

On the plus side hair cuts do get cheaper when there is less to cut.
    Mine was half the price of hairy ape sitting next to me last weekend.
  • he probably got a cut and style rather than your 'trim'
  • One-line work emails sent to my personal email while I'm on annual leave. Especially if I manage to misunderstand them (as the context has been sent to my work email) and they put me in a bad mood on holiday.
  • 'Prolly' when the writer means probably.
    On par with 'My Bad'
  • The National Lottery. Adding another 10 numbers to it has ruined my chances considerably.
  • The National Lottery. Adding another 10 numbers to it has ruined my chances considerably.

Ive now stopped doing the main lotto and started playing the Health Lottery, won £50 last night at the first go.
  • Add up how much you spend on the lottery over a year and buy premium bonds, you can always cash out
  • Add up how much you spend on the lottery over a year and buy premium bonds, you can always cash out

Tell that to the thousands of Lotto millionaires.
  • Web sites that are perfectly navigable and user friendly on the PC, but have a different configuration on the I pad.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Henry Irving calling me 'cables'. Ridiculous
  • Having to fill out that 're-captcha' to prove you are a human. If you click the 'learn more' option it explains that it is actually a large internet effort to digitalise text from old books.

So why when I explain what it is saying does it tell me i'm wrong? If you already knew why the fuck did you ask me?
  • Having to fill out that 're-captcha' to prove you are a human. If you click the 'learn more' option it explains that it is actually a large internet effort to digitalise text from old books.

So why when I explain what it is saying does it tell me i'm wrong? If you already knew why the fuck did you ask me?

Oh so you're the reason my digital version of pride and prejudice begins with. “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a cheap Russian internet bride"
  • It annoys me that more and more people are spelling lose as loose, so much so, that I started a thread on it.

Is it a loose thread?

Sorry.
  • Stig said:

People who hang around the exits of DIY stores trying to flog double glazing. If I wanted a stack of over-priced glass I'd get online and do some research, not go with some company because they just happen to have a deal with B&Q. Bloody glaziers.

People who hang around the exits of pubs and offices waving their cancer sticks in the air. If I wanted to shorten my life through the inhalation of noxious gasses, I'd stick a hosepipe on my exhaust. Get your smelly filth away from me.

People who hang around the exits of tube stations peddling their metaphysical fairy tales. If I wanted an imaginary friend I'd get on my knees and see which one answered my call, not sign up to some sect on account of the District Line Disciples.

Problem solved, just go out the entrance.
  • Stig said:

People who hang around the exits of DIY stores trying to flog double glazing. If I wanted a stack of over-priced glass I'd get online and do some research, not go with some company because they just happen to have a deal with B&Q. Bloody glaziers.

People who hang around the exits of pubs and offices waving their cancer sticks in the air. If I wanted to shorten my life through the inhalation of noxious gasses, I'd stick a hosepipe on my exhaust. Get your smelly filth away from me.

People who hang around the exits of tube stations peddling their metaphysical fairy tales. If I wanted an imaginary friend I'd get on my knees and see which one answered my call, not sign up to some sect on account of the District Line Disciples.

Agree with you apart the double glazing chaps.
    It aint much of a job and I'm sure they are not enjoying the experience so I just decline there offers of a new crap doors and windows.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!