Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People who start sentences but don't
  • IA said:

cabbles said:

Facebook status updates such as the following

'Loving life right now'

'Had the most amazing night with X and Y at xxx'

Had these two come through this morning. Fuck off.

u ok hun? x x
    Sending hugs x x x
  • I had the thoroughly humiliating experience today of getting on a bus. Can't believe my car broke down.

Everyone must have assumed I can't drive or I was off to college or something. Horrific
  • I had the thoroughly humiliating experience today of getting on a bus. Can't believe my car broke down.

Everyone must have assumed I can't drive or I was off to college or something. Horrific

I don't think you have any worries given society's modern day bus passenger who insist on keep pressing the bell to stop the bus even though somebody already pressed it and several times over already. Then you have those who like to sit in the aisle seat yet leave the window seat free. Then there are those who think there shopping is entitled to a seat and those who will have a loud personal conversation on the phone. All of these during peak travel times.

I think there minds will be more occupied by thoughts of a mouse running inside a wheel rather than you :smile:
  • edited October 2015

I had the thoroughly humiliating experience today of getting on a bus. Can't believe my car broke down.

I don't think you have any worries given society's modern day bus passenger who insist on keep pressing the bell to stop the bus even though somebody already pressed it and several times over already. Then you have those who like to sit in the aisle seat yet leave the window seat free. Then there are those who think there shopping is entitled to a seat and those who will have a loud personal conversation on the phone. All of these during peak travel times.

I think there minds will be more occupied by thoughts of a mouse running inside a wheel rather than you :smile:
    *Their

I think the modern day bus passenger has evolved and has gained a sixth sense; a sixth sense that gives them the ability to smell if another passenger typically uses private transportation.

Once detected, they'll just stare at you and combat your presence with leg bashing, bus stopping noises and by forming some kind of chant which typically involves thanking the bus driver every 40 seconds.
  • Carter said:

IA said:

cabbles said:

'Loving life right now'

u ok hun? x x
    Sending hugs x x x
    cables gone quiet

dm me babes x x

Unless you are an OAP, then you have a bus pass, and it makes sense to travel by bus
  • cabbles said:

IA said:

Carter said:

IA said:

cabbles said:

'Loving life right now'

u ok hun? x x
    Sending hugs x x x
    cables gone quiet

dm me babes x x
    Cabbles, two b's ffs.
    Cor who burst your Buble
    tongue in cheek mate, just looking for some cheap lol's. It's all I've got :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Use of the word 'abortion' to describe something that isn't very nice. I detest the use of that word in that context.
  • The saying
    'give enough chimpanzees typewriters, eventually they'll come up with thebible/the works of shakespeare'

Why would a chimpanzee care about shakespeare or the bible?
  • Dads at the playground, who swing their tiny kids either on either a roundabout or one of those swinging basket things to almost an inch of their life. WTF are you doing ?

Want to frog-march them to the nearest fair, stick em on the waltzer and tell the attendent that this bloke thinks you're all no good pikies and might warrent a bit of special attention. See how they like it.
  • cabbles said:

Carter said:

cabbles said:

Macronate said:

cabbles said:

Just whilst I'm on this thread - I'm at work, I was on the phone, mispronounced a word, everyone around me jumps on it. Who cares? Very annoying, people that are listening out for meaningless errors just so they can make their little joke

more importantly, what did Mr Hunt think of you mispronouncing his name?
    sorry macronate you're gonna have to help me on this one otherwise it'll be a whooosh for me here. I'm missing something
    He's implying you called someone called Mr Hunt Mr.... oh never mind ;-)
    oh yes, bloody hell sorry macronate, d'oh

If you must know, they thought I said appedite when I said appetite, but I have a cold so it sounded like appedite. You should work where I work, barrel of laughs
    That wouldn't have even got a titter from me @cabbles

I did a presentation a couple of years ago and instead of saying 'there are certain elements' I said 'there were certain elephants'. Tried styling it out, but unfortunately I don't work in a zoo or Zanzibar, which matey boy knew full well when standing up, pointing, and shouting loudly 'he said elephants'.

I'm not one for public speaking....
    Shouldn't that be pubic speaking?
  • African elephant ears are the shape of Africa and Indian elephant ears are shape of India.

So what came first, the continent/country or the ears?

Either way, Surely this is proof once and for all there is a god....

• people sucking their fingers when eating.

some dirty cow on the bus yesterday sucking the frazzle crumbs off of her fingers after every crisp and now some bell end in work eating chicken wings and making the most disgusting loud sucking noise.
  • edited October 2015
    MrOneLung said:

African elephant ears are the shape of Africa and Indian elephant ears are shape of India.

So what came first, the continent/country or the ears?

Either way, Surely this is proof once and for all there is a god....

Gotta disagree there...
  • Sponsored links:

• African Elephants are cooler, let's be honest.
  • I remember doing an elephant trek in Chang Mai. Whilst the day was very enjoyable, and we got to ride an elephant, at the end they let us play in the mud pools with the elephants. At first it was fun, everyone chucking mud at one another, larking about. However this went on for the best part of an hour. Fine for 10-20 mins, but no way you can dedicate a whole hour to it
  • This one also belongs in the general things that confuse you thread

People who wait at a pelican crossing without pressing the button. First, you won't be able to cross the road without pressing it unless traffic is kind to you. Second, did you not see the button to press and does something not click in your head when somebody else turns up after you and has to almost lean across you to press it as you were stood right next to it too?

Becoming more common these days sadly.
  • cabbles said:

I remember doing an elephant trek in Chang Mai. Whilst the day was very enjoyable, and we got to ride an elephant, at the end they let us play in the mud pools with the elephants. At first it was fun, everyone chucking mud at one another, larking about. However this went on for the best part of an hour. Fine for 10-20 mins, but no way you can dedicate a whole hour to it

Im not sure why this made me laugh but if i read that review on TripAdvisor i would absolutely piss myself.

People who wait at a pelican crossing without pressing the button. First, you won't be able to cross the road without pressing it unless traffic is kind to you. Second, did you not see the button to press and does something not click in your head when somebody else turns up after you and has to almost lean across you to press it as you were stood right next to it too?

Add to that, people who insist on crossing the road yards from but not actually on a crossing then look at you like you're the anti-Christ for not stopping.

Add to that, people who insist on crossing the road yards from but not actually on a crossing then look at you like you're the anti-Christ for not stopping.
    that is probably more a combination of pain and fear as they cling onto your bonnet for dear life!
  • African Elephants are cooler, let's be honest.

Thats because their ears are bigger.
  • And shaped like Africa....
  • edited October 2015

This one also belongs in the general things that confuse you thread

Or, here in Portugal, they stroll along the road and then without hesitation, deviation or repetition do a 90 degree wheel without looking and are on the crossing expecting you to stop when you were six feet from said crossing when they enacted their last minute manoeuvre. The same person, 5 minutes later when they are in their car, will almost run over your toes when you are half way across a dual carriageway on a crossing yourself...
  • Richard Branson getting behind the Pro Europe campaign.

He's a tax exile FFS.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!