Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Stig said:

The term 'Reaching Out'

We're English we ASK!!!

Don't worry, I'll be there.

Ive said this before but Managers of top 4 clubs that spend all year moaning about how difficult it is to get into the Champions League and then when they do, rest their players (Wenger last night with Cech, he's a keeper ffs) because they have an important game at the weekend. Of course the game at the weekend is a lot more important because finishing in the top 4 gets you into the Champions League the following year.

And repeat.

The Premier league is more important than a cup comp.
  • 16+ Teenage Kids. Is there a thicker demographic of human? Even the ones who are supposedly educated dont even appear to understand anything worth knowing.

Dunces the lot of 'em.
  • Greenie said:

Stig said:

The term 'Reaching Out'

We're English we ASK!!!

Ive said this before but Managers of top 4 clubs that spend all year moaning about how difficult it is to get into the Champions League and then when they do, rest their players (Wenger last night with Cech, he's a keeper ffs) because they have an important game at the weekend. Of course the game at the weekend is a lot more important because finishing in the top 4 gets you into the Champions League the following year.

And repeat.

You're on a wind up right?
  • Greenie said:

Stig said:

The term 'Reaching Out'

We're English we ASK!!!

And repeat.

Not at all, the Prem is a season long campaign, the Champions league is a Circus cup comp, it doesn't even have just the Champions in it.
    Ive got a few mates who support The Arse/Chelski and they all say the same, The Prem is the be all and end all. The Champions league is for armchair supporters, their words not mine.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Stig said:

The term 'Reaching Out'

We're English we ASK!!!

And repeat.

Not at all, the Prem is a season long campaign, the Champions league is a Circus cup comp, it doesn't even have just the Champions in it.
    Ive got a few mates who support The Arse/Chelski and they all say the same, The Prem is the be all and end all. The Champions league is for armchair supporters, their words not mine.
    haha standard Arsenal response as they never get past the QF and Chelsea, well ask any fan what the greatest night in the clubs history is?

The Champions League is the pinnacle of club football.
    Nah! I totally disagree, they are all decent proper supporters, not the bitter Johnny come lately, and the Q was asked in the pub a couple of Xmas's ago.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Stig said:

The term 'Reaching Out'

We're English we ASK!!!

And repeat.

haha standard Arsenal response as they never get past the QF and Chelsea, well ask any fan what the greatest night in the clubs history is?

The Champions League is the pinnacle of club football.
    didn't they lose the final to Barcelona 8 or 9 years ago?
  • edited September 2015
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Stig said:

The term 'Reaching Out'

We're English we ASK!!!

And repeat.

If they say it, it must be true...
  • Sponsored links:

• IAIA
    edited September 2015
    I know a few old-school Chelsea fans, regulars in the 80s, priced out of the current club. All of them say that the Champions League win was the greatest night in their history.
  • BBC London news. Very rarely do I watch it as I don't watch much TV in the evening. Just caught the 5 minute 10.30pm one. It's so bloody contrived.

The way they reported that sink hole in St Albans. Ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, a horrible thing for the residents to deal with, but the language used by the reporter. Sort of a patronising/condescending newsround type comment about 'it could get bigger, it could take the residents weeks to return to normality'

She sort of phrased it like this sinkhole was going to take out Hertfordshire.

their ideal news story would be an alien orphan from the andromeda galaxy who came to London, married a Syrian refugee and they now run an organic library where the books are made of kale and are free to the local community. Give them something like that and Alice Bandikravi would be all over it
  • Or maybe the other news agencies reported it in the same way?
  • Or maybe the other news agencies reported it in the same way?

Possibly Algarve. I've just always thought BBC London terrible.
  • cabbles said:

Or maybe the other news agencies reported it in the same way?

It sounded like a watered down version of how the sensationalist press/media report everything to me Cabbles?
  • cabbles said:

Or maybe the other news agencies reported it in the same way?

It sounded like a watered down version of how the sensationalist press/media report everything to me Cabbles?
    They're all bad. Just never liked bbc london
  • The evening standard man at Knightsbridge who says "standard free" instead of "free standard ".
  • JaShea99 said:

People who write 'online' as on line or on-line or on/line. No, it's just one word - 'online'.

Is-it?
  • Sponsored links:

• People who deck, pave or concrete over every inch of their garden - especially cat owners - whose animal is then forced to take a dump in someone else’s my garden.
  • The phrase "take a dump". What has happened to the world I live in?
  • Greenie said:

The phrase "take a dump". What has happened to the world I live in?

What you mean like Selhurst?.........Oh number two's :smiley:
  • Greenie said:

Do you prefer "crimp off a length", "lay a cable", "drop the kids off at the pool" or "throttle a mars bar"?
  • Greenie said:

It's the 'take' bit, I know the UK is fast becoming another American state but let's have some class please, it's 'have a dump'.

My dogs have a dump, I then take a dump and place it in the appropriate receptacle. ;)
  • Greenie said:

I prefer going to dung out, going to wrestle a brown snake or going for an Ertha.
  • Greenie said:

It's the 'take' bit, I know the UK is fast becoming another American state but let's have some class please, it's 'have a dump'.

Glad you reached out to me there buddy, I didn’t even realise I’d been Americanised. Perhaps we could touch base some time soon? Anyway must go - need to use the bathroom - you have a nice day now.
  • Whatever happened to "im going for a shit"
  • Whatever happened to "im going for a shit"

Followed by a quick scratch of the nuts?
    Its a bit Millwall mate to be honest, this is an up market forum! ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!