Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• ross1 said:

When the wireless mouse randomly decides to stop working for 10 minutes.

Batteries need changing
    No, it just randomly stops working for a while every now and then. Fine again now...
  • ross1 said:

When the wireless mouse randomly decides to stop working for 10 minutes.

Batteries need changing
    No, it just randomly stops working for a while every now and then. Fine again now...
    have you heard from his union rep yet?
  • MrOneLung said:

missing the shoe shine at work when my shoes look like I have borrowed them from a vagrant after walking in yesterdays rain!

you have a shoe shine man at work ?
    yes, he comes round the floor collects your shoes and brings them back once they are done.
    does he hang out with the chimney sweep?

what if you need to go somewhere while he's gone off with your shoes?
  • rina said:

MrOneLung said:

missing the shoe shine at work when my shoes look like I have borrowed them from a vagrant after walking in yesterdays rain!

yes, he comes round the floor collects your shoes and brings them back once they are done.
    does he hang out with the chimney sweep?

what if you need to go somewhere while he's gone off with your shoes?
    send someone else, failing that you would walk down to the end of the floor where he is sat polishing the shoes and take yours back.
  • The Charlton facebook page

I sacked that den of knuckle dragging nut jobs months ago...
    Good choice. I really should as well tbh as sometimes find myself getting drawn into the most pointless debates known to man.
  • MrOneLung said:

Story was that the guy who did it at my last place was knocking out gear.
  • MrOneLung said:

Story was that the guy who did it at my last place was knocking out gear.
    Mailman in my last place had his phone taken from him to read the texts.

"Have you got any letters for me?"
    "Yes, I have lots of letters. How many would you like?"
  • Sitting next to and/or opposite blokes on trains.

Generally, sitting near women you get a bit more space (and potential eye candy).

I am quite considerate and squeeze up to let people have a bit of space on these cattle trucks but most blokes go into alpha male mode and spread out to take up as much space as possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone that refers to that politics bloke as 'Jezza'.
  • Anyone that refers to that politics bloke as 'Jezza'.

Likewise that car twat.
  • Having gone online to cancel a subscription only to be told you have to phone up to cancel instead.

LoveFilm used to do this and just found out The Sun do this too.
  • People who bring their kids on rush hour tubes/trains and can't keep them under control.
  • The claim by led light bulb manufacturers that they last 15000 hours - 500 would be more accurate - I’ve replaced 4 in 6 months at a fiver a throw - and I keep losing the receipts.
  • The claim by led light bulb manufacturers that they last 15000 hours - 500 would be more accurate - I’ve replaced 4 in 6 months at a fiver a throw - and I keep losing the receipts.

They do last 15000 hours, if you never switch it on
  • The (English) plonker in the pub last night who told me all about rugby, and how Lancaster had got it all wrong and didn't know what he was doing, and why. And then, when I told him I didn't really understand the nitty-gritty of the game that well, and that I just wanted to enjoy it and I would cheer on England regardless (the shirt I had on being a bit of a giveaway) he carried on boring me anyway. Then he joined forces with a bitter Irishman and was cheering on Fiji.

He looked rather shocked at the end when I got in his face and said "Shows what you know about rugby mate - Bugger all!".

He won't be welcome at the next game, needless to say.
  • The (English) plonker in the pub last night who told me all about rugby, and how Lancaster had got it all wrong and didn't know what he was doing, and why. And then, when I told him I didn't really understand the nitty-gritty of the game that well, and that I just wanted to enjoy it and I would cheer on England regardless (the shirt I had on being a bit of a giveaway) he carried on boring me anyway. Then he joined forces with a bitter Irishman and was cheering on Fiji.

He looked rather shocked at the end when I got in his face and said "Shows what you know about rugby mate - Bugger all!".

How much does your boss pay you for the PR?
  • cabbles said:

Toilet roll in public/work toilets that just won't peel off the roll. I go left and right and the thing is determined to stay on. I then have to rip at it, often allowing for only one sheet at a time (why are they designed to come off in one sheet anyway, whoever needed one sheet). Agitating

Shit happens.

i wondered why my 4 year old son came back to our table a little bit upset last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• ads said:

The (English) plonker in the pub last night who told me all about rugby, and how Lancaster had got it all wrong and didn't know what he was doing, and why. And then, when I told him I didn't really understand the nitty-gritty of the game that well, and that I just wanted to enjoy it and I would cheer on England regardless (the shirt I had on being a bit of a giveaway) he carried on boring me anyway. Then he joined forces with a bitter Irishman and was cheering on Fiji.

Don't worry, when you take into account the number of people he pissed off vs the tuppence ha'penny he actually spent (and moaned about that because his local out in the sticks charge half as much - that'll be why you are not there watching the rugby mate, because they don't pay for it) I was doing my "job" properly. :smile:
  • Macronate said:

The (English) plonker in the pub last night who told me all about rugby, and how Lancaster had got it all wrong and didn't know what he was doing, and why. And then, when I told him I didn't really understand the nitty-gritty of the game that well, and that I just wanted to enjoy it and I would cheer on England regardless (the shirt I had on being a bit of a giveaway) he carried on boring me anyway. Then he joined forces with a bitter Irishman and was cheering on Fiji.

i wondered why my 4 year old son came back to our table a little bit upset last night.
    I wasn't quite as aggressive as that reads...
  • When the wireless mouse randomly decides to stop working for 10 minutes.

Have you tried turning it off, then turning it on again?
  • ads said:

Don't worry, when you take into account the number of people he pissed off vs the tuppence ha'penny he actually spent (and moaned about that because his local out in the sticks charge half as much - that'll be why you are not there watching the rugby mate, because they don't pay for it) I was doing my "job" properly. :smile:
    Tuppence ha'penny?
    Was he the shoe shine boy or the chimney sweep from earlier, or perhaps the local chandler?
  • edited September 2015
    Stepping onto the back decking in your bare feet, at night, and treading on a snail.

eeeeuw
  • People who cite Uber's 'surge' pricing as greedy capitalism or exploitation.

No one forces you to pay £15 for a £5 journey you mooks. If Uber are quoting above the market price because of 'surge', then book a minicab or black cab, whose prices are fixed.
  • Ollie fucking murs ruining it must be love on Sunday night at the london palladium
  • When you book a doctors appointment ten days in advance, get three texts and two e-mails the day before reminding you about that appointment, and then you get a call five hours before the appointment to tell you the doctor is on holiday today, but they can book you a new appointment in three weeks...
  • When you book a doctors appointment ten days in advance, get three texts and two e-mails the day before reminding you about that appointment, and then you get a call five hours before the appointment to tell you the doctor is on holiday today, but they can book you a new appointment in three weeks...

Or, you leave work early, get delayed on a train, run all the way to the surgery (because if you are more than 5 minutes late, they won't see you) and then get told the above.

I can't be 5 minutes late, but they can make me wait up to 2 hours, after my appointment time and then not offer an apology when I eventually get to see them.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!