Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• If I buy I Travelcard, I am entitled to go to any station in London, but not stations on route to/from London. What's it to them if I break my journey?
  • edited September 2015
    I decided because of the way my brain have been wired up, to answer questions
    that people put to me ? (i could never be in politics)
    so that throw away line "how are you "
    I answer the question.
    OK, i get it now it's a rhetorical Question.
    Family,friends,strangers,customers,colleagues, random callers to my phone want me to say good ?
    New approach time for the next person who asked.
    "how are you"

"Really good thanks" said born again Sam.

Then why have you come to see me ? Said my Doctor !
  • edited September 2015
    The tossers who thought it a good idea to cone the A2 from Eltham Tunnel onwards to a single lane the night of a second division football match.

Needless to say not a workman in sight just those bloody cones needlessly delaying our journeys home.
  • LenGlover said:

The tossers who thought it a good idea to cone the A2 from Eltham Tunnel onwards to a single lane the night of a second division football match.

Needless to say not a workman in sight just those bloody cones needlessly delaying our journeys home.

Funny enough Len, jnr Jnr commented about coned roadworks, and I said do you really think the road workers really care that they hold people up, of course they don't! Why would they?
  • Whispering, or to the point, people who carry out entire conversations whispering. I don't mind someone saying something very quickly, you might be in church or a library and say 'I just need the loo'

However today, all the way in the lift up at covent garden these two people whispering whatever it was. If it's secret and you don't want anyone else to hear, don't talk about it in public. Wait till we all leave the lift. I remember 2 girls doing it last year for pretty much the entire lunch break. It really grates like running your nails down a chalk board sort of thing.

Our voices have a natural level of volume. You wouldn't have a conversation shouting at the top your lungs, don't whisper
  • probably been mentioned many times but people eating smelly food on the train, some bloke this morning tucking into his smelly sandwich on the way to work made me feel physically sick. honestly it smelt like egg and dog shit sandwiches.
  • cabbles said:

Whispering, or to the point, people who carry out entire conversations whispering. I don't mind someone saying something very quickly, you might be in church or a library and say 'I just need the loo'

However today, all the way in the lift up at covent garden these two people whispering whatever it was. If it's secret and you don't want anyone else to hear, don't talk about it in public. Wait till we all leave the lift. I remember 2 girls doing it last year for pretty much the entire lunch break. It really grates like running your nails down a chalk board sort of thing.

Our voices have a natural level of volume. You wouldn't have a conversation shouting at the top your lungs, don't whisper

I reckon it was along the lines of...

"psst, that bloke has his cock out, what shall we do"

"I don't know, i'm scared, just try not to make too much noise and he might leave us alone"
    i had my back to them, how would they know
  • cabbles said:

Whispering, or to the point, people who carry out entire conversations whispering. I don't mind someone saying something very quickly, you might be in church or a library and say 'I just need the loo'

Used to work in an office with three women, who would regularly (in any combination of 2) launch into a 30+ minute long whispering session, usually when I was the only other person in the room. Eventually had to tell them to fuck off somewhere else if they wanted to have a private conversation. Found it far more distracting and annoying than if they had a normal voice conversation about everything they hated about me.
  • People who count the number of seconds the goalkeeper has the ball in his hand. bore off like the ref gives a toss.
  • Sponsored links:

• The fancy integrated handwasher/dryer units that dish out a nice handfull of liquid soap before you find out there is no water.
  • probably been mentioned many times but people eating smelly food on the train, some bloke this morning tucking into his smelly sandwich on the way to work made me feel physically sick. honestly it smelt like egg and dog shit sandwiches.

£1.99 in Erith Morrisons.

• People who count the number of seconds the goalkeeper has the ball in his hand. bore off like the ref gives a toss.

Laws of the game that Refs decide to ignore.
  • MrLargo said:

That Müller Pud Corner advert featuring Nicole Shitsinger is really starting to get my heckles up. The fact that everything she says sounds completely false and insincere is irritating enough, but the whole falling off the chair and pulling off the table cloth (and everything on the table), and then just lying there on the floor laughing?! With all the other random people also having a good chuckle. Quite simply, that is not on.

The correct response to that incident from Nicole would be to apologise profusely for ruining lunch, offer to pay for any breakages and the wasted food that's now strewn across the lawn and insist on clearing up the catastrophic scene that she has inflicted on her hosts.

The correct response from her hosts is not to join in with Nicole's laughter. Instead, the man of the house should be telling her in no uncertain terms that his wife spent a fortune in Budgens yesterday and has been slaving away in the kitchen all morning to prepare the lunch that she's just chucked around the garden. Furthermore, as well as being incredibly rude, it sets an appalling example to the children to do something that stupid and then just lie there laughing. "I'm sorry Nicole, but I think you'd better leave" would be an acceptable way to bring closure to the incident.

I can vividly remember knocking over a glass of Sprite whilst dining with my parents at our local Berni Inn restaurant in January 1987. Believe me, there was nobody at our table laughing after that incident. Indeed, whilst I left the restaurant in tears feeling that my birthday had been somewhat spoilt by my dad's angry tirade, I learned valuable lessons that day, not only about the consequences of wasting valuable Sprite, but also about the negative impact that spilt Sprite can have on a Chicken Cordon Bleu, something that Müller may wish to consider next time they commission a new advert.

Would ya?
  • When the wireless mouse randomly decides to stop working for 10 minutes.

needs feeding

Probably not plugged in properly.

• MrLargo said:

That Müller Pud Corner advert featuring Nicole Shitsinger is really starting to get my heckles up. The fact that everything she says sounds completely false and insincere is irritating enough, but the whole falling off the chair and pulling off the table cloth (and everything on the table), and then just lying there on the floor laughing?! With all the other random people also having a good chuckle. Quite simply, that is not on.

The correct response to that incident from Nicole would be to apologise profusely for ruining lunch, offer to pay for any breakages and the wasted food that's now strewn across the lawn and insist on clearing up the catastrophic scene that she has inflicted on her hosts.

The correct response from her hosts is not to join in with Nicole's laughter. Instead, the man of the house should be telling her in no uncertain terms that his wife spent a fortune in Budgens yesterday and has been slaving away in the kitchen all morning to prepare the lunch that she's just chucked around the garden. Furthermore, as well as being incredibly rude, it sets an appalling example to the children to do something that stupid and then just lie there laughing. "I'm sorry Nicole, but I think you'd better leave" would be an acceptable way to bring closure to the incident.

I can vividly remember knocking over a glass of Sprite whilst dining with my parents at our local Berni Inn restaurant in January 1987. Believe me, there was nobody at our table laughing after that incident. Indeed, whilst I left the restaurant in tears feeling that my birthday had been somewhat spoilt by my dad's angry tirade, I learned valuable lessons that day, not only about the consequences of wasting valuable Sprite, but also about the negative impact that spilt Sprite can have on a Chicken Cordon Bleu, something that Müller may wish to consider next time they commission a new advert.

I have both Loled and liked this Largo.

Fantastic work.
  • When I make myself a cup of camomile and honey tea and then forget about it until it's nearly stone cold.

#northernproblems
  • Sponsored links:

• When I make myself a cup of camomile and honey tea and then forget about it until it's nearly stone cold.

#northernproblems

Camomile and honey tea? I bet you get a few funny looks asking for that in the Barnsley branch of Tesco.
  • :anguished: I try not to venture into South Yorkshire DM. People there are strange.
  • missing the shoe shine at work when my shoes look like I have borrowed them from a vagrant after walking in yesterdays rain!
  • missing the shoe shine at work when my shoes look like I have borrowed them from a vagrant after walking in yesterdays rain!

you have a shoe shine man at work ?
  • MrOneLung said:

missing the shoe shine at work when my shoes look like I have borrowed them from a vagrant after walking in yesterdays rain!

you have a shoe shine man at work ?
    yes, he comes round the floor collects your shoes and brings them back once they are done.
  • The Charlton facebook page

I sacked that den of knuckle dragging nut jobs months ago...

Batteries need changing
  • ross1 said:

When the wireless mouse randomly decides to stop working for 10 minutes.

Batteries need changing
    thats what I said ... needs feeding :wink:
  • Toilet roll in public/work toilets that just won't peel off the roll. I go left and right and the thing is determined to stay on. I then have to rip at it, often allowing for only one sheet at a time (why are they designed to come off in one sheet anyway, whoever needed one sheet). Agitating
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!