Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• When you fuck up years ago but it impacts years later, bstd fecking one month early from first 12 month accounts submitted and the business although able to show the bank it's turning well, turnover way above expectations yet we need a short term increase of cashflow to assist with an opportunity, yet they go off my own credit history that we are able to start addressing properly after always running close to the limits, makes you fecking determined to sort and make a successful business even more than I got up this morning
  • edited September 2015
  • edited September 2015

It annoys me that Walter Palmer doesn't understand what he's done wrong. He thinks people are angry at him for killing a famous and studied lion.

The bloke can't see that people object to him taking the lives of innocent animals.

It's a bit like Gary Glitter and his ilk not seeing what they have done wrong. Virtually the entire world condemns them, but they think they are in the right.
  • It annoys me that Walter Palmer doesn't understand what he's done wrong. He thinks people are angry at him for killing a famous and studied lion.

The bloke can't see that people object to him taking the lives of innocent animals.

He lives in a country where nothing constructive happens even when nutters shoot kids in school.

• It annoys me that Walter Palmer doesn't understand what he's done wrong. He thinks people are angry at him for killing a famous and studied lion.

He lives in a country where nothing constructive happens even when nutters shoot kids in school.

I think I must have missed a few steps because I am struggling to comprehend the vehemence being expressed against this particular individual.

Don't get me wrong. I find the hunting and shooting of wild animals (unless vermin and thus a threat to human health) repugnant but my understanding is that there is a hunting industry and this guy paid his money and went and did what was being advertised just like thousands before him and doubtless thousands after him.

So why single him out?
  • LenGlover said:

It annoys me that Walter Palmer doesn't understand what he's done wrong. He thinks people are angry at him for killing a famous and studied lion.

I think I must have missed a few steps because I am struggling to comprehend the vehemence being expressed against this particular individual.

Don't get me wrong. I find the hunting and shooting of wild animals (unless vermin and thus a threat to human health) repugnant but my understanding is that there is a hunting industry and this guy paid his money and went and did what was being advertised just like thousands before him and doubtless thousands after him.

So why single him out?
    Len I would say that you raise a good point about the wider industry and the people promoting this. I feel equally as angry toward them as I do this prick. I guess my issue is this guy has gone 3000 miles out of his way to hunt down a creature that has done absolutely nothing but live its life in its natural surroundings. Imagine travelling 3000 miles just to kill something.

Makes me sick to the stomach. I think that the authorities are getting better at stamping out poaching and killing in those countries and yes the people that facilitate it are just as bad, it's just that he's the focal point for me. It's also that I personally feel very passionate about animal cruelty. Literally makes my blood boil. I can't even watch those adverts charities like the RSPCA put out.

When I see videos on the internet of animals doing stupid things or, dogs greeting their owners when they come home, versus humans happy slapping complete strangers, says all I need to know about the better species for me.
  • I kind of hear you @LenGlover but the chap above makes the points well

He can't see how 95% of the rest of the planet feels what he did was wrong which is similar to people who have a sick need to go out raping or something equally repugnant can't see how much people like me would like to see them swing

Our sense of right from wrong is what's meant to separate us from the animals and make us the apex race.
  • Exit signs
    Carter said:

Green men

They make me cross

Velcro fastening trainers.
    They're a rip off.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

LenGlover said:

So why single him out?
    Len I would say that you raise a good point about the wider industry and the people promoting this. I feel equally as angry toward them as I do this prick. I guess my issue is this guy has gone 3000 miles out of his way to hunt down a creature that has done absolutely nothing but live its life in its natural surroundings. Imagine travelling 3000 miles just to kill something.

Makes me sick to the stomach. I think that the authorities are getting better at stamping out poaching and killing in those countries and yes the people that facilitate it are just as bad, it's just that he's the focal point for me. It's also that I personally feel very passionate about animal cruelty. Literally makes my blood boil. I can't even watch those adverts charities like the RSPCA put out.

When I see videos on the internet of animals doing stupid things or, dogs greeting their owners when they come home, versus humans happy slapping complete strangers, says all I need to know about the better species for me.
    Some culling is required to maintain healthy populations, so it's a good idea to get rich punters to do it and the charges they pay funds conservation.
    Sadly a knock on effect is an increased desire to go hunting.

By far the biggest problem is the illegal hunting, fuelled in the main by demand, principally in China, for 'medicine'.
    Recently in Vietnam, a rumour took hold that Rhino horn cured cancer. Result? Massive spike in rhino hunting.

I find all of it utterly vile.
  • No different to fishing
  • MrOneLung said:

No different to fishing

As you are doing with that comment. :wink:
  • Leave me out of this!
  • MrOneLung said:

No different to fishing

What is the difference?

Cuter animals?

Always makes me laugh buying dolphin friendly tuna. No Dolphins were harmed whilst we killed these tuna.
  • MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

No different to fishing

What is the difference?

Cuter animals?

Always makes me laugh buying dolphin friendly tuna. No Dolphins were harmed whilst we killed these tuna.
    The abhorrence of 99% of your fellow human beings, which should disturb you, logical or not. And the numbers involved - which is why we have fishing quotas.
  • MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

No different to fishing

What is the difference?

Cuter animals?

We eat fish.
  • MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

No different to fishing

What is the difference?

Cuter animals?

We eat fish.

I don't. No food with a face for me.
  • Davina McCall
  • MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

No different to fishing

What is the difference?

Cuter animals?

We eat fish.
    I am talking about people who go fishing for pleasure rather than food fishing per se.

what is different between them and this hunter?

• Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

No different to fishing

What is the difference?

Cuter animals?

We eat fish.
    I am talking about people who go fishing for pleasure rather than food fishing per se.

Well for a start, a lot of people that go fishing for pleasure put the fish back in the water.
  • edited September 2015
    Greenie said:

Davina McCall

Although I find her very irritating, I've always wanted to have a go.
  • People cycling 'no handed' on the road.
  • When you just start to piss in the urinal and it starts to flush.
    You stand there watching as the level of water and piss rises up towards the lip of the urinal hoping you dont have to stop the flow and step away fromt he urinal.
  • MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

No different to fishing

What is the difference?

Cuter animals?

We eat fish.

I don't. No food with a face for me.
    What about a packet of happy faces biscuits?
  • MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

No different to fishing

What is the difference?

Cuter animals?

We eat fish.

Ah, I see; your mentioning of tuna fishing made me think otherwise.

I just know this particular 'hunter' chose to fly to another continent to lure a member of this endangered species off a reserve and kill it (and by all accounts a none too quick way either). This species is at the top of the food chain and doesn't get eaten (like fish) and is therefore less plentiful in numbers to start with. Not forgetting the 80-90% estimated reduction of the lion population over the last 40 years. That's one part of the difference. The other being treating the planet like his personal playground. He killed it for kicks. Not survival. I can't get my head around how he can proudly say "yeah, that was me that killed this majestic animal; here's his head on the wall of my lounge".
  • Greenie said:

Davina McCall

She peaked on God's Gift for me. Used to be late on ITV in the late 90s. 1am sort of thing, narrated by Stuart Hall
  • Also remember when the BBC gave her an 8pm slot on a Wednesday for her own chat show around 2006. Terrible idea
  • Workplace piss takers who never get their comeuppance. Every workplace has them I'm sure.
  • People who write 'online' as on line or on-line or on/line. No, it's just one word - 'online'.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!