Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Non messages. When you hear a message that goes something like "this is a London Underground passenger announcement. There are no delays on the Northern line and a regular service is in operation on the Bakerloo line"
  • Useless information. For example: "the Hastings train due to depart from platform 6 has been delayed due to the late arrival of an incoming service"
  • MrOneLung said:

People who claim their London dialing code is 0207 or 0208 or 0203

It is just 020

Like the people with an SE3 postcode in Kidbrooke, who claim they live in Blackheath.

[Heads for shelter]
    I think about 90% of South east London is now "Blackheath"
  • Useless information. For example: "the Hastings train due to depart from platform 6 has been delayed due to the late arrival of an incoming service"

a favourite of mine was "we are sorry for the late running of this train, this is being caused by delays"
  • se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

People who claim their London dialing code is 0207 or 0208 or 0203

It is just 020

Like the people with an SE3 postcode in Kidbrooke, who claim they live in Blackheath.

[Heads for shelter]
    I think about 90% of South east London is now "Blackheath"
    Not Kidbrooke Village?
  • When someone in the office gets a new car and wants to show it off to the rest of the office and they all waddle off to the Car Park - I couldn't give a flying fuck if you've got a new Car!!!
  • edited September 2015
    The word "f*ckin" getting edited out by admin, but the accusing someone of having "mental" ideas being let go.

Bit close to home that and it's proper wound me up
  • When a politician finds himself on the ropes during a TV interview and plays his ‘get out of jail card. (Peers into the camera lens and says) ‘This is a conversation that we need to have’.

What conversation, with who and when? More pertinently how comes you haven’t already had the conversation and come up with some answers?
  • Fiiish said:

That pamphlet you get inside boxes of paracetamol/ibuprofen. I always open the box the side it is blocking access to my pills, what shitty design.

Easily solved. Try opening it from the other end. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

That pamphlet you get inside boxes of paracetamol/ibuprofen. I always open the box the side it is blocking access to my pills, what shitty design.

they're made by the same people who designed usb cables to always be upside down
  • When someone in the office gets a new car and wants to show it off to the rest of the office and they all waddle off to the Car Park - I couldn't give a flying fuck if you've got a new Car!!!

Same with babies (without the car park bit...).
  • Riviera said:

The crossing of the number seven by non-continental Europeans.

If I confess that I also put a slash through a zero, am I barred from The Long Pond?! :-(
  • My 2 GTTAY today
    1. People that can't walk in a straight line
    2. The gap between the "Tartan Army" and the band finishing the dirge that is Flower of Scotland
  • edited September 2015
    The plank at the bar who keeps changing his drink order AFTER the barmaid has poured it (he's also ordering spirit mixers) then getting arsey when after he does this twice the barmaid refuses to change it because she is having to throw booze down the sink and now he's holding up other people ordering drinks by demanding he should be allowed to change his mind even though the drink is poured.
  • Fiiish said:

The plank at the bar who keeps changing his drink order AFTER the barmaid has poured it (he's also ordering spirit mixers) then getting arsey when after he does this twice the barmaid refuses to change it because she is having to throw booze down the sink and now he's holding up other people ordering drinks by demanding he should be allowed to change his mind even though the drink is poured.

Having a nice evening out then?
  • Fiiish said:

Dont slap him, get on Charlton Life sharp-ish.
  • Let's just say if it's takes you as long to order a drink as it does for someone to post on Charlton Life on how annoying you are, you ought to be barred from all pubs and bars forever for life. Especially this bloke who changed his order from vodka and coke to southern comfort and coke to Tia Maria and coke and then complained about having too much ice. This may have been acceptable in a Tiger Tiger but this happened in the pub down the road from me!!
  • addickson said:

Riviera said:

If I confess that I also put a slash through a zero, am I barred from The Long Pond?! :-(
    What you do behind closed doors is your own business just don't go slashing and crossing while you're in R!
  • Fiiish said:

Precis this to "people who do not understand pub etiquette". Particularly prevalent in holiday towns where people who normally don't set foot outside their house after dark, decide to go to a bar because they are on holiday.
  • Sponsored links:

• People who go on CL when they're on the lash! The worlds gone barking.
  • edited September 2015
    To be fair I'd only gone for a pint after work. Also doesn't our admin have a habit of posting whilst three sheets to the wind ;)
  • addickson said:

Riviera said:

Yep and me, I also sweep the bottom of a Z underneath so it resembles a 3 in some some peoples eyes. But then again at nearly 60 years old I wear a baseball cap so theres no hope left in this world for me. ;)

• Must admit, I also put a line through 7 and 0, but in my defence, I used to deal with a lot of figures, and one day someone mistook a 7 for a 1 that I had written, and there was a lot of problems, so I started crossing 7 and 0, and never had any problems after that
  • getting a text on your birthday which reads "Happy Birthday xx" and you haven't got a clue who it is.
  • Macronate said:

getting a text on your birthday which reads "Happy Birthday xx" and you haven't got a clue who it is.

It was me, you're welcome xx
  • Restaurants/pubs that play dirgey versions of upbeat hits by unknown artists.
  • SSN presenter getting over-excited that Luxembourg have just scored a late winner against Macedonia... WTF ?
  • Boysie said:

SSN presenter getting over-excited that Luxembourg have just scored a late winner against Macedonia... WTF ?

Well that was only their ninth win in twenty years, but it's not that exciting I agree. :smiley:
  • Greenie said:

People who go on CL when they're on the lash! The worlds gone barking.

And when they are on the lash on holiday ! Wtf.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!