Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• beige or light coloured socks with black shoes
  • One thing always bloody annoys me is when you're walking down the road and you've got the sun in your eyes... Regardless if someone is coming the other way, you're always expected to move out of their way, yet every time you've only got a matter of seconds to make the maneuver because you only see them at the last minute whilst they noticed you five minutes ago
  • Riviera said:

The Fiveways junction on the A20, every approach is a pain in the butt.

Yep, no pleasant way of dealing with that poxy junction.

• T.C.E said:

I've one of those all singing all dancing watches that keeps time by the sun or the moon or satellites or something. Never had too adjust the time, accurate to the millisecond, in the ten years I've had it it's never told me the correct date. Currently it's February the fecking 26th, useless pile of shite.

I've only got on hand on my clock, it's right twice a day.

Cue a few Monkhouse puns here.....
    Not his best work, but I need to get rid of the image of you with one hand on your clock. Twice a day.

What's a geriatric? A German footballer scoring three goals.

People always say: "You're a comedian, tell us a joke." They don't say: "You're an MP, tell us a lie."

I can still enjoy sex at 74 - I live at 76, so it's no distance.

I'm generally annoyed by people taking threads away from their topic.
    A fellow connosieur ARTHUR?

IMO his best gag was:

'When I was young I told them I wanted to be a comedian, and they laughed'

...'They're not laughing now'

• T.C.E said:

I've one of those all singing all dancing watches that keeps time by the sun or the moon or satellites or something. Never had too adjust the time, accurate to the millisecond, in the ten years I've had it it's never told me the correct date. Currently it's February the fecking 26th, useless pile of shite.

I've only got on hand on my clock, it's right twice a day.

Cue a few Monkhouse puns here.....
    Not his best work, but I need to get rid of the image of you with one hand on your clock. Twice a day.

What's a geriatric? A German footballer scoring three goals.

People always say: "You're a comedian, tell us a joke." They don't say: "You're an MP, tell us a lie."

I can still enjoy sex at 74 - I live at 76, so it's no distance.

I'm generally annoyed by people taking threads away from their topic.
    A fellow connosieur ARTHUR?

IMO his best gag was:

'When I was young I told them I wanted to be a comedian, and they laughed'

...'They're not laughing now'

The most under rated boy expelled from Dulwich College, IMHO.
  • People who make an offer on your flat, then change their mind a 10 days later and sheepishly admit that actually they don't want it after all, by which time the 4 other people who made perfectly acceptable offers have already found somewhere else so you have to go through the whole poxy routine again from scratch.
  • Businesses employing people on customer service telephone lines who are unable to speak properly.
  • MrLargo said:

People who make an offer on your flat, then change their mind a 10 days later and sheepishly admit that actually they don't want it after all, by which time the 4 other people who made perfectly acceptable offers have already found somewhere else so you have to go through the whole poxy routine again from scratch.

In a seller's market you don't want to be accepting an offer without some sort of non refundable gesture of good faith. It's negotiation after all - terms are driven by whoever has got the best cards. So you can say to the first ones, fine, but it's not yours til we see the colour of your deposit old chum.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

People who make an offer on your flat, then change their mind a 10 days later and sheepishly admit that actually they don't want it after all, by which time the 4 other people who made perfectly acceptable offers have already found somewhere else so you have to go through the whole poxy routine again from scratch.

In a seller's market you don't want to be accepting an offer without some sort of non refundable gesture of good faith. It's negotiation after all - terms are driven by whoever has got the best cards. So you can say to the first ones, fine, but it's not yours til we see the colour of your deposit old chum.
    Yeah I was thinking about that afterwards (too late by then obviously). It's not a practice I've ever encountered though, either as a buyer or a seller, although I guess it's down to the individual vendor to stipulate this to the estate agent as a condition of someone putting an offer in.
  • MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Yeah I was thinking about that afterwards (too late by then obviously). It's not a practice I've ever encountered though, either as a buyer or a seller, although I guess it's down to the individual vendor to stipulate this to the estate agent as a condition of someone putting an offer in.
    I think something akin to this happens in Scotland but not down here as a rule.

It seems everybody involved in house sales is a shifty bastard. Estate agents are possibly my #1 pet hate. Horrible people
  • People referring to a surgery or surgeries.

When I was young you had an operation or operations.

Where has this surgery (ies) nonsense come from?
  • LenGlover said:

People referring to a surgery or surgeries.

I'll get behind that mate

I think it's from a Michael Jackson documentary. At least that's where I first clocked people talking about him having 'surgeries' as opposed to operations
  • People who leave £30,000 worth of car parked on the drive or in the road, and fill their garages with empty kitchen units and junk.
  • Carter said:

LenGlover said:

I'll get behind that mate

I think it's from a Michael Jackson documentary. At least that's where I first clocked people talking about him having 'surgeries' as opposed to operations
    Procedure, surely?
  • LenGlover said:

Perhaps that's what Charlton should do with their next big away game, instead of calls bag it Opertion******, it should be Surgery Sellout Park.
  • When you're getting geed up to come back for the palace game and then realise ypu gotta provide 100 crepes for a same sex marriage that very same night..........
  • brogib said:

When you're getting geed up to come back for the palace game and then realise ypu gotta provide 100 crepes for a same sex marriage that very same night..........

Just say it's Yom Kippur.
  • Sponsored links:

• IA said:

brogib said:

When you're getting geed up to come back for the palace game and then realise ypu gotta provide 100 crepes for a same sex marriage that very same night..........

Just say it's Yom Kippur.
    I did, but they said "Enough already"
  • brogib said:

I've been in a same sex marriage for years, same sex night after night......
  • edited August 2015
    When you are in the queue a a checkout and the person in front of you stoops over, looks left and right and cups their hand over the card reader when putting their number in as if they are guarding the crown jewels.

Pathetic
  • When you are in the queue a a checkout and the person in front of you stoops over, looks left and right and cups their hand over the card reader when putting their number in as if they are guarding the crown jewels.

Pathetic

Cash points too. I understand privacy in this day and age, but I've had people look at me as if were attempting to rob them unless 30 feet away. No love, if I'm dressed in a suit in a queue to use the cash points at Charing X in the rush hour on a weekday morning, and I'm standing behind the line that is put there specifically, it's unlikely that I'm going to attempt to rob you.
  • cabbles said:

When you are in the queue a a checkout and the person in front of you stoops over, looks left and right and cups their hand over the card reader when putting their number in as if they are guarding the crown jewels.

Pathetic

Cash points too. I understand privacy in this day and age, but I've had people look at me as if were attempting to rob them unless 30 feet away. No love, if I'm dressed in a suit in a queue to use the cash points at Charing X in the rush hour on a weekday morning, and I'm standing behind the line that is put there specifically, it's unlikely that I'm going to attempt to rob you.
    Apologies for the hard on though
  • IA said:

People who try to prevent their money from being stolen are the biggest arseholes of all.

Yes fancy following the procedures suggested by the police and the banks for protecting your PIN. And no-one wearing a suit was ever a crook...
  • IA said:

People who try to prevent their money from being stolen are the biggest arseholes of all.

Yes fancy following the procedures suggested by the police and the banks for protecting your PIN. And no-one wearing a suit was ever a crook...
    I have no problem with anyone protecting their pin, as said I was well clear of the woman. But even if I were a robber, a snooty look of suspicion isn't going to put me off. I just found it strange. I don't know, maybe I look like a criminal and deserve such a sneer of contempt
  • cabbles said:

IA said:

I have no problem with anyone protecting their pin, as said I was well clear of the woman. But even if I were a robber, a snooty look of suspicion isn't going to put me off. I just found it strange. I don't know, maybe I look like a criminal and deserve such a sneer of contempt
    Just to put some context to this a woman at the tesco checkout on Northumberland avenue said I look like, and I quote 'Mick from Eastenders'

Fuck it, I did deserve the sneer and over the top dramatic actions taken by this woman
  • You shield IT to stop the camera that is part of the skimmer from seeing your pin.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!