Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Pubs that put out signs that are wrong. For example, "food served all day". I go in and order a drink and ask for some food and am told that they stopped serving at early-o-clock. Then, I've got a drink I didn't want that has to be dealt with before I can go somewhere else to get the food that I did want.

When pulling out of a concealed entrance and you have to inch forward out into the main road to check that the coast is clear. The idiot behind you tailgates all the way so that there is no space for you to reverse if needed.

The voice of Greenie (my new invisible conscience) in my head when I'm driving along the motorway and sense that I've been in the middle lane too long. I've never even met the man and can only guess what he sounds like, but he's there when I'm driving along thanks to the wonders of Charlton Life.

That members of my family think because I spend to much time on Charlton Life, that I must be some sort of IT whizz kid and ask me to sort out every little computer glitch they have.
  • Stig said:

Pubs that put out signs that are wrong. For example, "food served all day". I go in and order a drink and ask for some food and am told that they stopped serving at early-o-clock. Then, I've got a drink I didn't want that has to be dealt with before I can go somewhere else to get the food that I did want.

When pulling out of a concealed entrance and you have to inch forward out into the main road to check that the coast is clear. The idiot behind you tailgates all the way so that there is no space for you to reverse if needed.

The voice of Greenie (my new invisible conscience) in my head when I'm driving along the motorway and sense that I've been in the middle lane too long. I've never even met the man and can only guess what he sounds like, but he's there when I'm driving along thanks to the wonders of Charlton Life.

That members of my family think because I spend to much time on Charlton Life, that I must be some sort of IT whizz kid and ask me to sort out every little computer glitch they have.

He's got a really squeaky voice, almost like sweep from sooty
  • edited September 2015
    Carter said:

Stig said:

Pubs that put out signs that are wrong. For example, "food served all day". I go in and order a drink and ask for some food and am told that they stopped serving at early-o-clock. Then, I've got a drink I didn't want that has to be dealt with before I can go somewhere else to get the food that I did want.

No, he sounds EXACTLY like Shaft
  • Carter said:

Stig said:

He? Oh dear!
  • Carter said:

Stig said:

What the black detective who's a sex machine to all the chicks?
  • iaitch said:

Carter said:

Stig said:

What the black detective who's a sex machine to all the chicks?
    you're damn right
  • People who insist on shaking your hand after you step out of the toilet.

Two things are going to happen:

1) my hand will be wet, leaving you wondering if you now have piss all over your hand

2) my hand will be dry, and you'll realise I forgot to wash my hands and you probably have little flecks of shit on your hand

Really, it is lose-lose and I feel dirty afterwards.
  • Fiiish said:

People who insist on shaking your hand after you step out of the toilet.

1) my hand will be wet, leaving you wondering if you now have piss all over your hand

2) my hand will be dry, and you'll realise I forgot to wash my hands and you probably have little flecks of shit on your hand

Yes, there really should be a glory hole code of etiquette.
  • Those toilet seats that are too thick so that they keep falling down when you're trying to have a slash.
  • Those toilet seats that are too thick so that they keep falling down when you're trying to have a slash.

just piss on the floor, that'll teach 'em
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

I'm compelled to ask this, but for what reason?
    Is this some form of congratulatory greeting?

• McBobbin said:

I cheered aloud when palace won. I'm annoyed and disgusted with myself, though my hatred of Chelsea is pure

Yeah, I found it very difficult to know how to react to that.
    My father in law assumed I should be able to accept a Palace win. He's a Spurs fan and doesn't mind Arsenal beating them. But I don't get that. It's Charlton win first, Palace and Millwall defeats second.

No exceptions.
  • the whole Jim White fascination.
  • the whole Jim White fascination.

Agreed. He seems to have become an exaggerated parody of himself.
  • Carter said:

Interesting, because in my head it's more like Nosher Powell with the underlying threat of Ray Winstone, utter contempt of Nan Taylor, anger of Rhod Gilbert and malevoence of Kenny Noye. There haven't been many journeys recently when I didn't soil myself through fear.
  • Stig said:

Carter said:

Interesting, because in my head it's more like Nosher Powell with the underlying threat of Ray Winstone, utter contempt of Nan Taylor, anger of Rhod Gilbert and malevoence of Kenny Noye. There haven't been many journeys recently when I didn't soil myself through fear.
    I'm flattered.
  • Fiiish said:

I'm compelled to ask this, but for what reason?
    Is this some form of congratulatory greeting?

Well, for example:

1) in the work place and the boss catches you as you're leaving the toilet and he hasn't seen you for a few weeks

2) old friend spots you leaving the loo in the pub

3) relative has arrived and your wife has let them in whilst you're in the khasi

I appreciate it is a pretty niche situation but seems to happen to me often enough to notice it. Or does everyone just want to shake my hand for some unknown reason?
  • rina said:

You could try drying your hands

Have you ever been to a pub? Apart from Dyson Airblades, most hand-dryers are complete crap.
  • Fiiish said:

rina said:

Have you ever been to a pub? Apart from Dyson Airblades, most hand-dryers are complete crap.
    Watch out for those Dyson Airblades - mate of mine nearly lost his foreskin...
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

rina said:

This reminds me; those Wallgate hand wash/drier things that local councils put in their public lavvys for the sole purpose of hacking me off. No, no, no, no, no. These things are absolutely disgusting. Invariably, you get a huge dollop of soap and then a tiny amount of recycled pish-water dribbles out that is never enough to get the soap off, let alone any dirt. Finally you stand with both hands in the hole hoping that you get a blow from it. There's never anything more than a feint whirr before it clicks off and you end up leaving with dirty, soapy, wet hands only to be accosted by one of Fiiish's mates wanting to shake your paw. The whole thing is a completely horrible experience, and I'm sure they are only installed to dissuade people from using the conveniences so that the councils can close them down and save some money to send back to Uncle George.

Anyone who has ever bought, commissioned or installed a Wallgate washer should have their head fitted into the hole permanently, so that they see out the rest of their days bent over in the public toilets to be used in whatever manner the local cottagers see fit.
  • Out of date posters / advertson the tube.

At Knightsbridge walk past the same four posters advertising London Live event on 20th/21st June.

• The crossing of the number seven by non-continental Europeans.
  • People who claim their London dialing code is 0207 or 0208 or 0203

It is just 020
  • MrOneLung said:

People who claim their London dialing code is 0207 or 0208 or 0203

It is just 020

Like the people with an SE3 postcode in Kidbrooke, who claim they live in Blackheath.

[Heads for shelter]
  • Stig said:

Fiiish said:

rina said:

This reminds me; those Wallgate hand wash/drier things that local councils put in their public lavvys for the sole purpose of hacking me off. No, no, no, no, no. These things are absolutely disgusting. Invariably, you get a huge dollop of soap and then a tiny amount of recycled pish-water dribbles out that is never enough to get the soap off, let alone any dirt. Finally you stand with both hands in the hole hoping that you get a blow from it. There's never anything more than a feint whirr before it clicks off and you end up leaving with dirty, soapy, wet hands only to be accosted by one of Fiiish's mates wanting to shake your paw. The whole thing is a completely horrible experience, and I'm sure they are only installed to dissuade people from using the conveniences so that the councils can close them down and save some money to send back to Uncle George.

Anyone who has ever bought, commissioned or installed a Wallgate washer should have their head fitted into the hole permanently, so that they see out the rest of their days bent over in the public toilets to be used in whatever manner the local cottagers see fit.
    Ahem
  • Stig said:

Fiiish said:

rina said:

Ahem
    Dirty, dirty boy...
  • Opening up a thread about Iain Dowie just now and being reminded of Iain Dowie.
    (Crepe joke excepted, almost made it worthwhile)
  • MrOneLung said:

Out of date posters / advertson the tube.

At Knightsbridge walk past the same four posters advertising London Live event on 20th/21st June.

In a similar vein staff/community notice boards advertising things that occurred months ago. How difficult is it for the person who pinned it up there to take it down again after the event...and sadly, yes I do find myself regularly tearing down stuff with a tutt and a huff.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!