Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The current telly ad for Travel Lodge. That's Travellodgical!

I raise your Travelogical with ... Vaneramaaa, vaaaanermaaa. FUCK OFF!
  • Having watched my first MOTD of the season (don't acknowledge the football season until October) the new Newcastle strip without stripes on the back is extremely annoying and confusing.
  • MrOneLung said:

Car drivers who don't acknowledge me.

I don't mean when I let them through. I mean when they let me through, I give the wave and I want them to do the same back so I know they appreciate my original acknowledgement.

Car drivers that do acknowledge me but do it by just raising one finger off the steering wheel. What's that all about, are they giving me out or something? I guess any more movement would exhaust them.
  • Stig said:

MrOneLung said:

I don't mean when I let them through. I mean when they let me through, I give the wave and I want them to do the same back so I know they appreciate my original acknowledgement.

Car drivers that do acknowledge me but do it by just raising one finger off the steering wheel. What's that all about, are they giving me out or something? I guess any more movement would exhaust them.
    Surely that's better than the nescafe shake?
  • Stig said:

Greenie said:

The phrase "take a dump". What has happened to the world I live in?

I prefer going to dung out, going to wrestle a brown snake or going for an Ertha.
    Drop the kids off at the pool.

Rocks in your head!?!? that line gets my blood boiling every time.

• MrOneLung said:

You should try living in North London mate. I would estimate that 1 in 10 people acknowledge you if you wait/let them through. You'd be unlikely to receive a response to thanking them as they won't understand what you're doing.
  • Again - Foggy morning, utter twat in grey car with no head lights on.

Why in rainy weather does the traffic volume increase, are there people who stay in when its nice weather, but when it rains just have to go out. WTF?
  • Sponsored links:

• The lack of distinction between uninterested and disinterested. Uninterested means you don't care, disinterested means you are impartial, like a referee. The fact that the dictionary has started saying there is a second meaning for disinterested drives me nuts, it's a usage that has come into play by everyone getting it wrong. Like how Jamie Redknapp has single-handedly introduced a second definition of 'literally' purely by being a moron
  • edited October 2015

The lack of distinction between uninterested and disinterested. Uninterested means you don't care, disinterested means you are impartial, like a referee. The fact that the dictionary has started saying there is a second meaning for disinterested drives me nuts, it's a usage that has come into play by everyone getting it wrong. Like how Jamie Redknapp has single-handedly introduced a second definition of 'literally' purely by being a moron

Disinterested also means 'uninvolved' and 'dispassionate', as in, 'can't be arsed' - an appropriate summary of much of our play before Jacko and Moussa came on yesterday vs Fulham.
  • Just heard on the news, a tory MP, (did not hear his name), said they should stop fuel allowance for OAP's, (yes I am one), he said most would probably be dead by the next election and the rest will probably forget (dementia), which party brought it in. Disgusting comment, not the fuel allowance but regards to OAP's.

Go Compare have also come up with a new series of crap adverts to maintain their dire reputation. The only advert that I really like at the moment is the Ford one with the little boy looking for the orangutan in the back of the car- Oobedooo I wnna be like you......!
  • ross1 said:

Just heard on the news, a tory MP, (did not hear his name), said they should stop fuel allowance for OAP's, (yes I am one), he said most would probably be dead by the next election and the rest will probably forget (dementia), which party brought it in. Disgusting comment, not the fuel allowance but regards to OAP's.

Yeah, what a t0sser, I read that this morning in The Metro. His name is Alex Wild, some lobbyist, I don't think he's an MP.
  • ross1 said:

Just heard on the news, a tory MP, (did not hear his name), said they should stop fuel allowance for OAP's, (yes I am one), he said most would probably be dead by the next election and the rest will probably forget (dementia), which party brought it in. Disgusting comment, not the fuel allowance but regards to OAP's.

Yeah, what a t0sser, I read that this morning in The Metro. His name is Alex Wild, some lobbyist, I don't think he's an MP.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34439965
  • He'll be appointed Minister for the DHSS in the next few days.
  • Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

This is priceless

"If you did it now, chances are that in 2020 someone who has had their winter fuel cut might be thinking, 'Oh I can't remember, was it this government or was it the last one? I'm not quite sure."
  • Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

yup, he is a tosser
  • Sponsored links:

• it's the sort of thing I expect companies/governments/newspapers/friends and families to say behind your back. ie I'm not naive enough to think that governments and big businesses don't think like that about the electorate or their customers, but am surprised they would say it in the public arena
  • Just whilst I'm on this thread - I'm at work, I was on the phone, mispronounced a word, everyone around me jumps on it. Who cares? Very annoying, people that are listening out for meaningless errors just so they can make their little joke
  • cabbles said:

Just whilst I'm on this thread - I'm at work, I was on the phone, mispronounced a word, everyone around me jumps on it. Who cares? Very annoying, people that are listening out for meaningless errors just so they can make their little joke

People that do this generally have a massive inferiority complex.
  • Greenie said:

cabbles said:

Just whilst I'm on this thread - I'm at work, I was on the phone, mispronounced a word, everyone around me jumps on it. Who cares? Very annoying, people that are listening out for meaningless errors just so they can make their little joke

People that do this generally have a massive inferiority complex.
    It's so tiresome. The people that tend to do it are also repeat offenders. In my head I want to lob my laptop at them, but I also want to show no reaction, so as to not rise to it.
  • Its sad isn't it, they obviously admire you to such a degree that they are just looking for the chink in your armour.
    Yep ignore them.
  • cabbles said:

Bloody pedints.
  • Greenie said:

Its sad isn't it, they obviously admire you to such a degree that they are just looking for the chink in your armour.
    Yep ignore them.

Yes spot on, I am great :wink:
  • Halix said:

The current telly ad for Travel Lodge. That's Travellodgical!

Go Compare have also come up with a new series of crap adverts to maintain their dire reputation. The only advert that I really like at the moment is the Ford one with the little boy looking for the orangutan in the back of the car- Oobedooo I wnna be like you......!
    Agree that is a great advert. The look on the boy's face when he finds it is a picture. While on this thread the M25,dog shit on pavements, Chelsea, Americans, speed cameras & fucking Russell Brand.
  • cabbles said:

more importantly, what did Mr Hunt think of you mispronouncing his name?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!