Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• That breakdancing builder advert for money suoernarket. It's a fugging price comparison website. Not a hipster revolution.
  • Claydon!
  • Paying first team prices to watch a Charlton XI side.
  • edited July 2015
    Stig said:

Paying first team prices to watch a Charlton XI side.

When will you be able to watch a Charlton First-Team match for £12 though, will be interesting to see how much Chelmsford charge next week as their standard ticket is £13
  • edited July 2015
  • Stig said:

When will you be able to watch a Charlton First-Team match for £12 though?
    I watched the first team for a tenner on Saturday, so I don't think it's wholly unreasonable to expect that for twelve quid I'd see more than a ramshackle bunch of reserves.
  • Stig said:

Stig said:

When will you be able to watch a Charlton First-Team match for £12 though?
    I watched the first team for a tenner on Saturday, so I don't think it's wholly unreasonable to expect that for twelve quid I'd see more than a ramshackle bunch of reserves.
    Agreed but Championship / Premier League can probably afford to have lower prices (i.e. you hear all the time when we reach the FA Cup 3rd Round and everyone wants to charge lower prices but League One / Two / Non-League Teams always want the prices to be more because of it being their windfall.

Its like Welling who charged us £15 when you could say that was crazy because they're only a Conference team

(Think the whole lesson from this post is just the simple old argument... what English fans get charged for to go watch a game of Football is stupid!!)
  • I'd say precisely that about Welling, but at least people knew what to expect and could make an informed choice as to whether or not they'd attend. The Southend game was billed as a first team friendly but was clearly a reserve/youth side.

Agree wholeheartedly with your conclusion that English fans are charged stupid amounts.
  • i.e. Even my mate who is a Welling fan says it... How can you be charged £15 for a Conference game (Standing behind the goal) yet for Charlton to charge £17 (Sitting behind the goal).

Sadly this is where Sky have ruined the game, because these teams need to make some money to try and survive or to try and get into the Football League which as a League Two team would see them get a bit of the Television money, they're forced to charge silly amounts as not enough people are interested.

I know I've taken over the "General Things that Annoy You" thread but this really is something that annoys me lol!
  • To put things into perspective I remember seeing an advert a few years ago that you could get tickets to the Ladies Champions League final for a tenner, and also I paid £15 for a ticket for the Super League Final at Old Trafford last year.

Draw any conclusions you want from that.
  • Sponsored links:

• The advert for Totally Marbs or whatever it's called where that blonde bint states 'everybody wants this lifestyle but not everyone can have it". Well actually, not everyone wants to live that vacuous, shallow, materialistic, bullshit life you dopey c***.

But sadly, millions do. :-(
  • I make you right Algarveaddick and that annoys me and saddens me in equal measure.
  • Websites that time-out for no real good reason.
  • People who think jogging anywhere in the city is a really great idea. During the week. Between 5 & 7.

Really?
  • herpes
  • EastStand said:

People who think jogging anywhere in the city is a really great idea. During the week. Between 5 & 7.

Really?

Yes very good one EastStand. Jogging in built up areas in general. Sorry any city joggers, I like a run myself but it's the way some of them look at you as if to say you're in their way because they have to weave round you. No, the square mile is for soulless finance and overpriced silly eateries, not running
  • Dazzler21 said:

Kelly Youga's phantom injury.

He passed it on to Franck Moussa.

• Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

When will you be able to watch a Charlton First-Team match for £12 though, will be interesting to see how much Chelmsford charge next week as their standard ticket is £13
    £10 according to the Chelmsford website. Tempted to if I can leave the house in time
  • Sad arrogant little Tory trolls piss me off too.

I don't use social media neither am I am idiot being told what to think - Shooting Lions etc for fun is sick and if you think it's not there must be something wrong with you.

• edited July 2015
    IAgree said:

Sad arrogant little Tory trolls piss me off too.

I don't use social media neither am I am idiot being told what to think - Shooting Lions etc for fun is sick and if you think it's not there must be something wrong with you.

If you're referring to me then it is rather hilarious you of all people calling me a sad arrogant troll.

This wasn't particularly brought on by the lion thing although I have seen this story being posted all over the place. It was more in reference to a string of things in the last few weeks that have been ridiculous witch-hunts, for example, the story of the woman who had a breast-feeding baby ripped from her by a Primark guard that later turned out to be complete bollocks but it didn't stop the social media mob baying for Primark's blood because the media was telling them to be angry.

Anyway, maybe next time don't be so paranoid over who is attacking you, for the record I didn't even see your post about the lions before posting.
  • ValleyGary I think locked up is enough mate...why spend any money studying them
  • People who claim they can't function without having a coffee in the morning. Piss off.
  • Greenie said:

People who claim they can't function without having a coffee in the morning. Piss off.

Oooh someone needs a Latte!
    Think he's getting a bit angry after a quadruple espresso
  • The amount of dentally challenged Northerners on the Jeremy Kyle show. I'm not a native of the North but there's more to it's people than the badly dressed, ill mannered, uncouth, sweary mouthed specimens that demean themselves by appearing on the programme.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!