Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The amount of dentally challenged Northerners on the Jeremy Kyle show. I'm not a native of the North but there's more to it's people than the badly dressed, ill mannered, uncouth, sweary mouthed specimens that demean themselves by appearing on the programme.

Noticed on holiday it that the vast majority of overweight lummoxes greedily piling their plates sky-high whilst trampling little kids in the race to get seconds were northerners.
  • That doesn't actually surprise me Stig. Went to one of those all you can eat buffet places in York the other day with my good ladies family (annoying in itself) and was shocked by the greed and every-man-for-themselves attitude shown by my fellow diners. And yes, a lot of them were indeed portly and rotund .
  • Work.

Really, I should be amazed at my manager's ability to discover each day a new petty, pathetic thing to obsess about and piss everyone off.
  • Nescafe shake

The amount of dentally challenged Northerners on the Jeremy Kyle show. I'm not a native of the North but there's more to it's people than the badly dressed, ill mannered, uncouth, sweary mouthed specimens that demean themselves by appearing on the programme.

But you have admitted to wearing black socks AUN pal

; )
  • Well I certainly wouldn't wear white ones. Do I look like some sorta Michael Jackson?!?
  • Noisy as fudge washing machine in an open plan lounge kitchen, diner, when I'm trying to Watch a movie.
  • Fudge ain't noisy is it?
  • brogib said:

Fudge ain't noisy is it?

Depends on the method you use for it's extraction.
  • Sponsored links:

• brogib said:

Fudge ain't noisy is it?

Packing it probably is
  • IA said:

brogib said:

Fudge ain't noisy is it?

Packing it probably is
    Notice the use of the word probably.

Clever......clever...
  • brogib said:

IA said:

brogib said:

Fudge ain't noisy is it?

Packing it probably is
    Notice the use of the word probably.

Clever......clever...
    this did make me laugh, but i'm not going to LOL it as I don't want you getting promoted.
  • Drivers who turn their engine off at traffic lights. What? Unless you're in a 2 hour standstill, it's not worth it.
  • JaShea99 said:

Drivers who turn their engine off at traffic lights. What? Unless you're in a 2 hour standstill, it's not worth it.

What if they're in a car where the engine turns off automatically? :)
  • Flavour of the month business speak. You know the type 'Blue Sky Thinking'.

The latest appears to SPOC and SPOF Single point of contact, Single point of failure.

Speak proper English FFS!

• JaShea99 said:

Drivers who turn their engine off at traffic lights. What? Unless you're in a 2 hour standstill, it's not worth it.

What if you're at a train line? I bet you leave the engine running don't you, you environment killing nazi.

The latest appears to SPOC and SPOF Single point of contact, Single point of failure.

Normally spouted by suits full of bugger all.
  • edited July 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

JaShea99 said:

What if you're at a train line? I bet you leave the engine running don't you, you environment killing nazi.
    Only if my car is on the train line. And there is a hose connected from the exhaust through the window. And a life-size decoy of me is in the car and I have some great life insurance but lots of unpaid debts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wedding bores

I could rant and rave about this sort of thing all day. "What are the action points to take away from this meeting?" - What you mean, "what happened?" "Whats next?!"
  • JaShea99 said:

No. I'm aware that newer cars have this facility, and that's fine, but yesterday I was at the lights when I heard horns, and actually saw the bloke next to me at a filter light reach over and turn his ignition back on. That wastes more petrol that leaving it on. Also I don't think I've ever been at a train line, so not sure what I'd do.
  • cafctom said:

Flavour of the month business speak. You know the type 'Blue Sky Thinking'.

I could rant and rave about this sort of thing all day. "What are the action points to take away from this meeting?" - What you mean, "what happened?" "Whats next?!"
    Nice one Tom. I'm empowering you to come up with some more :-)
  • cafctom said:

Flavour of the month business speak. You know the type 'Blue Sky Thinking'.

Proof of Concept - That's the other one that gets my pip. Does it f......g work?

• "Align our objectives" - basically just try and agree on something.
  • JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

No. I'm aware that newer cars have this facility, and that's fine, but yesterday I was at the lights when I heard horns, and actually saw the bloke next to me at a filter light reach over and turn his ignition back on. That wastes more petrol that leaving it on. Also I don't think I've ever been at a train line, so not sure what I'd do.
    In that case fair enough yeah, doesnt make any sense to do that.

Maybe he was like those people in the Volkswagen advert (i.e. "If you listen carefully it sounds just like a Golf")... in his instance he could have been going "It maybe an old car, but it still turns off when stopping at traffic lights", yes but not automatically you bell end!!
  • Haha maybe.
  • Think thats a great point. I'm in sales as well Cabbles, and you do get a lot of that aura on the other side of the phone on calls. 80% of my business, sales wise, in based in the US though and its a lot different there I've found. Often very friendly and polite and happy to do business without all the crap language getting in the way. In the UK the business culture just seems a lot more pompous and overly formal.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!