Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People who monpolise communal work kitchens by making unnecessarily complicated lunches
  • edited July 2015
    McBobbin said:

People who monpolise communal work kitchens by making unnecessarily complicated lunches

Spot on! Or stand there as if they're a professional washer upper doing one sodding cup, while having some inane conversation with somebody just there for the view.
  • people that say sinch rather than sync
  • Beer snob pseuds.

As an ale/craft beer aficionado, I like going into pubs and tasting different beers, commenting on flavours, bitterness, hoppiness, palate etc. and comparing with chums. I'll usually try a beer first to make sure that a) I like it and b) it hasn't gone bad.

Beer snob pseuds will buy a beer they've never had before, won't bother to try it, then if they don't like it, it'll be because "it's not been kept well" or "it's the end of the barrel" or "cleaning fluid in the lines" when you're drinking the same beer and it is literally none of those things, then they'll moan about what an awful pub it is because they picked a beer they don't like.
  • Fiiish said:

Beer snob pseuds.

As an ale/craft beer aficionado, I like going into pubs and tasting different beers, commenting on flavours, bitterness, hoppiness, palate etc. and comparing with chums. I'll usually try a beer first to make sure that a) I like it and b) it hasn't gone bad.

Beer snob pseuds will buy a beer they've never had before, won't bother to try it, then if they don't like it, it'll be because "it's not been kept well" or "it's the end of the barrel" or "cleaning fluid in the lines" when you're drinking the same beer and it is literally none of those things, then they'll moan about what an awful pub it is because they picked a beer they don't like.

I feel the same about Beer snobs that think cos they drink ale/craft beer, they can look down on people that enjoy a cold bottle of Bud or a pint of Fosters. Im drinking, you're not, so fuck off.
    I'm inclined to agree, nothing wrong with being choosy about what you drink. I used to be a member of CAMRA but gve it up because of ridiculous snobbery like that. You like what you like and I don't see that it's anyone else's business to look down their nose at you for that

I will say that anyone who enjoys carlsberg or carling has something wrong with them though!

I was in a local pub to me the other day, not one that I use a lot and I decided that ale was required so went for a black sheep. The bloke next to me and snorted 'anything except London pride'. Out of pure curiosity I asked him what was wrong with London pride and he didn't answer me just made another derisory snort. What does that even mean???

I guess I'm not cool enough for CAMRA, shame as the guy in his primani gear and matalan trainers looked loads cooler than me
    Dazzler21 said:

people that say sinch rather than sync

I would argue but winning would be sinch so why bother!
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

Fiiish said:

Beer snob pseuds.

I feel the same about Beer snobs that think cos they drink ale/craft beer, they can look down on people that enjoy a cold bottle of Bud or a pint of Fosters. Im drinking, you're not, so fuck off.
    I'm inclined to agree, nothing wrong with being choosy about what you drink. I used to be a member of CAMRA but gve it up because of ridiculous snobbery like that. You like what you like and I don't see that it's anyone else's business to look down their nose at you for that

I will say that anyone who enjoys carlsberg or carling has something wrong with them though!

I was in a local pub to me the other day, not one that I use a lot and I decided that ale was required so went for a black sheep. The bloke next to me and snorted 'anything except London pride'. Out of pure curiosity I asked him what was wrong with London pride and he didn't answer me just made another derisory snort. What does that even mean???

I guess I'm not cool enough for CAMRA, shame as the guy in his primani gear and matalan trainers looked loads cooler than me
    This is can apply to anything. Any interest you have, someone has to outdo you on how obscure or cultured or knowledgeable they are.

I remember going to Vietnam, we did a pagoda tour, there were a number of others with us, a danish girl on a year internship in the danish embassy over there. We were talking over lunch where we had been, where we are going etc, polite banal chit chat. She said something like "you haven't really experienced Vietnam unless you've stayed xhenjchenyti province" (I made that up) but it was some bollocks like that.

What's the point. What are you trying to prove.
  • cabbles said:

Carter said:

Fiiish said:

Beer snob pseuds.

This is can apply to anything. Any interest you have, someone has to outdo you on how obscure or cultured or knowledgeable they are.

I remember going to Vietnam, we did a pagoda tour, there were a number of others with us, a danish girl on a year internship in the danish embassy over there. We were talking over lunch where we had been, where we are going etc, polite banal chit chat. She said something like "you haven't really experienced Vietnam unless you've stayed xhenjchenyti province" (I made that up) but it was some bollocks like that.

Don't get me started on the "traveller than thou" types. The annoy me to hell. They are so smug about visiting some remote hill tribe and think it makes them so down to earth... Yet not realising how condescending they are. If they met a working class person in the UK they would shit themselves.
  • cabbles said:

Carter said:

Fiiish said:

Beer snob pseuds.

People who don't appreciate the wonders of xhenjchenyti province.
    and defecate outside orphanages.
  • or people microwaving fish and then finishing it off with a big bag of veg so the entire kitchen area smells like a great big fishy shit

Use to work with a bloke we called DangeRuss who would have kippers, Uncle Ben rice and Regae Regae sauce on top,, but only on a Tuesday. The blokes in the site canteen would go mad when he started putting that one together
  • cabbles said:

Carter said:

Fiiish said:

Beer snob pseuds.

and defecate outside orphanages.
    People who don't appreciate the wonders of defecating outside orphanages...
  • Student graduation ceremonies, what the feck is all the kissing and cuddles about

Milf central at Leicester uni
  • New Ticket websites
  • MrOneLung said:

Riviera said:

Post match/game/race/fight etc interviews. Utterley pointless cliché ridden drivel.

The boy Riviera, bade his time, before coming in with a devasting two sentence punch and has really made his mark on this thread. However, he will be disappointed at missing that 'accent acute' on the 'e' of cliché.

Not as disappointed as the misspelling of utterly. Couldn't find é on i-phone.
  • Sponsored links:

• They're not still doing that down your way are they? That explains all the logs outside the convents in Silves and Tavira
    Not familiar with that station, spot any good locos?
  • cabbles said:

Carter said:

Fiiish said:

Beer snob pseuds.

Such a great province! But I didn't know how to react. I should've said have you ever been to the Keepmoat on a Tuesday night in January, oh you've never experienced Yorkshire you silly moo

• What's the point. What are you trying to prove.

Such a great province! But I didn't know how to react. I should've said have you ever been to the Keepmoat on a Tuesday night in January, oh you've never experienced Yorkshire you silly moo

We were robbed that night, but seeing the classic British landscape of McDonalds and B&Q more than made up for it, beats anything Nepal has to offer
  • YouTube adverts...Pantene advert before a Gonads video, not done their market research
  • Andrew Castle
  • ads said:

YouTube adverts...Pantene advert before a Gonads video, not done their market research

Screaming out for a Check Em Lads ad that @ads pal ain't it
  • The scouse accent
  • Micro-brewers that are latching onto the real ale revolution, peddling overpriced filth that is no better than a first trial home brew. I'd like to name and shame two of these, Coles of Carmarthen and the appropriately named Hand Made Beer Company. Don't be caught out, both are purveyors of junk. Expensive junk.
  • The 'You're so Money Super Market' advert with the bloke in high heels and shorts,
    Makes me want to fling something at the telly every time it comes on!
    And cackling 'National Treasure' Babs Windsor and her blue balls as well!
  • edited July 2015
    People trying to hurry you up in the gym

People taking too long on one machine in the gym.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!