Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• British people pleased Federer beat Murray.

To be fair, Switzerland is closer than Dunblane if you live in deepest Kent.
  • British people pleased Federer beat Murray.

Nothing to do with his nationality, I just can't stand the geezer, bit like Arsenal in Europe.
  • Shocked at being charge £12.50 for a £124 postal order.

People trying to pay for stuff in a 1970s time warp...

:wink:
  • Shocked at being charge £12.50 for a £124 postal order.

People trying to pay for stuff in a 1970s time warp...

:wink:
    Yeh, I know, it was that or a banker's draft.
  • Having a feeling of almost certainty that this season will not be 'our season'.
  • Getting flagged by the guy above :wink:
  • A work rant. I'm in a small office. Everyone is on tenterhooks to crack a joke or take the piss. I like a bit of banter at work but in this small office environment where people really grate on me, I can't stand it. Everyone's a bloody comedian, the two bosses especially. Nothing, absolutely nothing can be put back on them though. Any jokes at their expense are met with complete contempt because they're not in the mood to joke.

It's basically if one of them is happy, the whole office must share in the happiness. If things are shit and they or one of them is in a bad mood, a sombre atmosphere. Pathetic.
  • cabbles said:

A work rant. I'm in a small office. Everyone is on tenterhooks to crack a joke or take the piss. I like a bit of banter at work but in this small office environment where people really grate on me, I can't stand it. Everyone's a bloody comedian, the two bosses especially. Nothing, absolutely nothing can be put back on them though. Any jokes at their expense are met with complete contempt because they're not in the mood to joke.

It's basically if one of them is happy, the whole office must share in the happiness. If things are shit and they or one of them is in a bad mood, a sombre atmosphere. Pathetic.

Sounds like you need this:

http://www.glitterretribution.co.uk/
  • Fiiish said:

cabbles said:

A work rant. I'm in a small office. Everyone is on tenterhooks to crack a joke or take the piss. I like a bit of banter at work but in this small office environment where people really grate on me, I can't stand it. Everyone's a bloody comedian, the two bosses especially. Nothing, absolutely nothing can be put back on them though. Any jokes at their expense are met with complete contempt because they're not in the mood to joke.

It's mega agitations fiiish. My job is sales. A KPI for sales/us is phone times. I'm not a machine, sometimes my phone times will be low. I've been doing it for 9 years, It's a tedious pursuit. So we get the bollocking blah blah, I know this part of the big play. But what then takes the piss is I get back to my desk and make a conscious effort to get back on the phone, and she (one of the bosses) wants to tell me another stupid anecdote about her 7 god children. Without trying to be rude, I would hope that my lack of response and look of my face suggests I don't give a f***

Still, glitter idea looks good. At £6 a pop though I'd go bankrupt. So many people I'd want to do it too

• Sponsored links:

• @cabbles had a previous boss like that. Loved a joke, wind up, but had to be his joke or wind up.

Can't stand people that can't take what they give, and can't stand people who put it on those that don't give it. Humour bullies

Aye, they're the worst. And the fact that no one says anything means they go into an even more insular bubble of dictatorial comedy genius. The joys of work. Probably why I'm on here all the time
  • cabbles said:

@cabbles had a previous boss like that. Loved a joke, wind up, but had to be his joke or wind up.

Can't stand people that can't take what they give, and can't stand people who put it on those that don't give it. Humour bullies

Aye, they're the worst. And the fact that no one says anything means they go into an even more insular bubble of dictatorial comedy genius. The joys of work. Probably why I'm here all week.
  • cabbles said:

Fiiish said:

cabbles said:

It's mega agitations fiiish. My job is sales. A KPI for sales/us is phone times. I'm not a machine, sometimes my phone times will be low. I've been doing it for 9 years, It's a tedious pursuit. So we get the bollocking blah blah, I know this part of the big play. But what then takes the piss is I get back to my desk and make a conscious effort to get back on the phone, and she (one of the bosses) wants to tell me another stupid anecdote about her 7 god children. Without trying to be rude, I would hope that my lack of response and look of my face suggests I don't give a f***

Still, glitter idea looks good. At £6 a pop though I'd go bankrupt. So many people I'd want to do it too

You want to try working with a manager who has no humour, no anecdotes of his own only second hand ones from "friends"(neither funny or interesting), no interest in his or others work and still thinks he is the font of all knowledge.
    He is the only person I have ever met, when speaking, I have given up in mid sentence and walked away.
    Cabbles you've got it easy, at least your boss is capable of giving a bollocking.
  • edited July 2015

cabbles said:

Fiiish said:

cabbles said:

You want to try working with a manager who has no humour, no anecdotes of his own only second hand ones from "friends"(neither funny or interesting), no interest in his or others work and still thinks he is the font of all knowledge.
    He is the only person I have ever met, when speaking, I have given up in mid sentence and walked away.
    Cabbles you've got it easy, at least your boss is capable of giving a bollocking.
    Oh it was you walked away!

Try living with 4 women. They never listen either!
  • LenGlover said:

cabbles said:

Fiiish said:

cabbles said:

Oh it was you walked away!

Try living with 4 women. They never listen either!
    That would bust my head mate, women are irrational creatures at times.

Maybe irrational is harsh, more illogical
  • Just general shit workplace banter annoys me. The people who try to joke at the smallest things, like the other morning I bought a sandwich into work and someone goes 'Oh thanks for bringing my dinner in haha' except they do it at least twice a week to different people.
  • 'Thanks for popping in'......

Music and headphones pretty much all day at work for me.
  • Fiiish said:

Just general shit workplace banter annoys me. The people who try to joke at the smallest things, like the other morning I bought a sandwich into work and someone goes 'Oh thanks for bringing my dinner in haha' except they do it at least twice a week to different people.

I work with a extreme split of the two. I'm not one who lives for 'bantoooor' but I really enjoy piss taking. It's a sign of affection in my book.

So a good amount if blokes I work with have me in stitches, it's hard to explain how but their humour works.

Others are the type who, if they were your neighbours, would say 'you can do mine next' when washing your car. They take everything personally, as an example if an email gets sent to everyone they react as if it's purely directed at them and them alone. That kind of thing.

With people like that you can't have fun. Even light hearted innuendo is out because they are too thick or don't have the emotional intelligence to interact.

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2015

People on the train still wearing their office/building passes for all to see.

I use to do that with my BBC one, it made up for my Rentokil polo ffs
  • brogib said:

I think everyone knew the BBC was full of rats and cockroaches without you broadcasting it
  • brogib said:

I think everyone knew the BBC was full of rats and cockroaches without you broadcasting it
    Still is
  • brogib said:

brogib said:

Still is
    You don't like the BBC? Do tell us more.

• Redskin said:

brogib said:

brogib said:

Still is
    You don't like the BBC? Do tell us more.

Now then, now then, what could it be........
    That's one very good reason Dave pal
  • people strolling down the left hand side of escalators. if you're not going to move at at least a normal walking pace then get out of my way and stand on the right
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!