Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• cafcfan said:

Carter said:

I'm with you both here

Speed is always going to a factor be it below or above any limits, the same as tyre pressure, braking distance and weather conditions.

My only salvo in regards to speed cameras is where they are placed. There is a couple of accident hotspots I know really well in kent and they don't ever have a copper in a van or a GATSO sited there. But there are loads on roads where people often speed but is probably safer to do so (I'm not defending it before anyone creates) and that is what aggravates me.

A driver can go on a motorway in this country as soon as they pass their test and unless they have made an effort to learn the rules they will probably make it up as they go along. Watch the BBC 3 programme about young drivers and it angers me hugely when they go on motorways and have no idea or confidence in what they are doing. That annoys me because one day they will be swerving into me on my way to a job.

Ignorance/naivety is the problem and the only way to sort it is for the police to have some money put their way to have more officers in cars giving out severe bollockings to bad and unsafe drivers.

I don't need government figures to know this, I see it every single day and one day my luck will run out and a moron on their mobile, a moron undertaking, a moron panicking or a moron just not paying attention will drive into me. And I'd rather the morons were dealt with

I went on a Speed Awareness course a few years back and the copper delivering the course said that certain criteria has to be met before a speed camera can be installed. A particular number of accidents in a period of time. And if after the camera is installed and there are no more accidents within two years they have to disable the camera. They can't be put up just as crafty traps.
    Well, surely, then if the scamera is still there after two years - as almost all are - they are not doing their job as there are still too many accidents at that location? Thus proving they are merely for cash collection.
    I was only really reiterating what I was told and perhaps it is true that they aren't doing their job, but do we know how many accidents they prevented? It's probably idiotic driving to blame in those circumstances and perhaps another solution should be sought. Maybe I'm being naïve, but I still don't think they're there as a cash revenue. They hardly hide them; they're now painted bright yellow for a start and have a warning sign preceding them to warn the driver. If people didn't break the law in the first place there wouldn't be a fine to pay would there?
    It seems it's all down to a concept called "regression to mean". So a bit of road goes along with an entirely normal level of accidents. Suddenly, there's a spike and the road is deemed dangerous and they slap a camera up. The accident figures then go down and the scamera partnership hail it as a success. All that has actually happened is that the bit of road has returned to its usual average level of accidents.
  • re the bamboo, have you tried getting a panda?
  • re the bamboo, have you tried getting a panda?

NEVER buy Italian cars..............
  • Predictive text on my phone always changing what i ducking type!
  • Just got off the phone to someone who used the phrase "actioned" 3 times in 1.5 mins
  • The amount of money cinemas charge!
    just over £20 for my daughter and I for the pictures at Bluewater.
    60p per ticket 'convenience' fee for booking online (which didn't work) or 30p per minute on the phone, with some robotic voice saying "I didn't catch that".. So I gave that up too. For 30p a minute you'd think you'd speak to an actual human being!
    I'll just have to chance my arm on the day.
  • PL54 said:

The knob who thought it would be a good idea to plant some bamboo in his garden 15 years ago sound in the knowledge I'd buy the house it comes with 10 years later - how strong and determined can a plant be !

Have you considered going into the sex industry selling canes?
  • That advert with Sharon Osborne.
  • edited July 2015
    Journalist headlines like: Cavendish ends two year wait for Tour de France Stage win.

The bloody Tour is only on for three weeks per year so its not like it can be months / weeks since his last win, stop being so bloody dramatic with your lousy poor headlines!!

Or stats like... Its been eight matches since Charlton last won away from home... Yes because we've played our last seven at home and that last away win was a 8-0 thumping win over Millwall you twats!!
  • Sponsored links:

• English people pleased Federer beat Murray.

There you are I've fixed it for you,
  • Laying in bed and finding loadsa grit round me ears from an earlier exfoliating session in the shower. Ffs

• Tickets for Rolling Stones exhibition at saatchi gallery being advertised as £21 but then they add £3 'booking fee' EACH ticket and they are print at home tickets.
    Just say they are £24 and make it feel less of a rip off.

Does a Rolling Stones exhibition consist of Jagger , Wood and Richard pickled in formaldehyde ?
  • Yep, too old to play instruments. It's like a living madam taussauds where they just stand in a glass box as people file through.....
  • Lenny Henry snoring his boat off on the telly. Enough!
  • Lenny Henry snoring his boat off on the telly. Enough!

Joining in with those watching his 'comedy'.
  • British people pleased Federer beat Murray.

I don't feel any affiliation to Murray. I think he's a great player, I was pleased he won Wimbledon he deserved it. However I really like Federer, probably my greatest ever player. I really admire the relentless machine like winning mentality and skill. I was happy he beat Murray and hope he wins Wimbledon
  • brogib said:

Laying in bed and finding loadsa grit round me ears from an earlier exfoliating session in the shower. Ffs

Tart !
  • Sponsored links:

• People who think it acceptable to have bonfires on a steaming afternoon. Like now. Windows open, washing on the line, people eating in their gardens, children playing, etc. And some tosser lights a bonfire. Again.

It's illegal before a certain time.
  • People who think it acceptable to have bonfires on a steaming afternoon. Like now. Windows open, washing on the line, people eating in their gardens, children playing, etc. And some tosser lights a bonfire. Again.

If it is or ever was, try and get the police round and tell them to put it I tried once and was told there was nothing they could do.
    I can't understand why there is any need to have garden fires , people should dispose of their rubbish more responsibly.

If it is or ever was, try and get the police round and tell them to put it I tried once and was told there was nothing they could do.
    I can't understand why there is any need to have garden fires , people should dispose of their rubbish more responsibly.
    Maybe there are disposing of any potential evidence
  • Andy Murray's mum.

OK we know she wants to see her boys play and she gets free tickets, but we don't need to see her gurning between every point.
  • Andy Murray's mum.

OK we know she wants to see her boys play and she gets free tickets, but we don't need to see her gurning between every point.

The only thing worse was Tim Henman's dad. Like a posh corpse.
  • brogib said:

Laying in bed and finding loadsa grit round me ears from an earlier exfoliating session in the shower. Ffs

Tart !
    Mmm Flagged. and i was under the impression you has a sense of humour.
  • Shocked at being charge £12.50 for a £124 postal order.
  • brogib said:

Tart !
    Mmm Flagged. and i was under the impression you has a sense of humour.
    ; )
  • Andy Murray's mum.

She's fit.
  • Andy Murray's mum.

I wish I could like that as often as we have to put up with her face - what's wrong with the BBC for God's sake?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!