Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Fiiish said:

To be honest I could not give a flying fig if an English/British competitor does well in athletics/cycling/sailing/rowing. I'm far more inclined to follow the national team if they were doing well in a team sport even if I don't follow that sport. I know that there are team elements of the above sports but it isn't the same as, say, ice hockey, wheelchair rugby, blind football, volleyball etc. It just makes it more interesting for some reason.

Yes - I get that Fiiish, I will cheer on an individual, but team sport is more interesting for some reason.
  • ross1 said:

People on CL, who are rude and insulting about our youth team players, who get to the first team, and are not world class players.

I wished I was as good as some people on here obviously are.
  • Fiiish said:

To be honest I could not give a flying fig if an English/British competitor does well in athletics/cycling/sailing/rowing. I'm far more inclined to follow the national team if they were doing well in a team sport even if I don't follow that sport. I know that there are team elements of the above sports but it isn't the same as, say, ice hockey, wheelchair rugby, blind football, volleyball etc. It just makes it more interesting for some reason.

Yes - I get that Fiiish, I will cheer on an individual, but team sport is more interesting for some reason.
    Having thought about it, the difference between sports I will watch even if I don't follow it (hockey, wheelchair rugby, tennis etc.) and the sports I neither follow nor watch (athletics, cycling, rowing etc.) is that the latter are all basically just competitive exercising. The presence of anyone else there does not actually have a physical (although their is a psychological) impact on your own performance. At least with actual sports, you need to be competing against someone else.
  • Having to run to alarm bells when it's hot.
  • Fiiish said:

In a similar vein: sport commentators who assume that everyone automatically becomes a ManU/ManC/Arsenal/Chelsea fan just because they've made it out of the group stages of some competiton.

I'm a Charlton fan first and foremost, I don't really give a toss what the abovementioned Sky4 are doing.

However, I will watch even some obscure sport like Swamp Buggy Racing if there is a chance of England or GB winning something.

• People that think I'm strange for not enjoying grafting in 39 degrees of heat!

I really DO NOT understand Northern Europeans (and the fella in question is from farkin Donny) who like it this hot.
  • ...Also, when you say it's 39 degrees (celcius) and someone says "so what's that in....." and everyne sits there trying to work it out for the next 5 minutes.

Don't sound that annoying, but I gaurantee that if I said it was 102 in fahrenheit it's gonna be the same pissing carry on.

• ...also, when I'm thinking allowed and I say "What day is it today" and the person I'm with says "Friday"...."all day" wtff all that about
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2015
    I'm guessing now's not a good time to pick out Rob's linguistic faux pas ?
  • Bad day Rob, you ok hun?

Working with novverners in the heat ain't good for your wellbeing pal
  • ....your wellbeing meaning, one's wellbeing
  • Doing a spin class then into the gym for some weights and thinking I'm a bit of an athlete. Then catching myself in the mirror and realising the fact that I'm a fat, bald 47 year old.
  • Doing a spin class then into the gym for some weights and thinking I'm a bit of an athlete. Then catching myself in the mirror and realising the fact that I'm a fat, bald 47 year old.

You must have the same mirror as me

Make the most of it, you could be like me, well I am not fat, nor bald, but I am 70 and I wished I was only 47
  • Sainsburys

Sainsburys

Alan Green

People pronouncing the letter H as “Heych” instead of Aitch.

Southeastern Trains

Badly served bitter

Burger King

Thieves

Insurance

Eastenders

Actors who go on and on about how they support the Labour Party

The Labour Party without Tony Blair as leader

Having not won the Lotto jackpot despite spending over £10k on it

Chris Evans

Pound Shops

Phone Shops

Charity Shops

Modern High Streets

Pub Chains

Restaurant Chains

Paper Chains

Americans

ITV

Cats

Foxes

Energy saving lightbulbs

Kevin Pieterson

David Pleat

Stephen K Amos

Awards Ceremonies

Cold Calls

Cold tea

Tescos

MP’s

Adrian Chiles

The Blackwall Tunnel closure programme

The end of summer

People who approach the traffic lights at Shooters Hill Police Station in Well Hall Road and don’t use the Bus Lane when it is open to all traffic. Ie, after 7pm and on Sundays. They then drive up in the outside lane and try and push in. I do not let anyone in. Get in the right lane! Drive properly. Use the bus lane if it is open to you!!!!!!

And many, many more but they're just off the top of my head.......
    LenGlover said:

Posted By: Stig
    [quote]
    Posted By: Vinnie V.
    [quote]
    Posted By: aliwibble
    [quote]
    Fair enough but i used to work with someone who had a sticker for their 8 year old childs Diabetes. Ridiculous.
    But if it's for someone other than the driver, you're still allowed the badge. You just can't use the spaces etc when they aren't in the car.[/quote]

Yes but to have a badge for Diabetes?[/quote]I'm only guessing, but might that be so that they can park up quickly to get some emergency sugar?[/quote]

Circulation problems can sometimes be a complication of diabetes and they could impair mobility if severe.
    Stig said:

[quote]
    [quote]
    Fair enough but i used to work with someone who had a sticker for their 8 year old childs Diabetes. Ridiculous.
    But if it's for someone other than the driver, you're still allowed the badge. You just can't use the spaces etc when they aren't in the car.[/quote]

Yes but to have a badge for Diabetes?[/quote] I'm only guessing, but might that be so that they can park up quickly to get some emergency sugar?
    LenGlover said:

[quote]
    [quote]
    [quote]

Yes but to have a badge for Diabetes?[/quote]I'm only guessing, but might that be so that they can park up quickly to get some emergency sugar?[/quote]

Circulation problems can sometimes be a complication of diabetes and they could impair mobility if severe.
    LenGlover said:

[quote]
    [quote]
    [quote]

ross1 said:

Doing a spin class then into the gym for some weights and thinking I'm a bit of an athlete. Then catching myself in the mirror and realising the fact that I'm a fat, bald 47 year old.

Make the most of it, you could be like me, well I am not fat, nor bald, but I am 70 and I wished I was only 47
    my mate rich 27 being stopped by m today from pissing on wall at selhurst and being filmed,when all I wanted was a sandwich
  • foxes are ok,and pussy cats but try eating burger king every night when you,re a lorry driver,really try it
  • The expression "won the internet".
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

fans of women's football who continually ask for anyone criticising it not to compare it to the men's game, then whenever they talk about it they come out with 'well they did better than the men' or 'they show more passion than the blokes'.

Very good. I had a similar argument at work. I don't like women's football. That doesn't mean I don't respect what the England team have achieved and hats off to them for getting to the semi finals. It doesn't interest me, I've tried to watch I don't enjoy it. It's my choice. So today at work the chap who has been watching it was eulogising about them etc. I said I don't really follow it so even if they had got to the final and won, I wouldn't have cared one bit, so it would be wrong of me to join in in the celebrations etc. He was all 'that's the wrong attitude etc'

Bizarre. It's the same with rugby union. I don't like it. I think I went shopping for some new clothes the day we won the WC in 2003. No I'm not gonna sit through 80mins of a sport I don't enjoy just because it's England.
    I'm just the opposite - I would watch 90 minutes of handball or elephant polo if it was England or GB in the final.
    Am the same. About 2005 watched GB versus USA in softball championships on Eurosport. No commentary, just a fixed camera and a microphone picking upbthe crowd noise and sound of the game.

We lost.
  • Clare Balding getting every job going at the BBC.

She is ok at the horsey stuff but what the f*ck does she know about tennis? About as much as I do.

Reckon she is odds on for the Top Gear job.

Come on Beeb, give us a break from her.
  • Americans calling Autumn, "fall".
  • The 'Madbid.com' advert, I only keep watching it in the vain hope that just once a huge cartoon Rottweiler will appear and rip that bleedin' postman to bits!
  • The expression "won the internet".

Seeing the expression ''won the internet'' for the first time and not having a clue about what context it could be used in!
  • Clare Balding getting every job going at the BBC.

She is ok at the horsey stuff but what the f*ck does she know about tennis? About as much as I do.

Reckon she is odds on for the Top Gear job.

Come on Beeb, give us a break from her.

As Greg Davies said, she looks like a version of the Queen who could handle herself in a bar fight.
  • Americans calling Autumn, "fall".

Is it just the Americans doing it or don't you like the word? Like so many words that get criticised for being Americanisms (though why they should I don't understand), it is actually English.
  • Landlords whinging about how they have a mortgage to pay on the flat they're renting out. I've been in this place a month and already heard the landlord moan 4 times about it.

I know. I'm paying it for you (and then some).
  • Roads where bus lane rules change every 400 yards. You know - buses only Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm then it changes to every day to 8pm before it becomes alternate Tuesdays and Fridays in months with the letter M in them.
  • People who hog the fast line on a dual carriageway. The M2 is terrible for this.

And this a bit more than 'annoy', but total scum bags who try to steal your motorcycle when you've had it less than a week.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!