Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• ross1 said:

I once worked with a man who at 10.30 exactly, would put his newspaper in his back pocket, his sandwiches in his overall pocket and go and spend at least 15 minutes in the toilet, eating and reading. I was always hoping, someone would go in the trap next door and have a stinking dump

I used to work with someone who did similar

He'd take a brew with him, sandwich and paper. He'd also have the most astonishing, stinking, violent dumps. It made me feel sick thinking about whatever he had in his sandwiches tasting like his disgusting shite.

He genuinely did not see a problem. It wasn't like he was short of places to go and chill out a bit. He just liked eating, reading, shitting and drinking at the same time I guess.

Out of interest does anyone do farts AFTER shitting?
  • cabbles said:

Posh man in kebab shop tonight asks to 'taste the meat'

These people, wherever they are coming from, are ruining the soul of my city. 'Can I taste the meat?????'

I've heard it all now. I felt like confronting him and pointing out we're not at a top London restaurant, we're in Forest Hill/East Dulwich border.

bloody pervert!
  • Carter said:

ross1 said:

I once worked with a man who at 10.30 exactly, would put his newspaper in his back pocket, his sandwiches in his overall pocket and go and spend at least 15 minutes in the toilet, eating and reading. I was always hoping, someone would go in the trap next door and have a stinking dump

He'd take a brew with him, sandwich and paper. He'd also have the most astonishing, stinking, violent dumps. It made me feel sick thinking about whatever he had in his sandwiches tasting like his disgusting shite.

He genuinely did not see a problem. It wasn't like he was short of places to go and chill out a bit. He just liked eating, reading, shitting and drinking at the same time I guess.

Yes mate, it's something of a bugbear with my wife. If I had a pound for every time I've heard "how can you be farting, you've just done a poo" I'd have enough to build an extension for a second toilet.
  • cabbles said:

Posh man in kebab shop tonight asks to 'taste the meat'

These people, wherever they are coming from, are ruining the soul of my city. 'Can I taste the meat?????'

I've heard it all now. I felt like confronting him and pointing out we're not at a top London restaurant, we're in Forest Hill/East Dulwich border.

Maybe he wasn't talking about food.
  • Carter said:

ross1 said:

Yes mate, it's something of a bugbear with my wife. If I had a pound for every time I've heard "how can you be farting, you've just done a poo" I'd have enough to build an extension for a second toilet.
    Glad I'm not alone, I put it down to a renewed sense of confidence
  • Having moved here last year and without wishing to offend any Essex Addicks the thing I find grating to my South East London ear is the ubiquitous "Hi ya" greeting.
  • Having moved here last year and without wishing to offend any Essex Addicks the thing I find grating to my South East London ear is the ubiquitous "Hi ya" greeting.

Like that lanky trump off Pointless, more of a "Heya"

I do that all the time, and I absolutely hate it. Every time I do it I think I lose more manliness, and I wasn't blessed with a great deal to begin with.
  • edited July 2015
    MrLargo said:

LuckyReds said:

Too much information.

If you think those words are bad, imagine what it's like having a conversation the other side of the cubicle door then!

You're getting off lightly compared to the poor guy who thinks the toilets make the perfect social hub.
    Might be of interest to you! http://interestingemailforwards.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/how-to-poop-at-work-bathroom-etiquette.html
    Absolutely brilliant. I read it on my phone when I was having my post lunch meditation.

Worth it if only for the excellent description of 'Bungee Poop' - my absolute pet hate, along with The Jailbreak.

I have a feeling working with the author of this book would be very annoying. Particularly referring to page 10. http://www.griffith.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/94543/workplacefunIdeas-education.pdf

I don't think he'd appreciate my version of 'Workplace fun ideas' that have generally included me being a complete asshole, albeit a funny one.
  • Sponsored links:

• When the butter aint melted enough and ive ripped the slice of bread to absolute shreds.... and then eat a whole lump of butter midway through the vile looking sarnie
  • brogib said:

Having moved here last year and without wishing to offend any Essex Addicks the thing I find grating to my South East London ear is the ubiquitous "Hi ya" greeting.

He comes from Billericay which I understand is a bit posher.
  • brogib said:

Having moved here last year and without wishing to offend any Essex Addicks the thing I find grating to my South East London ear is the ubiquitous "Hi ya" greeting.

He comes from Billericay which I understand is a bit posher.
    And he grew up in Sussex - which is posher still...
  • edited July 2015
    LuckyReds said:

.... Nobody likes me where I work at the moment, it comes down to getting smashed after my second day and not really remembering enough to know what I did wrong - but I am a social lepper. I don't mind that ....

And someone who was on holiday when I made my big arrival has just invited me out for drinks again tonight. Silly silly girl.

Nevermind, they've already gone.
  • cabbles said:

fans of women's football who continually ask for anyone criticising it not to compare it to the men's game, then whenever they talk about it they come out with 'well they did better than the men' or 'they show more passion than the blokes'.

Very good. I had a similar argument at work. I don't like women's football. That doesn't mean I don't respect what the England team have achieved and hats off to them for getting to the semi finals. It doesn't interest me, I've tried to watch I don't enjoy it. It's my choice. So today at work the chap who has been watching it was eulogising about them etc. I said I don't really follow it so even if they had got to the final and won, I wouldn't have cared one bit, so it would be wrong of me to join in in the celebrations etc. He was all 'that's the wrong attitude etc'

Bizarre. It's the same with rugby union. I don't like it. I think I went shopping for some new clothes the day we won the WC in 2003. No I'm not gonna sit through 80mins of a sport I don't enjoy just because it's England.
    I'm just the opposite - I would watch 90 minutes of handball or elephant polo if it was England or GB in the final.
  • cabbles said:

fans of women's football who continually ask for anyone criticising it not to compare it to the men's game, then whenever they talk about it they come out with 'well they did better than the men' or 'they show more passion than the blokes'.

Very good. I had a similar argument at work. I don't like women's football. That doesn't mean I don't respect what the England team have achieved and hats off to them for getting to the semi finals. It doesn't interest me, I've tried to watch I don't enjoy it. It's my choice. So today at work the chap who has been watching it was eulogising about them etc. I said I don't really follow it so even if they had got to the final and won, I wouldn't have cared one bit, so it would be wrong of me to join in in the celebrations etc. He was all 'that's the wrong attitude etc'

Bizarre. It's the same with rugby union. I don't like it. I think I went shopping for some new clothes the day we won the WC in 2003. No I'm not gonna sit through 80mins of a sport I don't enjoy just because it's England.
    I'm just the opposite - I would watch 90 minutes of handball or elephant polo if it was England or GB in the final.
    The thing is we probably are very successful in a number of sports/disciplines that I don't even know about. Take the Olympics, it was brilliant, a great two weeks of my life. We were all proud. Yet I won't go out of my way to seek out the Brownlees and what triathlons they might be running in.

I'm not disagreeing with your stance at all Algarve, if anything I admire it. I just struggle to watch and pretend I am behind the team or sports person if it's a sport I don't like or follow. Feels all too false, for me anyway
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

The thing is we probably are very successful in a number of sports/disciplines that I don't even know about. Take the Olympics, it was brilliant, a great two weeks of my life. We were all proud. Yet I won't go out of my way to seek out the Brownlees and what triathlons they might be running in.

I'm not disagreeing with your stance at all Algarve, if anything I admire it. I just struggle to watch and pretend I am behind the team or sports person if it's a sport I don't like or follow. Feels all too false, for me anyway
    Absolutely no criticism of your opinion either Cabbles, I just enjoy getting behind a GB/England team that might actually win, mainly being a fan of football, cricket and rugby... :smiley:
  • Idiots on trains who can't be bothered putting their bag in the overhead shelves so they splay their legs across the seats to fit their bag between their legs.

These same idiots who want to sit in a middle seat so when you stand up to let them past, half your seat is now occupied by their splayed legs.

Then they start blaring thrash metal through their 2 Bob Aldi headphones...
  • Sponsored links:

• The big sweaty git in the pin stripe suit on the Cannon Street train who doesn't take his ruck sack off and insists on trying to read the Telegraph, and then continues to read it walking up the platform and then faffs around for his Oyster card at the barrier, continues into the street reading the Telegraph where he's hit by an Addison Lee cycle courier who's cycling on the pavement, not wearing a helmet, got his Iphone plugged into his ears and has just jumped a red light.

Apologies if we've done this one.
  • Surely only the first bit of the story annoyed you?

The last bit sounds quality.
  • Sports that have no set start time. Trying to do a schedule of what's on for my mates bar is a pain where boxing and tennis are concerned.
  • It was done a while back on here, but moron drivers are still doing it.
    Indicating right at a roundabout and then going straight on. Just stop it....now.

I thought everyone read CL, so they should know.
  • Sports that have no set start time. Trying to do a schedule of what's on for my mates bar is a pain where boxing and tennis are concerned.

Ah, that would Eurosport you're thinking of, Algarve.

I have a feeling working with the author of this book would be very annoying. Particularly referring to page 10. http://www.griffith.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/94543/workplacefunIdeas-education.pdf

Just had a look at this out of curiosity. I get the feeling David Brent may have been based on this guy. :anguished:
  • cabbles said:

Not going to disagree with you, its up to you what you like. Me on the other hand, I would watch a pudding roll if they stuck an England flag on it.
    What gets my goat is people like you work mate, 'that's the wrong attitude etc' . I suppose in those type peoples world there is only one attitude and opinion that is right.
  • To be honest I could not give a flying fig if an English/British competitor does well in athletics/cycling/sailing/rowing. I'm far more inclined to follow the national team if they were doing well in a team sport even if I don't follow that sport. I know that there are team elements of the above sports but it isn't the same as, say, ice hockey, wheelchair rugby, blind football, volleyball etc. It just makes it more interesting for some reason.
  • cabbles said:

Not going to disagree with you, its up to you what you like. Me on the other hand, I would watch a pudding roll if they stuck an England flag on it.
    What gets my goat is people like you work mate, 'that's the wrong attitude etc' . I suppose in those type peoples world there is only one attitude and opinion that is right.
    As I said to Algarve it is admirable that people can do that when it comes to the national team in say a sport they don't particularly have an active interest in. I just really struggle. My boss is big into his Rugby, I know he won't understand and look at me like a leper when I say to him, 'no I haven't been watching the WC' in October.

I guess there's many variations of this type, some people may have not been interested in the Queen's diamond jubilee because they are Republicans etc. Can't imagine they'd want to be swept up in it and all that.....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!