Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• cabbles said:

MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

People that just stop in front of you on a busy pavement. If you're lost move to the side. I'm already angry and worked up enough on my way to work without the obligatory stoppers, or those that feel the need to zig zag to where they are going rather than walk in a straight line

I think there was a brief experiment somewhere in London not too long ago, with having fast and slow lanes on the pavement, must have not caught on though.

There's a certain category of person, not necessarily fatties, that somehow seem able to dominate the whole pavement - you try and overtake on the left and it's blocked, same again on the right, so eventually you have to walk out into the road (risking life and limb) to get passed. Like Lewis Hamilton taking a diversion up the pit lane just to overtake a back marker.
    These blockers/stoppers or people that can't walk straight plague me. I can guarantee that I will encounter at least 5 or 6 prior to work - thus facilitating an increase in my level of anger prior to the day starting. Another favourite are those that are glued to the mobile whilst walking down the street. Particularly good for me as my route home from work is walking from covent garden to westminster tube. I just wish I had it in me to completely smash the phone out their hands next time they bump into me because they aren't looking where they are going
    The phone thing is beyond annoying. I suggest you carry a samurai and slice their hand off. That will teach them a valuable lesson, and if nothing else, will almost certainly make them think about using the other hand to hold a phone in.
    Being of the older generation, I use my mobile sparingly. I do however like to stroll across London bridge in the peak rush hour, whilst reading my "Daily Telegraph", with outstretched arms. I find it surprising how many people fail to walk round me when I cant see them; so discourteous :-)
  • men who generalise about women in general being of an ilk, instead of saying 'some women annoy me when......'

The summer is here -so let's be a dirty old perve - threads that appear every summer.

• The summer is here -so let's be a dirty old perve - threads that appear every summer.

Can you post some links Suzi?
  • Getting called a dirty old perv for admiring the female form in this grand weather, when I get home from work and turn on the TV and keep seeing trailers for 'Magic Mike XL'
  • Ginger people with dreadlocks
  • cabbles said:

Intermittent mobile coverage shifting from 4 to 3G. I get signed out of here on 3G - angers me.

Also my house and general area is shocking for WIFI. Again exposing me to the perils of 3G.

Buffering on the vinegar strokes?
    @DaveMehmet prob a ref to having a wank above but I'm not familiar to the terminology 'vinegar strokes' please advise
  • Dazzler21 said:

Ginger people with dreadlocks

and Bing ffs...

thanks google:
  • edited July 2015
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Intermittent mobile coverage shifting from 4 to 3G. I get signed out of here on 3G - angers me.

Also my house and general area is shocking for WIFI. Again exposing me to the perils of 3G.

@DaveMehmet prob a ref to having a wank above but I'm not familiar to the terminology 'vinegar strokes' please advise
    The shaft festering root = The Vinegar Bottle

You know the rest.....

Think it's norvvern, maybe Scouse
  • brogib said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

The shaft festering root = The Vinegar Bottle

You know the rest.....

Think it's norvvern, maybe Scouse
    I'm gonna have to look it up brogib.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pre orgasmal point of no return. Got it.

To be fair the original point of my frustration re: 3G and wifi was I get signed out of here when it cuts to 3G. I can't think of one thread or time on here that I could honestly say I'm at the point of the vinegar strokes. If that was the case then I should be banned for being a very odd individual
  • cabbles said:

Pre orgasmal point of no return. Got it.

To be fair the original point of my frustration re: 3G and wifi was I get signed out of here when it cuts to 3G. I can't think of one thread or time on here that I could honestly say I'm at the point of the vinegar strokes. If that was the case then I should be banned for being a very odd individual

Hey, don't shoot the messenger @cabbles pal!

; )
  • Greenie said:

Horse Shit in the road/on the pavement.
    If my mutt curls one out I have to clean it up, why don't horse riders have to clean up after their nags have dropped a load?

Old Bill horses are the worst for this. Especially in pedestrian areas up London like Covent Garden.
    A once prized find, bag it up and take it home. Admittedly a bit awkward on the train, but once you explain to your fellow commuters that you’re going to put it on your tomatoes, I don’t think they’ll bother you any further.
    Yep, I might wait until the temperature gets up to 35 today, and try that on the Cannon Street train. :-)
  • Dazzler21 said:

Cricket and Darts being referred to as 'sports'

True. You can't play sport with a jumper on. Bowls and golf are on that list too.

• "Unmissable Draama" as announced in a broad Aussie accent after each episode of Neighbours ... oops - now where's that 'guilty pleasure' thread?
  • People on a phone conversation moaning how hot they are on the train, like they're the only person Is about to melt.

Just a small observation fellow commuter, but what about taking the jumper off that you have on?

I see a few people with coats or jumpers on. How are they so impervious to the heat!?
    On the train last night, that was probably set to gas mark 5, there was a bloke in his suit and tie. Not a bead of sweat on him!
  • Maybe he was thinking of a cold place
  • edited July 2015

Some of our c*nty fans on Twitter sending Callum Harriot messages like 'take off our shirt and find another club'. I don't think I've ever seen him be disrespectful to Charlton, regardless of his performances (you know the same knobheads were knocking one out when he was scoring for fun and the end of the season before last)

Spot on. I saw that. He's done nothing wrong in fact i would say he's been harshly overlooked yet you get trolls sending him messages like that.

@Kings__Kid
  • The current obsession with Twerking.

Am I the only person who finds it really unattractive?
  • Sponsored links:

• Some of our c*nty fans on Twitter sending Callum Harriot messages like 'take off our shirt and find another club'. I don't think I've ever seen him be disrespectful to Charlton, regardless of his performances (you know the same knobheads were knocking one out when he was scoring for fun and the end of the season before last)

Much maligned player.
  • Too much information.
  • edited July 2015

Too much information.

If you think those words are bad, imagine what it's like having a conversation the other side of the cubicle door then!

You're getting off lightly compared to the poor guy who thinks the toilets make the perfect social hub.
  • LuckyReds said:

Too much information.

If you think those words are bad, imagine what it's like having a conversation the other side of the cubicle door then!

You're getting off lightly compared to the poor guy who thinks the toilets make the perfect social hub.
    Might be of interest to you! http://interestingemailforwards.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/how-to-poop-at-work-bathroom-etiquette.html
  • I have a feeling working with the author of this book would be very annoying. Particularly referring to page 10. http://www.griffith.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/94543/workplacefunIdeas-education.pdf
  • cabbles said:

Ah - I think I have the title for my new album...
  • I once worked with a man who at 10.30 exactly, would put his newspaper in his back pocket, his sandwiches in his overall pocket and go and spend at least 15 minutes in the toilet, eating and reading. I was always hoping, someone would go in the trap next door and have a stinking dump
  • People moaning about the heat
  • Posh man in kebab shop tonight asks to 'taste the meat'

These people, wherever they are coming from, are ruining the soul of my city. 'Can I taste the meat?????'

I've heard it all now. I felt like confronting him and pointing out we're not at a top London restaurant, we're in Forest Hill/East Dulwich border.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!