Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The Greek government....

To be fair they are more or less doing what they told their electorate they would do aren't they? Its the voters who elected them hoping for something unrealistic who are more to blame isn't it? Or are you just thinking their new Government is annoying per se which is fair enough if you are? Now I'm confusing myself. All too easy...
  • The Greek government....

To be fair they are more or less doing what they told their electorate they would do aren't they? Its the voters who elected them hoping for something unrealistic who are more to blame isn't it? Or are you just thinking their new Government is annoying per se which is fair enough if you are? Now I'm confusing myself. All too easy...
    The Greek PM is now asking for a referendum and saying "say no", so if the people vote yes, he can say, "I kept my promise, but you went against my opinion", a complete con-trick
  • People who kit out in full hiking gear - combats, gore tex jacket, hike boots, carbon fibre walking sticks - and then go about 200 metres tops along a flat, paved footpath before stopping.
  • McBobbin said:

People who kit out in full hiking gear - combats, gore tex jacket, hike boots, carbon fibre walking sticks - and then go about 200 metres tops along a flat, paved footpath before stopping.

It's the walking sticks that really get me. Couldn't look like more of a prat if you tried with those in your hands.
  • Comments being edited/deleted this infringing on your freedom of speech
  • McBobbin said:

People who kit out in full hiking gear - combats, gore tex jacket, hike boots, carbon fibre walking sticks - and then go about 200 metres tops along a flat, paved footpath before stopping.

It's the walking sticks that really get me. Couldn't look like more of a prat if you tried with those in your hands.
    Always thought they were selfie sticks.
    Same difference I suppose.
  • Looking a prat is not particularly annoying just amusing. The annoying bit is when they come clickety clack behind you on a path like something out of a HG Wells novel.
  • People liking what you write without 'liking' what you write.
  • People who lead you to believe on Twitter that they are collecting from the airport and ANNOUNCING a new signing, when it turns out we signed him a few days ago.

I find myself nodding in agreement
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

People liking what you write without 'liking' what you write.

I find myself nodding in agreement
    LOL

Good call

;-)

Good call

;-)
    Struggling with the significance of the inverted commas here. If I like what you write (when I understand it) why would I not "like" it? WHAT SORT OF WORLD DO WE INHABIT IF THAT IS EVEN POSSIBLE ? Must be getting old!
    cabbles said:

People that just stop in front of you on a busy pavement. If you're lost move to the side. I'm already angry and worked up enough on my way to work without the obligatory stoppers, or those that feel the need to zig zag to where they are going rather than walk in a straight line

I think there was a brief experiment somewhere in London not too long ago, with having fast and slow lanes on the pavement, must have not caught on though.

There's a certain category of person, not necessarily fatties, that somehow seem able to dominate the whole pavement - you try and overtake on the left and it's blocked, same again on the right, so eventually you have to walk out into the road (risking life and limb) to get passed. Like Lewis Hamilton taking a diversion up the pit lane just to overtake a back marker.
  • MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

People that just stop in front of you on a busy pavement. If you're lost move to the side. I'm already angry and worked up enough on my way to work without the obligatory stoppers, or those that feel the need to zig zag to where they are going rather than walk in a straight line

I think there was a brief experiment somewhere in London not too long ago, with having fast and slow lanes on the pavement, must have not caught on though.

There's a certain category of person, not necessarily fatties, that somehow seem able to dominate the whole pavement - you try and overtake on the left and it's blocked, same again on the right, so eventually you have to walk out into the road (risking life and limb) to get passed. Like Lewis Hamilton taking a diversion up the pit lane just to overtake a back marker.
    These blockers/stoppers or people that can't walk straight plague me. I can guarantee that I will encounter at least 5 or 6 prior to work - thus facilitating an increase in my level of anger prior to the day starting. Another favourite are those that are glued to the mobile whilst walking down the street. Particularly good for me as my route home from work is walking from covent garden to westminster tube. I just wish I had it in me to completely smash the phone out their hands next time they bump into me because they aren't looking where they are going
  • cabbles said:

MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

These blockers/stoppers or people that can't walk straight plague me. I can guarantee that I will encounter at least 5 or 6 prior to work - thus facilitating an increase in my level of anger prior to the day starting. Another favourite are those that are glued to the mobile whilst walking down the street. Particularly good for me as my route home from work is walking from covent garden to westminster tube. I just wish I had it in me to completely smash the phone out their hands next time they bump into me because they aren't looking where they are going
    Ha ha, yes the mobile phone users are a disgrace, and I've also seen people reading books whilst walking along the pavement - I often fantasise about getting a lighter and a can of Lynx and doing a flamethrower at them, anything to shock them out of their self-obsessed trance!

I work near Covent Garden as well - think we get it worse round here, been over to the square mile a few times, people seem to understand the rules a bit better over there.
  • How many people now say 'I like that one better' or 'I like this one best'. You're not American and it doesn't make sense!
  • MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

Ha ha, yes the mobile phone users are a disgrace, and I've also seen people reading books whilst walking along the pavement - I often fantasise about getting a lighter and a can of Lynx and doing a flamethrower at them, anything to shock them out of their self-obsessed trance!

I work near Covent Garden as well - think we get it worse round here, been over to the square mile a few times, people seem to understand the rules a bit better over there.

In general the City doesn't get the worst of the slow walking/walking in the way epidemic. From my experience most people walking around there know where they are off to and are going somewhere for a reason. When you start moving west and hit Covent Garden/Oxford Street areas it just gets horrific as a lot of the people there are tourists or just people ambling about.

I refuse to go to Oxford Street or I just get in a temper.
  • cabbles said:

MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

And when it's raining the blockers/stoppers carry golf umbrellas and somehow manage to walk even slower and take up twice the room.
  • Sponsored links:

Good call

;-)
    Struggling with the significance of the inverted commas here. If I like what you write (when I understand it) why would I not "like" it? WHAT SORT OF WORLD DO WE INHABIT IF THAT IS EVEN POSSIBLE ? Must be getting old!
    What ARTHUR is saying is that it annoys him when people on here say they agree with him or they like his point, but they don't click the 'like' button for his comment. That's why Bedsaddick and McBobbin have done exactly that on this thread as a joke, and I've done the same with McBobbin's comment but with the LOL button.
  • IA said:

People liking what you write without 'liking' what you write.

Good call

;-)
    What ARTHUR is saying is that it annoys him when people on here say they agree with him or they like his point, but they don't click the 'like' button for his comment. That's why Bedsaddick and McBobbin have done exactly that on this thread as a joke, and I've done the same with McBobbin's comment but with the LOL button.
    Like.
  • Tourists - (Not The Tourists with lovely Annie)
    Cheap toilet paper.

• RedPanda said:

How many people now say 'I like that one better' or 'I like this one best'. You're not American and it doesn't make sense!

Out of all the posts on this thread I have to say I like this one best. Succinct and to the point.
  • Drivers who insist on dangling their right arm out of the window as if that is an efficient form of heat radiation.
    Drivers who can't be bothered to signal.
    Tailgaters.

I like this. But not enough to 'like' it.
  • edited June 2015
    cabbles said:

MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

The phone thing is beyond annoying. I suggest you carry a samurai and slice their hand off. That will teach them a valuable lesson, and if nothing else, will almost certainly make them think about using the other hand to hold a phone in.
  • Drivers who insist on dangling their right arm out of the window as if that is an efficient form of heat radiation.
    Tailgaters.

Drivers
    Tailgaters.

Drivers
    Putters
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!