Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Landlords being in my flat
  • 98% of people on Charlton Life.
  • Plastic packaging that electrical components are normally sealed in which are impossible to open
  • PopIcon said:

98% of people on Charlton Life.

Thank you for not including me
  • PopIcon said:

Am I included ?
  • Drivers who insist on dangling their right arm out of the window as if that is an efficient form of heat radiation.
    Drivers who can't be bothered to signal.
    Tailgaters.

Drivers
    Putters
    Irons
  • Drivers who insist on dangling their right arm out of the window as if that is an efficient form of heat radiation.
    Drivers who can't be bothered to signal.
    Tailgaters.

Drivers
    Putters
    Irons
    Wall
  • cabbles said:

MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

People that just stop in front of you on a busy pavement. If you're lost move to the side. I'm already angry and worked up enough on my way to work without the obligatory stoppers, or those that feel the need to zig zag to where they are going rather than walk in a straight line

I think there was a brief experiment somewhere in London not too long ago, with having fast and slow lanes on the pavement, must have not caught on though.

There's a certain category of person, not necessarily fatties, that somehow seem able to dominate the whole pavement - you try and overtake on the left and it's blocked, same again on the right, so eventually you have to walk out into the road (risking life and limb) to get passed. Like Lewis Hamilton taking a diversion up the pit lane just to overtake a back marker.
    These blockers/stoppers or people that can't walk straight plague me. I can guarantee that I will encounter at least 5 or 6 prior to work - thus facilitating an increase in my level of anger prior to the day starting. Another favourite are those that are glued to the mobile whilst walking down the street. Particularly good for me as my route home from work is walking from covent garden to westminster tube. I just wish I had it in me to completely smash the phone out their hands next time they bump into me because they aren't looking where they are going
    The phone thing is beyond annoying. I suggest you carry a samurai and slice their hand off. That will teach them a valuable lesson, and if nothing else, will almost certainly make them think about using the other hand to hold a phone in.
    If I'm honest I just want to do a sort of under arm bowl action and knock it out their hands into the air. A nice swipe as they won't see it coming because they're too fixated on the screen in front. The way I see it is that you have ample time to check you phone on the part of your journey that involves transport. The train, bus - underground even if you have the app that let's you use it - walking along the street is not necessary. Needs people to walk into a lamppost or fall down a manhole, that'd teach em
  • If you bump into them there is a good chance of dislodging the phone. Must be instantly followed up with a "why don't you look where you're going" though.
  • Horse Shit in the road/on the pavement.
    If my mutt curls one out I have to clean it up, why don't horse riders have to clean up after their nags have dropped a load?
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

Horse Shit in the road/on the pavement.
    If my mutt curls one out I have to clean it up, why don't horse riders have to clean up after their nags have dropped a load?

Old Bill horses are the worst for this. Especially in pedestrian areas up London like Covent Garden.
  • PopIcon said:

The other 2%
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

People that just stop in front of you on a busy pavement. If you're lost move to the side. I'm already angry and worked up enough on my way to work without the obligatory stoppers, or those that feel the need to zig zag to where they are going rather than walk in a straight line

I think there was a brief experiment somewhere in London not too long ago, with having fast and slow lanes on the pavement, must have not caught on though.

There's a certain category of person, not necessarily fatties, that somehow seem able to dominate the whole pavement - you try and overtake on the left and it's blocked, same again on the right, so eventually you have to walk out into the road (risking life and limb) to get passed. Like Lewis Hamilton taking a diversion up the pit lane just to overtake a back marker.
    These blockers/stoppers or people that can't walk straight plague me. I can guarantee that I will encounter at least 5 or 6 prior to work - thus facilitating an increase in my level of anger prior to the day starting. Another favourite are those that are glued to the mobile whilst walking down the street. Particularly good for me as my route home from work is walking from covent garden to westminster tube. I just wish I had it in me to completely smash the phone out their hands next time they bump into me because they aren't looking where they are going
    The phone thing is beyond annoying. I suggest you carry a samurai and slice their hand off. That will teach them a valuable lesson, and if nothing else, will almost certainly make them think about using the other hand to hold a phone in.
    If I'm honest I just want to do a sort of under arm bowl action and knock it out their hands into the air. A nice swipe as they won't see it coming because they're too fixated on the screen in front. The way I see it is that you have ample time to check you phone on the part of your journey that involves transport. The train, bus - underground even if you have the app that let's you use it - walking along the street is not necessary. Needs people to walk into a lamppost or fall down a manhole, that'd teach em
    There is another approach.

Carry a rucksack over your right shoulder and when the said offender is about to make contact, hitch the rucksack higher up on your shoulder thereby knocking the phone out of their hands and on to the deck. Of course, you should always apologize profusely while they're picking up their expensive shattered phone from the pavement.

It takes some practice, but it works.
  • Greenie said:

I think this requires more thought Greenie.

I emphathize with you, but think of the size of the bags the riders would have to carry around with them. I, for one would be a bit hesitant to see the sight of say, 30 Police horse riders, swaggering around the street carrying great big bags of horse shit over their shoulders. You only need one of the horses to have a tummy bug and that would take the process into a whole new area.

I'm sure the Health and Safety brigade would have something to say about it too.

After all, it's not as if they can leave it dangling from a branch in Avery Hill Park like some dog owners do.

• Greenie said:

I think this requires more thought Greenie.

I emphathize with you, but think of the size of the bags the riders would have to carry around with them. I, for one would be a bit hesitant to see the sight of say, 30 Police horse riders, swaggering around the street carrying great big bags of horse shit over their shoulders. You only need one of the horses to have a tummy bug and that would take the process into a whole new area.

I'm sure the Health and Safety brigade would have something to say about it too.

After all, it's not as if they can leave it dangling from a branch in Avery Hill Park like some dog owners do.

All very well MaM, but it don't stop me not seeing the horse shit mountain, while texting on my phone, wading through it and messing up my 12 hole DM's.
  • Greenie said:

Old Bill horses are the worst for this. Especially in pedestrian areas up London like Covent Garden.
    A once prized find, bag it up and take it home. Admittedly a bit awkward on the train, but once you explain to your fellow commuters that you’re going to put it on your tomatoes, I don’t think they’ll bother you any further.
  • John Inverdale
  • Rafael Nadal
  • Absolutely spot-on, Fiish. I've been saying the same thing for years. Like a lot of the girls at work. Can't stand any other sport at any other time of the year, but for two weeks only, it's all, 'COME ON, ANDY!'
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

The two weeks a year where everyone who normally hates sport can't stop talking about Wimbledon.

Out of interest why does that annoy you? I think it's great that people who normally wouldn't take an interest in sport get really engaged by it. It only helps the whole industry and helps the atmosphere around the whole event. I would feel incredibly sorry for someone who literally would never watch a bit of sport so good for those that do find at least aspects of it interesting.
  • edited June 2015
    Cricket and Darts being referred to as 'sports'
  • Cricket is clearly a sport. Get real Dazzler. Ten pin bowling you can add to your darts analogy.
  • Cricket a sport? you break for a full on lunch and tea... then go and continue your game!
    You also get this guy playing at the international stage....
  • Fiiish said:

Profile pictures at work. Can't recognise half the staff on the Intranet because they used an overly photoshopped, overly filtered professional photo. I just uploaded a photo of Lawrie Wilson and no one's noticed.

The Lawrie Wilson dressed as Little Bo Peep photo?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Cricket a sport? you break for a full on lunch and tea... then go and continue your game!
    You also get this guy playing at the international stage....

That was a worldy of a catch, I remember that one clearly. A young lad was the bowler
  • Fiiish said:

The two weeks a year where everyone who normally hates sport can't stop talking about Wimbledon.

Out of interest why does that annoy you? I think it's great that people who normally wouldn't take an interest in sport get really engaged by it. It only helps the whole industry and helps the atmosphere around the whole event. I would feel incredibly sorry for someone who literally would never watch a bit of sport so good for those that do find at least aspects of it interesting.
    This annoys me too. That's the beauty of sport. To captivate people, to encourage interest and atmosphere. How many kids will be playing tennis in the coming weeks because of it being on the telly. How many kids will be playing cricket in the next few weeks too.

I remember when I first got into cricket (2005 due to meeting some bloke who liked it) and some people on here were so precious about it - it was if they invented it!

Free screens, free events with food and drink, bring it all on!
  • He thought it was a white chocolate terry's orange.
  • Not putting sun cream on my swede
  • edited June 2015

Fiiish said:

This annoys me too. That's the beauty of sport. To captivate people, to encourage interest and atmosphere. How many kids will be playing tennis in the coming weeks because of it being on the telly. How many kids will be playing cricket in the next few weeks too.

I remember when I first got into cricket (2005 due to meeting some bloke who liked it) and some people on here were so precious about it - it was if they invented it!

Free screens, free events with food and drink, bring it all on!
    I really enjoy Wimbledon. So what if a few non-sporties get involved. In that way its a microcosm of the Olympics.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!