Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• I agree it's nice that people otherwise not engaged in sport take an interest in Wimbledon, however the truth is, that for some reason, any number of people - and for the purposes of this experiment, let's call them "women" ( sorry, but it tends to be the case ) - who are the ones top of the moaning tree when the Euros or the World Cup are on, are suddenly quite happy to have a sport on for nine hours on one side and over four hours on the other side AT THE SAME TIME.

I would also have more respect for them if they took even the remotest interest in the game for the rest of the year, but unless Andy Murray reaches a grand slam final, they don't even know what tournaments are taking place.

This, mainly. I can't really explain why it gets on my tits so much. I honestly think that if it wasn't for the whole champagne, strawberries and cream and fashion/dress code aspects of it most of the fair weather fans wouldn't give a toss, otherwise.
  • Rafael Nadal

Rafael Nadal picking at his bum all game. Yuk.
  • Rafael Nadal

Rafael Nadal picking at his bum all game. Yuk.
    He should hire Gonzalo Jara for that.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Cricket a sport? you break for a full on lunch and tea... then go and continue your game!
    You also get this guy playing at the international stage....

So you think they should play for 7 hours without a break and food and water?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Cricket a sport? you break for a full on lunch and tea... then go and continue your game!

You could find a picture of a fat bloke from most sports doesn't mean it's not a sport. Of course cricket is a sport . With darts you may have an argument.
  • the Greek government.
  • Carter said:

Dazzler21 said:

That was a worldy of a catch, I remember that one clearly. A young lad was the bowler
    is the sport scotch egg diving and eating
  • This doesn't annoy me, more it confuses me.

So when you're waiting at a station during rushhour, say at a terminus like Cannon Street at 5pm, and you know your train is going to be on platform 1, why do people then wait at the front of the platform where the front of the train is going to arrive knowing full well that that part of the train will be packed?

They stand there for 10 minutes before the train leaves and don't bother walking up to the other end of the platform where you can have a seat and there is more space.

Do people really suffer for 30 minutes in a hot, stuffy carriage for the sake of saving 40 seconds of walking at the end station?

Answers please.
  • My inability to have two pints, and leave it at two pints.
  • Sponsored links:

• @cafcnick1992 are you 22/23 and just referred to Cannon St as a terminus?

No one uses the word 'terminus'. Even really old people (40+)
  • 41 degrees

Yes, get your transport jargon right, you'll never get with it on here

I still think queer means strange
  • Well as we say in the catering industry, there's nowt as queer as forks

I still think queer means strange
    I remember when Gay meant homosexual now it just means something is rubbish. The world has indeed gone mad.

FFS missed this - would've jumped all over it had I known there was potential for any drunken ramblings tonight.

Judging by your comments that followed though seems like Charlton Life is safe for tonight.

I will spend the next 10mins though trawling through the other threads to see if there are any golden nuggets :wink:
  • Why does the women's football coverage seem to be going the way of the men's with so-called experts spouting cobblers in the build-up and aftermath? Let's not pretend it's something it ain't. They even seem to have found a bollox-speaker called Dowie. Gawd preserve us- but I concede she is better looking than the original! Not hard, I'll grant you...

• I agree it's nice that people otherwise not engaged in sport take an interest in Wimbledon, however the truth is, that for some reason, any number of people - and for the purposes of this experiment, let's call them "women" ( sorry, but it tends to be the case ) - who are the ones top of the moaning tree when the Euros or the World Cup are on, are suddenly quite happy to have a sport on for nine hours on one side and over four hours on the other side AT THE SAME TIME.

I would also have more respect for them if they took even the remotest interest in the game for the rest of the year, but unless Andy Murray reaches a grand slam final, they don't even know what tournaments are taking place.

Typically the same women who copy the whole 'rugby players don't dive and they are the most respectful people walking the earth compared to footballers' nonsense theory they have heard from someone else and then regurgitate it as their own opinion even though they don't watch either Football or Rugby in truth.
  • McBobbin said:

Barack Obama calling sir David Attenborough "David Attenborrow". That's basically sacrilege

Americans struggle with "Borough" and "Brough" - an English kid in my team is a Boro fan and the American boy on our team read the badge on his shirt and said, "Middlesbruff - who the hell are they?"

My inability to have two pints, and leave it at two pints.

Amen to that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Intermittent mobile coverage shifting from 4 to 3G. I get signed out of here on 3G - angers me.

Also my house and general area is shocking for WIFI. Again exposing me to the perils of 3G.

I've had one pint (and one pint only) on each of the last two days. I'm wondering whether it is more than 20 years or more than 30 years in my life since this last occurred.
  • cabbles said:

Intermittent mobile coverage shifting from 4 to 3G. I get signed out of here on 3G - angers me.

Also my house and general area is shocking for WIFI. Again exposing me to the perils of 3G.

First World Problems

"the perils of 3G" ffs
  • McBobbin said:

Barack Obama calling sir David Attenborough "David Attenborrow". That's basically sacrilege

Americans struggle with "Borough" and "Brough" - an English kid in my team is a Boro fan and the American boy on our team read the badge on his shirt and said, "Middlesbruff - who the hell are they?"<blockquote

The old classic tale is the two septics on a train asking if it stopped at loogabarrooga. Obviously, the meant Loughborough.

I'm sure I'm just as bad with foreign place names, but still...

As long as it's pints of vodka then i think you're doing very well.
  • edited July 2015
    People on a phone conversation moaning how hot they are on the train, like they're the only person Is about to melt.

Just a small observation fellow commuter, but what about taking the jumper off that you have on?
  • edited July 2015
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Americans struggle with "Borough" and "Brough" - an English kid in my team is a Boro fan and the American boy on our team read the badge on his shirt and said, "Middlesbruff - who the hell are they?"
    Yeah I'm crap with foreign place names, but we supposedly speak the same language as the Yanks. If they spent more time learning to read and write and less time simplifying the spelling of words like"gaol" and "colour" then they'd know how to say Peterborough.
  • cabbles said:

Intermittent mobile coverage shifting from 4 to 3G. I get signed out of here on 3G - angers me.

Buffering on the vinegar strokes?
  • MrLargo said:

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Yeah I'm crap with foreign place names, but we supposedly speak the same language as the Yanks. If they spent more time learning to read and write and less time simplifying the spelling of words like"gaol" and "colour" then they'd know how to say Peterborough.
    Was it Mark Twain who said "The Americans and English are divided by a common language" ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!