Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• I've suddenly noticed an increase of plonkers using their iPad as an iPod! Now that looks almost as stupid as people taking photos on they iPads.
  • edited May 2015
    My wife's definition of 'tidying up.'

If it belongs to her it is allowed to stay exactly where she put it if it belongs to me it will be moved and placed in an infinite number of totally illogical locations.

Which is fine until, through illness and resulting fatigue, I break my usual habit of finding everything the night before because I know what she is like after 30 plus years and am then late the following morning because of the stress of trying to find things I need!

The rest of them forget that actually I live in my house too and thus might reasonably be allowed to have a few of my things visible and easily accessible.
    LenGlover said:

If it belongs to her it is allowed to stay exactly where she put it if it belongs to me it will be moved and placed in an infinite number of totally illogical locations.

Which is fine until, through illness and resulting fatigue, I break my usual habit of finding everything the night before because I know what she is like after 30 plus years and am then late the following morning because of the stress of trying to find things I need!

The rest of them forget that actually I live in my house too and thus might reasonably be allowed to have a few of my things visible and easily accessible.

You mean to tell me it doesn't get any better? Fourteen years with Mrs AUN (though in our first year of marriage) and my life is like this now. I thought I could train her but you've wrecked that hope.
  • LenGlover said:

Bit like our house, where something will be on the side for months and when you need it, it;s gone and no one else ever see it in the first place
  • Chinese food.
    I would vote for a party that standardises all menus nationally. No, in fact, internationally.

All menus should have the same number for each of all the standard dishes.
    Fried Rice=3 Chicken and cashew nuts =14 Singapore noodles = 36 (extra chilly=37)

If they want to add some fancy local speciality then that's fine - tack it on to the end.

But otherwise I every hard working family around the world to be able to phone or visit any chinese restaurant in say, Downham or Dubai and ask for a set of numbers memorised over many years.
  • Morris dancers walking home past my window after a show.
    One by one. In drips and drabs.
    All with their feckin bells still on.

Move away as a group or better still, take you bells off before you leave the arena!
  • Chinese food.
    I would vote for a party that standardises all menus nationally. No, in fact, internationally.

Fried Rice=3 Chicken and cashew nuts =14 Singapore noodles = 36 (extra chilly=37)

If they want to add some fancy local speciality then that's fine - tack it on to the end.

But otherwise I every hard working family around the world to be able to phone or visit any chinese restaurant in say, Downham or Dubai and ask for a set of numbers memorised over many years.

Or you could just tell them what you want?
  • edited May 2015

Chinese food.

Or you could just tell them what you want?
    Oh yes. Never thought of that. That works too.

But my way would unite people of all races and colours, rich and poor in a worldwide unified food ordering system.

Think of the joy this would bring, how many inter- nation conversations will be initiated in train and bus stations around the world, in hotels and hostels. It could well create a shared love strong enough to bring and end to war.
  • LenGlover said:

Agreed. My wallet, keys, watch etc get placed on the kitchen table when I get in. Tidy mind, in the corner. All this of course has to be moved to a tidier place. Such places are of course completely unknown to me and yes, it always makes me late or delays me the next morning
  • Paper tissues. They simply aren't strong enough to hold a grown man's sneeze. They are too small, too flimsy and all too often end up blowing about in the streets, either dropped by feckless tissue-boys or blown from the bin due to their lightweight nature. Worst of all though, if you've ever seen one used in direct sunlight you'll have noticed that they fill the air with millions of mucus-coated gossamer filaments. They are absolute filth. Give me a good old pocket full of snot any day.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2015

LenGlover said:

You mean to tell me it doesn't get any better? Fourteen years with Mrs AUN (though in our first year of marriage) and my life is like this now. I thought I could train her but you've wrecked that hope.
    I've been living with Mrs Fiiish for 3 years now and I've already given up the fight to keep things I need daily access to in my preferred places, although 90% of all bathroom shelf space is reserved for various ginger & cranberry & aloe vera snake oils that are apparently worth 20 quid a bottle. I get a bar of soap, a toothbrush and a razor, think some prisons give more to their prisoners than I get!
  • people that use the word 'like' before/after every sentence. I'm sure this has been done before. Especially if that person is in a working environment and sounds 'like' she from the ghetto, you get me!

Does my nut in
  • cabbles said:

people that use the word 'like' before/after every sentence. I'm sure this has been done before. Especially if that person is in a working environment and sounds 'like' she from the ghetto, you get me!

Does my nut in

Me too, like
  • brogib said:

cabbles said:

people that use the word 'like' before/after every sentence. I'm sure this has been done before. Especially if that person is in a working environment and sounds 'like' she from the ghetto, you get me!

Does my nut in

Me too, like
    Yeah, like, it so does...

Move away as a group or better still, take you bells off before you leave the arena!

Even worse when they all get on the bus!!!! 30 minute journey with then jingling every 2 seconds, it really fucked me off.
  • Are we to assume from your profile picture that this is what happened to you Mr L? :smile:

Lol, took quite a few sessions but I'm cured now!
  • Sponsored links:

Even worse when they all get on the bus!!!! 30 minute journey with then jingling every 2 seconds, it really fucked me off.
    No different really when the bell gets pressed on the bus not once but by everyone who wants to get off at the next stop...

FFS... the bus driver gets it... People want to get off at the next stop, he's not just going to automatically pull away cos the only person to press the bell has got off!!

No different really when the bell gets pressed on the bus not once but by everyone who wants to get off at the next stop...

FFS... the bus driver gets it... People want to get off at the next stop, he's not just going to automatically pull away cos the only person to press the bell has got off!!
    Quite agree, and equally when people ring the bell when a bus gets to its terminal stop.

Quite agree, and equally when people ring the bell when a bus gets to its terminal stop.

What if you're like me and don't ride the peasant-wagon enough to realise the next stop is the terminal stop?
  • Fiiish said:

Morris dancers walking home past my window after a show.

What if you're like me and don't ride the peasant-wagon enough to realise the next stop is the terminal stop?
    By reading the destination board? However, assuming that your assertion is correct, every month, the 99 to Woolwich carries literally hundreds of people who have never used it before .
  • Fiiish said:

By reading the destination board? However, assuming that your assertion is correct, every month, the 99 to Woolwich carries literally hundreds of people who have never used it before .
    Depending on what part of the country you're in, if the destination board is also the name of the town you want to go to, that town will probably have several bus stops before it gets to the final stop.
  • the new google maps is currently unfuriating me
  • Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Depending on what part of the country you're in, if the destination board is also the name of the town you want to go to, that town will probably have several bus stops before it gets to the final stop.
    But I'm not in a town in another part of the country - I gave you my example. If I go to another part of the country, I won't let it annoy me.

That really fucks me off, but I stew quietly in my seat about it. I'd love to punch every fucker that does that after the first person has rung the bell. MASSIVE pet hate.
  • When online betting companies take your money as a new customer but as soon as you win and withdraw they need copies of every piece of info under the sun.

That really fucks me off, but I stew quietly in my seat about it. I'd love to punch every fucker that does that after the first person has rung the bell. MASSIVE pet hate.
    What makes it worse is that on London buses the sign saying 'Bus Stopping' lights up so why do people do it?.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!