Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LATEST POLL: The MK Dons debate

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]This is about MK Dons.

Guys.

Say's you and whose army : -)
  • Options
    A few K's fans do, of course, a lot don't, but the '85 comparison is false
  • Options
    Yes, while I don't like the idea of franchise football there are far worse abuses out there - the buying up of the Premiership for one.

Should we refuse to play in the Premier League if we get promoted?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Not fussed feck all to do with me i didnt make them move but i would like to see their ground and watch the match

I'm with NLA on this one.

The old Wimbledon died when it went into administration and most of it's players were sold off. It's not like MK Dons are Wimbledon by another name, so much has changed since then.

Time to move on.
  • Options
    Er, the "old" Wimbledon are alive and well and playing in the Ryman League play-off this weekend.

MK Dons stole their place. They should always be treated as a leper club, because some day it could happen to us. Just like it nearly did 20 years ago.
  • Options
    So I take it the 'get over it crowd' would be the same if we were moved 70 miles?
  • Options
    you can watch the old wimbledon on nutts tv quite amusing Tery burton is their boss is this old footage or upto date i even saw Marcus gayle up front for them i am sure he played in the world cup
  • Options
    Franchise garbage, a pillar of the direction football is flying in
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]So I take it the 'get over it crowd' would be the same if we were moved 70 miles?

Very good point rothko, how forgiving would they be.
    I can excuse the views of newer, post Valley return fans but some older fans who went through the Selhurst & Upton park days should be embarassed to side with them or to wish them any luck whatsoever, not blaming the MK dons fans, but that club and what it stands for can go rot.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]So I take it the 'get over it crowd' would be the same if we were moved 70 miles?

Would you sooner we went out of business alltogether?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite] Tery burton is their boss

was my youth coach for 3 years, smashing fella.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]

Would you sooner we went out of business all together?

Would it be the same club if were playing in Bishops Storford or Ashford?

I'll be watching the Charlton version of AFCW
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

That my point. After the administrators had finished with them there was hardly anything left of old wimbledon. MK Dons are effectivly a different team.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    the problem being for me is the Merton Council part i hold them more to blame than the chairman. I agree it dosent sit right but i think the youth that have grown up with the MK dons deserve their own footie club too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

That my point. After the administrators had finished with them there was hardly anything left of old wimbledon. MK Dons are effectivly a different team.

Who took an undeserved league place, moved to a ground 70-80 miles away to effectively kill off their loyal fan base and even had the cheek to use the abbreviated Dons part of WimbleDONS name.
    Feasting on a dead carcass, and winkleman looks like a wrong un as well in my opinion.
  • Options
    Perhaps if MK Dons were boycotted, the youth might learn something.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Perhaps if MK Dons were boycotted, the youth might learn something.

Well said
  • Options
    Perhaps if those of us spouting off about boycotts on here were as vociferous when we signed McCleod from MK in the first place I would value your anger more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]Perhaps if those of us spouting off about boycotts on here were as vociferous when we signed McCleod from MK in the first place I would value your anger more.

And those who are shouting for Ince as manager
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]Perhaps if those of us spouting off about boycotts on here were as vociferous when we signed McCleod from MK in the first place I would value your anger more.

What's that got to do with it? We can do something about an MK Dons friendly. What were we meant to do against McLeod? Turn our backs on him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ince would be great, as it was screw up the franchise
  • Options
    What has the chances of success got to do with making your feelings known? If you have strong convictions about something then the fact that nobody will listen should not stop you.
  • Options
    And we could stop Charlton signing McCloud? How would we do that? Charlton listened to the fans with regard to the friendly but I am not convinced they would do the same with the signing of a player. However, you may be right and we should have tried as a group of fans to stop money going into the pockets of Franchise FC.

The fact remains that the club was uprooted from it's fanbase and despite protests from the fans and many other supporter groups it still went ahead. Perhaps naively, I still think that a club should belong to the fans and the local community, even in these days of Sky and the Premiership.
  • Options
    I certainly remember being narked when we gave them £1m quid for him, but you do need to pick the right battles
  • Options
    Some of you appear to want your eskimo boat warmed up but as you should all know ' you cant have your kayak and heat it'
  • Options
    ' you cant have your kayak and heat it'

Aaaaargh!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Some of you appear to want your eskimo boat warmed up but as you should all know ' you cant have your kayak and heat it'

RED CARD
  • Options
    Sorry
  • Options
    merton council tried to get wimbledon back playing in merton pu an appropriate site wasn't found, and before you say plough lane that was sold many yrs ago to a supermarket chain but planning permission was refused and now "luxury" flats are being built there
  • Options
    And they turned down AFCW moving to Tooting's ground in Merton