Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is your favourite ever player ?

Comments

• it was Rodney Green did not play many games in the first team if i am right
  • Favourite player
    Toss up between
    Scott Parker never been the same since he left.
    Len Glover super skills what would he be worth today.
    Peter Reeves very underrated defender in my opinion.
    John Humphrey could outrun anyone on the overlap quality.
    Colin Walsh could open up a defence without thinking twice - still dream about a cross to Jim Melrose in the playoffs between two central defenders sublime moment.
    I could go on Curbs had some great players who had real quality if we are honest with ourselves best squads we have ever had.
    Regards
  • Derek Hales. Followed closely by Colin Powell, Nicky Johns and Keith Peacock.
  • Thrum
    Would really complete our team at moment
  • Johnny Robinson. So much passion and determination.
  • 1. Derek Hales
    2. Clive Mendonca
    3. Andy Hunt
  • 3 way tie
    Johnny Robinson
    Killer
    Superclive
  • Derek Hales
    Nicky Johns
    Kishishev
  • As I never saw enough of Hales, Flanagan, Peacock etc live to fairly judge them, a shortlist would include Robert Lee, Kinsella and Scott Parker, with honourable mentions to Colin Walsh, Scott Minto (I have a soft spot for the 91/92 team), Johnny Robinson, Super Clive and Scott Parker
  • Superclive. Hales. Bob curtis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ledge said:

Morts end of no contest

no end of Derek Hales by a country mile but the best player ever at Charlton has to be Roland Dur whatever his name
  • Killer all day long.
  • First season was 94/95. Has to be David Whyte.
  • Has to be Kinsella. Symbolised Charlton's greatest era since Jimmy Seed's time.
  • Allan Simonsen - THE best player ever to wear a Charlton shirt.

Bob Curtis - Charlton through and through, style on and off the pitch, happy to play anywhere and like most players of that era, wasn't with us for the money. Sadly taken from us far too early.
  • Yann Kermorgant
  • Scotty Parker.
  • Powell...Colin. He made Derek Hales
  • Mark aizlewood
  • Sponsored links:

• Shaun Newton, oh for a winger that could beat players in our team now!
  • Mike Bailey, he of the barrel chest. But I can't leave out Killer, aaaaaaaabsolute legend.
  • Too many to choose from but, Paul Walsh and Derek Hales when i first started going, then Terry Naylor, Carl Harris, jImmy Melrose, Johnny Robinson, Mark Kinsella, Scott Parker, Paulo Di Caneo, and now probably Johnny Jackson.
  • Early days Johnny Summers, Stuart Leary and Eddie Firmani.
    Derek Hales Clive Mendonca and Chris Powell
  • Favourite - Killer

Best - Lee, Parker and Mendonca
  • Robbo
    Loved the man
  • edited November 2015
    colin1961 said:

Can only be one player best player ever seen at Charlton
    Allan Simonson

Colin, the thread is "your favourite player" it's not "best player ever seen at Charlton". Because that would include George Best, Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Thierry Henry, Nat Lofthouse, Stanley Matthews...

(But thanks anyway Colin)
  • Can't look far beyond the two C. Powells - each among the best of their eras on the pitch, but at the absolute top off it.
  • Killer for me,many great players but he was always something extra special.