Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is your favourite ever player ?

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]If we're talking non - Charlton, it has to be George Best. I watched a documentary about him again last night. The guy was an absolute footballing genius.

The guy was a waste of oxygen.

Fave Charlton Players - John Robinson / Paolo Di Canio.
    Fave non CAFC player - Maradona.

George Best was a waste of Oxygen? On what basis? I'm assuming it's his alcoholism (as his footballing talent is surely beyond question?) which makes your choice of a junk food addicted cheating cokehead a perfectly logical one...
  • George Best was an alcoholic womaniser who won bugger all in football and wasted a second chance at life.

Maradona wasn't a role model. However he was a great footballer who won major honours across the world.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]George Best was an alcoholic womaniser who won bugger all in football and wasted a second chance at life.

Maradona wasn't a role model. However he was a great footballer who won major honours across the world.[/quote]

well i watched the above mentioned programme and i'm pretty certain he won trophies
  • [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]George Best was an alcoholic womaniser who won bugger all in football and wasted a second chance at life.

Maradona wasn't a role model. However he was a great footballer who won major honours across the world.

I don't call a European Cup "bugger all"

Internationally he was "unlucky" in that Northern Ireland weren't up to much.
  • That was in the days when the European Cup was a mickey mouse trophy to be fair. The World Cup will always be the World Cup.

Maradona won trophies in Spain, Italy and Argentina, plus the world cup.
  • the european cup was never a mickey mouse trophy...you could only enter it as your countries league winner or the european cup holder unlike todays champions league chuff where you can finish as low as the second team in scotland and qualify for it!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]That was in the days when the European Cup was a mickey mouse trophy to be fair.

That was in the days when to play in the European Cup you actually had to win your league, not finish so far off that you were closer to a relegation place. If anything it's a mickey mouse trophy in its current format, just that it is now a massive money making machine.
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]
    Dick Tydeman was interesting as a footballer

Dick Tydeman was useless as a footballer if you ask me.
    But then it's a game of opinions!
  • [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]George Best was an alcoholic womaniser who won bugger all in football and wasted a second chance at life.
    And a footballing genius which I thought was the point of all this. I didn't realise we were going to add an off-field moral dimension.
  • he has no hair steve gritt
  • Sponsored links:

• I seem to change my mind regularly on this, but I'd have to say Richard Rufus I think.
    One of our own, classy player, classy bloke. Always gave 100% and should have got an England call up.
    And if it hadn't been for his equaliser near the end of the Wembley game, things could have been very different
  • George Best - "Waste of oxygen"

Oh please, Best was a bloke who brought pleasure to millions of people with his talent and was also, off the field, one of the most approachable, likeable and humble "superstars" that you will ever meet.

What a terrible, terrible thing to say, you obviously have little understanding about the nature of alcoholism.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]George Best - "Waste of oxygen"

Oh please, Best was a bloke who brought pleasure to millions of people with his talent and was also, off the field, one of the most approachable, likeable and humble "superstars" that you will ever meet.

What a terrible, terrible thing to say, you obviously have little understanding about the nature of alcoholism.

Sorry CunningStunt but you are one big hypocrite who I believe most of the time posts just to create controversy - You mug George Best off for being an alcoholic but you support Pete Doherty to the hilt even though he is a junkie.

At least be consistent.
  • Mark Kinsella Captain fantastic. A true Charlton legend.
  • Stuart Leary.......different class....no one better has ever put on Charlton shirt.
  • Not Semedo!

Di Canio for me.
  • yh definitely leary for me absolutely quality
  • McBobbin said:

Powell

Chris or Colin?
  • Sponsored links:

• Robert Lee
  • Derek Hales very closely followed by Nicky Johns
  • edited August 2012
    First fav player as a kid was Andy Peake. Webster in the wilderness years and Mark Robson and Kinsella.
    But think my all time fav is Clive. Just loved him and still do!
  • Darren bent
  • As a youngster Parker was my first real footballing hero same with Bent. But overall it's got to be Raul, just love the man!
  • For talent and the main thing that drew me in as a 12 year old rebelling against my dads influence, see my name! For consistency and the player that always made me feel we'd be ok and be competitive, Parker.
  • Paul Mortimer. Genius.
  • LenGlover said:

McBobbin said:

Powell

Chris or Colin?
    Good point Len... Chris. Colin was before my time, but he keeps a mean pitch
  • Bob Curtis and Bambi on Ice, also known as Martin Pringle
  • Read every post with great interest. Been a regular at The Valley since 1961. For me the answer after great deliberation is Richard Rufus. Was awesome for us and should have been capped.