Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is your favourite ever player ?

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
My favourite ever player is Dean Kiely. Im only 16 so i never saw the likes of derek hales bartram etc . Who is yourss ?

Comments

• Derek Hales.....Legend
  • Ruben Agboola - 90 minutes of sheer class.
  • Scott Parker.............the guy was a genius, although he left under a dark cloud, the fact that he came through the youth team, and the way he filled Kinsella's position, once he left we never looked the same team, he was a class act
  • edited September 2007
    Morts - Great to watch him turn people in side and out....End product wasnt always brilliant but he could always threaten to pull something out of the bag
  • Morts end of no contest
  • I too am too young for the likes of Hales and I'd have to go for Super Clive.

I thought when we signed him it was a real turning point for the club and I remember being genuinely excited by a Charlton signing for the first time in a long time. My favourite years watching Charlton were epitomised by the commitment of the likes of Kinsella, Robinson and Brown who are all deservedly referred to on a regular basis as an example as to what a Charlton player should be. For me though the icing on the cake of those years was the class and finishing of Mendonca.

Top that off with THAT hat-trick on THAT day and you have my favourite player to have pulled on the shirt!
  • Richard Ruthless for me, proper Centre half a better one I have yet to see put on the Red Shirt.
  • Rothko
  • Sponsored links:

• Dennis Rommedahl

Martin Robinson.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite][strike]Dennis Rommedahl[/strike]

Martin Robinson.

Reminded me of ET did Martin Robinson.

A very underrated player in my opinion.

My username rather gives it away for my favourite player!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite][strike]Dennis Rommedahl[/strike]

Martin Robinson.

Wot, no mention of Kish?? Must be a close second, surely?

Agree Robbo (the first - of my era, anyway) was under-rated - we always looked much more creative when he played.
  • Alan Campbell was my first favourite

But overall it has to be Killer
  • Chrissy Powell!!

or Kinsella

or Rufus

or Mendonca

f##k i can't decide....
  • i am stuck on this one,

kinsella shades it for me -he loves CAFC as much as we do.
  • edited September 2007
    Kinsella

Not only the best player at the club in his prime but a great leader with an affinity with the fans only matched by Powell and Deano in the last 15 years.
  • [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]i am stuck on this one,

kinsella shades it for me -he loves CAFC as much as we do.

He quite likes Colchester, too, though ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite][strike]Dennis Rommedahl[/strike]

Martin Robinson.

Wot, no mention of Kish?? Must be a close second, surely?

Agree Robbo (the first - of my era, anyway) was under-rated - we always looked much more creative when he played.

He was creative but he scored his share of goals too. I reckon his ratio was about one in four which is good for a winger.

Mark Stuart was another underrated winger with a similar goalscoring ratio.

Kish is one of my favourites, purely for his commitment and honest endeavour, but I'm not sure he comes as high as second in my all time list although he would certainly be in the top 10.
  • Sponsored links:

• They do drop down the list a bit when they leave, don't they, Len?

Surprised no-one's said Keith Peacock yet...
  • Has to be Kinsella, a genuine legend.
  • Johnny H
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]They do drop down the list a bit when they leave, don't they, Len?

Surprised no-one's said Keith Peacock yet...

I think that reflects the age of most of the posters, also "Killer", "Flash" and "Paddy" rather overshadow Peacock rather like Martin Robinson, Peter Hunt and Les Berry (ok Les is a joke!).
  • Matt Tees was the player I really liked as a kid, Colin Walsh was just class and Morts did things that I couldn't explain; all those jinking runs and the sliding tackles where he won the ball and stood up in the same movement: Costa cos he was a great player and Cory Gibbs of course.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Matt Tees was the player I really liked as a kid, Colin Walsh was just class and Morts did things that I couldn't explain; all those jinking runs and the sliding tackles where he won the ball and stood up in the same movement: Costa cos he was a great player and Cory Gibbs of course.

Matt Tees used to finish every single game covered in claret where he had either gone in for a diving header amongst the flying boots or nutted the keeper/centre half/post at some point - LOCKED ON FACT.
  • Johnny H
    Peter Shirtliff
    Webbo
  • Peter Shirtliff. If he had not scored the two goals up at St Andrews THAT night I dread to think what way the club would have gone.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Matt Tees was the player I really liked as a kid, Colin Walsh was just class and Morts did things that I couldn't explain; all those jinking runs and the sliding tackles where he won the ball and stood up in the same movement: Costa cos he was a great player and Cory Gibbs of course.

Matt Tees used to finish every single game covered in claret where he had either gone in for a diving header amongst the flying boots or nutted the keeper/centre half/post at some point - LOCKED ON FACT.

True. He could also score headers from the half-way line. FACT LOCKED ON
  • Quick quiz question:

Name the makeweight in the deal when Matt Tees came to Charlton and which club did they come from?