Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is your favourite ever player ?

Comments

• Was it a packet of Elastoplast Len?
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Quick quiz question:

Name the makeweight in the deal when Matt Tees came to Charlton and which club did they come from?

I think I know this but only cos I have a signed newspaper cutting of Matt Tees and "the other new signing from Grimsby" on my wall. I will whipser it to Len so as not to spoil others fun.
  • I know who Ketman's Senior's favourite player was cos he told me the other day bit before my time though, a Mr Harry Gregory who was also a really nice bloke according to the old man.
  • we've had some great players over the years that would get my vote if it was just from a footballing point of view, simmo, flash, paul walsh, parker, kins but i have to say killer has to be about the only player that you just expected him to win us the game no matter who the opposition was...
  • Kins, Powell or Johnny Robinson....
  • Richard Rufus, best uncapped CAFC player?
  • When I was a kid it was Keefy Peacock. As a teenager it had to be Killer. In recent times Chrissy Powell. Overall it has to be Killer for me.
  • edited September 2007
    I loved Bob Bolder as a kid but overall favourite player has to be Rufus. Sir Chris could surpass him if he ends up with the club for the next 1000 years.
  • For me its Derek Hales
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] and Cory Gibbs of course.

If he goes on to become a Charlton legend you could get the club to name the South Stand after him..........
  • Sponsored links:

• phil warman, paul curtis, KILLER
  • Top 3 in no particular order as I can't settle on 1!

Scotty Parker
    Clive Mendonce
    Mark Kinsella
  • Colin Walsh
    Gary Nelson
    John Robinson
    Keith Jones
    Super Clive
  • charlton wise - kinsella, awsume, simply was the team

other than that was lucky enough to c van basten for ac at the san siro, was simply different class to any1 i've ever seen since, was also one of my first ever games i saw live - ok i was spoilt as a youngster, also saw 1 of the only (if not the only) ronaldo hat trick at the camp nou, was also diff class.

I honestly believe i'll never c a betta player thou than van basten, people have their day but they'll never be him
  • Over the years....
    Harry Gregory (well, every kid wanted to be the centre forward in those days)
    Alan Campbell
    Keith Peacock
    Killer
    John Humphries
    Steve Brown (100% Commitment, 100% Charlton)
    Chris Powell
    and Samuel Eto'o

Oooops, did I let the cat out of the bag?
  • Recent history has to be Kinsella.

Going back it would be a young Paul Walsh.
  • Scott Parker
  • paul mortimer as close as you can get to a silky skilled footballer
  • Scott Parker, Rufus, Walsh, Shirtlift
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicky Johns, in my eyes as a kid he was god!! Made me want to be a goalkeeper and still like playing that position
  • A toss up, between 3. Johnny Humf, cos he was class, my first ever fave outfield player (cos i always like Johns then Bolder cos i was a goalie too!) then obviously Kins an absolute class act. then Powell, what can i say about Powell.

but all in all i am not sure who is my actual fave, cos i aint even mentioned killer (only in videos, too young to have seen him), morts and super clive! we have had some heroes aint we!
  • If we're talking non - Charlton, it has to be George Best. I watched a documentary about him again last night. The guy was an absolute footballing genius.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]If we're talking non - Charlton, it has to be George Best. I watched a documentary about him again last night. The guy was an absolute footballing genius.

The guy was a waste of oxygen.

Fave Charlton Players - John Robinson / Paolo Di Canio.
    Fave non CAFC player - Maradona.
  • [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]If we're talking non - Charlton, it has to be George Best. I watched a documentary about him again last night. The guy was an absolute footballing genius.

The guy was a waste of oxygen.

Fave Charlton Players - John Robinson / Paolo Di Canio.
    Fave non CAFC player - Maradona.

& Favourite West Ham Player ?
  • Paolo again Ketman. John Moncur a close second!
  • First Hero Peter Reeves

Idolised Killer, Flanaghan and Powell

Best Player to wear a Charlton shirt Alan Simonsen
  • edited September 2007
    Killer by a mile!!!
    Oh yeh Paddy powell was good too.
    Er and DiCanio, I liked him
    Not forgetting Johnny Robinson
    Plus Flash, he was alright.
    Soft spot for Richie Bowman as well,
    Jimmy Giles was a stopper of the highest order.
    Dick Tydeman was interesting as a footballer
    and Keith Peacock is a legend!
    One more, I like Chrissy Powell if only 'cos he jumps out the tunnel, in fact I'd pay just to see him do that!!!
  • paul elliott
  • 1. Killer

2. Paul Walsh