Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Did you just piss yourself whilst driving then?
  • Options
    Jokes aside, I reckon that's what helped ruin my bladder and kidneys, holding my pisses in. Used to go all day with out going and then spend all night up and down to go toilet.

A doctor once told me that the more you hold it the more it stretches to the point it won't work anymore
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Double post
  • Options

Being stuck on the M25 dying for piss!

I was proud of myself last night. Managed to drive all the way home from Birmingham without needing to stop for a piss.
    You only live in Sutton Coldfield though. :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    Do you have a thing against Morse code @stackitsteve?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

bbob said:

Fiiish said:

T_C_E said:

Hearing an English teacher ask a pupil to return a book to the front of the class. She replied that she had, the teacher then says " My Bad" :(

The teacher used a perfectly normal and acceptable colloquialism. What a monster.
    My Bad is not acceptable, it's gibberish.
    Better write to Cambridge University and let them know your undoubtedly qualified opinion.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/my-bad

Teachers ought to encouraged to speak in terms accessible to those they are teaching instead of enforcing what the previous generation might consider to be better English (in their own opinion).
    The problem with this is when it reaches the real world. A teacher might deem "my bad", "innit" or any other nonsense phrase that they think endears them to the "kids" as appropriate, but when that pupil sits in front of a future employer in the professional world and utters such gibberish, then they aren't going far. If teachers (and Cambridge University) have any aspirations for their pupils, then they should stick to what is appropriate, rather than what is seen as cool (and the same goes for tattoos all over your body and the inability to tuck a shirt in / polish a pair of shoes...)
    Bit of a hyperbole there. You consider it a nonsense phrase. Most people don't, hence why it has entered the common lexicon. I imagine you've never attended any kind of teacher training or pedagogy lesson, because probably the quickest way to turn off your students is to reprimand them for the way they talk when it has nothing to do with the lesson at hand. If they are being given training for an interview then yes, by all means teach them that employers will expect formal conversation and to avoid colloquialisms. Otherwise just carry on with the lesson. Teachers have far more to be getting on with than trying to get their students to speak in the what the previous generation considers to be formal language. Also a bit out of order for someone who is a guest in the classroom to come on here behind their back and criticise the teacher when they themselves don't seem to have as good a grasp on the English language as they think. Seems like the only person who would have had a problem with what happened in that classroom was the one person who didn't even need to be there.
    I think you've got that wrong, most people don't use it, most people think it's moronic, many under 30 might think it's commonly used, but it's really not!
    It's the phrase of the fool.
    Do you have evidence for this?
    Yes.
    Ok, share it then.
  • Options

Do you have a thing against Morse code @stackitsteve?

Yeah!! I was letting everyone know my favourite mobile phone network, but I decided to be quirky and send it in 2 messages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Teams, of any sport, that wear their second or third kits when they're playing at home.

It's a home kit. You're at home. Wear it, stop this crap marketing exercise to try and shift club shop merchandise.

Agreed... England wore their away kit against Germany for the reason that they felt that fans who purchased the away kit should deserve to see it being worn - Am sorry but if you buy an AWAY kit then you should only ever expect it to be seen AWAY

Or should we be demanding that our own away kit be worn against MK Dons this Saturday because we've not seen it this season?
  • Options
    iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

bbob said:

Fiiish said:

T_C_E said:

Hearing an English teacher ask a pupil to return a book to the front of the class. She replied that she had, the teacher then says " My Bad" :(

The teacher used a perfectly normal and acceptable colloquialism. What a monster.
    Better write to Cambridge University and let them know your undoubtedly qualified opinion.

Teachers ought to encouraged to speak in terms accessible to those they are teaching instead of enforcing what the previous generation might consider to be better English (in their own opinion).
    The problem with this is when it reaches the real world. A teacher might deem "my bad", "innit" or any other nonsense phrase that they think endears them to the "kids" as appropriate, but when that pupil sits in front of a future employer in the professional world and utters such gibberish, then they aren't going far. If teachers (and Cambridge University) have any aspirations for their pupils, then they should stick to what is appropriate, rather than what is seen as cool (and the same goes for tattoos all over your body and the inability to tuck a shirt in / polish a pair of shoes...)
    Bit of a hyperbole there. You consider it a nonsense phrase. Most people don't, hence why it has entered the common lexicon. I imagine you've never attended any kind of teacher training or pedagogy lesson, because probably the quickest way to turn off your students is to reprimand them for the way they talk when it has nothing to do with the lesson at hand. If they are being given training for an interview then yes, by all means teach them that employers will expect formal conversation and to avoid colloquialisms. Otherwise just carry on with the lesson. Teachers have far more to be getting on with than trying to get their students to speak in the what the previous generation considers to be formal language. Also a bit out of order for someone who is a guest in the classroom to come on here behind their back and criticise the teacher when they themselves don't seem to have as good a grasp on the English language as they think. Seems like the only person who would have had a problem with what happened in that classroom was the one person who didn't even need to be there.
    I think you've got that wrong, most people don't use it, most people think it's moronic, many under 30 might think it's commonly used, but it's really not!
    Yes.
    Ok, share it then.
    Come on mate that's not how this works, you need to prove that he doesn't !
  • Options

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

bbob said:

Fiiish said:

T_C_E said:

Yes.
    Ok, share it then.
    Come on mate that's not how this works, you need to prove that he doesn't !
    Prove it
  • Options
    Needlessly changing to an away kit when a home kit would be ok is a big annoyance.
    Usually its just to please sponsors too which makes it worse.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

bbob said:

Fiiish said:

T_C_E said:

Yes.
    Ok, share it then.
    No need, even if you have half a brain you can work it out.
  • Options
    Oh and when two teams wear similar colours etc. its called a colour clash or a kit clash...
    But its not...we WANT the colours to clash, rather than blend together.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

bbob said:

Fiiish said:

T_C_E said:

Yes.
    Ok, share it then.
    So you don't have evidence you can share, just a dislike of a certain phrase or phrases.

I understand.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

bbob said:

Fiiish said:

T_C_E said:

Yes.
    Ok, share it then.
    So you don't have evidence you can share, just a dislike of a certain phrase or phrases.

I understand.
    At last. Well done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funny because I actually provided evidence that I was right. We can't both be right but I'm the only one who has the evidence.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

bbob said:

Fiiish said:

T_C_E said:

Yes.
    Ok, share it then.

I understand.
    At last. Well done.
    I understand you have no evidence.

Just highlighting a phrase and taking it out of context is a bit childish really.
  • Options
    You can't make it up sometimes...
  • Options

Oh yes you can!
  • Options

Oh yes you can!
    Prove it
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Some of the people on this site, how the hell do they get dressed in the morning?

Rise above it @Greenie mate, one rule for them, another for everyone else
  • Options

Greenie said:

Some of the people on this site, how the hell do they get dressed in the morning?

And what's the rule then? Throw a hissyfit and tell people to fuck off when you're wrong?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Fiiish said:

Greenie said:

And what's the rule then? Throw a hissyfit and tell people to fuck off when you're wrong?
    No mate, Im not wrong, everyone sounds like a bell when they use the phrase 'my bad'.
    I generally tell people to fuck off when they keep chipping away on a bloody football forum and dont have the brains to understand that they wont change my mind when Im right.
    Also I find it amusing that you have this impression in your minds eye that I'm having a 'hissy fit' when I tell you to fuck off.
    Im not but you can still fuck off. Smiley thing (so you dont go all nancy)