Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Greenie said:

Some of the people on this site, how the hell do they get dressed in the morning?

Rise above it @Greenie mate, one rule for them, another for everyone else
    And what's the rule then? Throw a hissyfit and tell people to fuck off when you're wrong?
    lol you really do need to read what you're writing sometimes mate, before talking about throwing hissyfits and the like.

I've never seriously told anyone to fuck off on here, in the whole time I've posted. Out of respect for the people who run it, I've blocked meself and then come back a few months later.

But as I think you've been told though, you've got a habit of getting under people's skin, even on tongue-in-cheek threads like this. You don't know when to shut up ffs
    I wasn't referring to you but maybe you could take your own advice on some of these points (read what you write sometimes, getting under people's skin, never knowing when to shut up). Most of my mentions seem to be from you trying to get a reaction. Says it all really.
    Yeah I know, I'm the first one to like a bit of banter and the person I take the piss out of most of the time, is meself.

• This is escalating nicely! :)
  • Being stuck on the M25 dying for piss!

I was proud of myself last night. Managed to drive all the way home from Birmingham without needing to stop for a piss.
    A few more years, you'll have to stop twice going to the corner shop! ;)

Piss in a wide rimmed bottle and chuck it out the window Mick, that's what I do

People who throw bottles out of vehicles, causing abhorrent eyesores along the verges of our beautiful island. So uncouth to litter.

Piss in a wide rimmed bottle and chuck it out the window Mick, that's what I do

People who throw bottles out of vehicles, causing abhorrent eyesores along the verges of our beautiful island. So uncouth to litter.

Better not tell you where I go for a lazy shit then

; )

I was proud of myself last night. Managed to drive all the way home from Birmingham without needing to stop for a piss.
    Usually you go 3 times before you’ve finished a pint. This is a record.
  • Callum Melly ad’s on this thread - worse than the ice silk boxers ad.

Usually you go 3 times before you’ve finished a pint. This is a record.
    His trick is not finishing his pint until he's pulling into his road.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

Teams, of any sport, that wear their second or third kits when they're playing at home.

It's a home kit. You're at home. Wear it, stop this crap marketing exercise to try and shift club shop merchandise.

lots of teams do it - its acceptable practice. Move on.
  • I agree that phrases such as 'my bad' sound silly, but when they're clearly so commonly used, there's little point getting upset about it.

My problem is more in the laziness of those phrases being popularised in the face of thinking up more precise vocabulary, or actually searching for the word you need:
    "I did something bad... I made a... bad? Is there a word for that? ...me no know. Me make a bad."

Similarly, 'my bad' was described earlier as a 'wank phrase'. The person couldn't think of an appropriate adjective, so settled on mis-using a noun.
    Again, it's a well-used phrase that isn't worth getting upset about, but I consider it more damaging to the language in terms of people choosing to mis-use a word they know, rather than thinking of the word they need or widening their vocabulary.
  • I think you're over analysing it mate and we could do that to virtually everything listed on this thread
  • Company websites that require a password, which you then store so you don't have to remember it, and which they then ask you to change after 6 months for your "security" and ask you for that very password to change it. It then takes me 15 mins putting in all the different password I may have used before having to look it up in my "back-up" list............that's why I have it "saved" on the system so I don't have to remember it ffs !!!!
  • For some reason the TFL terrorism slogan/voice over winds me up

We’ll sort it, see it, say it, sorted

Fucking wank. It’s really riled me
  • edited November 2017
    cabbles said:

For some reason the TFL terrorism slogan/voice over winds me up

Yep. So annoying. Not sure why as the principle is sound. Just a horrible catchphrase.
    It's bad enough with the automated announcements of it but it's even worse when the actual human guard on the train says it...
  • Anyone heard the Vodafone ad for conference calls or something. "Oh that's fabulous" is one of the things she says I think

Womans voice is so annoying. If you've not heard it I can only describe it as she's been told to do a slowed down impression of Gary Barlow (yes, even slower) while also opening her mouth as wide as possible with each syllable.
  • conference calls
  • One of my cousins has just come round, which was both welcome yet unexpected. He sees we are watching blue planet, says he loves it and to carry on then him and my wife talk the entire way through the fucking thing.

Oh and made in Chelsea, that annoys me. I've now accepted living with a female means lowering my tolerance threshold to this sort of mind killing shite. HOWEVER when I was first subjected to this I thought it was hilarious, I genuinely thought it was the best mock fly on the wall since people do nothing. I was howling at it, the voices the pure, obscene banality of it all. This lasted one episode after which I was told it was for real, and the people were for real and they really were amongst the worst sorts of people in the world, maybe at the opposite end of the social or class (pah) spectrum as such delights as the only way is Essex but they are still, total, complete scum.

Oh and having someone let me down today to do a pretty lucrative private job with me that I've now had to kiss goodbye to. After going out on a limb to help this cocksucker I've had the embarrassment of having to apologise on their behalf and them now getting shitty with me because I've got shitty with them for good reason. I'm no martyr and I wasn't helping a mate out purely out of the goodness of my own heart however them and me would have earned well today, as it is I've got a headache I won't be getting paid for and have to show restraint of not blaming the lack of said job being done on this wanker who let me down so as to retain a smidge of class myself.

• cabbles said:

Yep. So annoying. Not sure why as the principle is sound. Just a horrible catchphrase.
    It's bad enough with the automated announcements of it but it's even worse when the actual human guard on the train says it...
    Good call, it annoys me tremendously as well. I think there's two things that get to me about it. One is the language; this is a message from British Transport Police. They are a part of the state, but they are trying miserably to use the language of 'the street' (another phrase that winds me up). Sorted! Sorted? I don't want to hear a policeman saying 'sorted'. I want their language to reflect a quiet detached dignity, not trying to be something they're not. How long before the BTP are saying, "Cor, facking 'ell mate. Give us a shaut an we'll be raund your gaff in no time. We'll sort the facking cants aut". The second reason is that it trivialises the matter they are trying to promote. Sorted? What, because I've told you about it? That's not sorting it, that's the start of the process. Last time I had any dealings with the cops it took them two days to get around to my house. During with time it pissed with rain which they said ruled out any chance of forensics. I don't want it being sorted like that. If I report a security incident, especially if it's a potential terrorism issue, I want it dealt with straight away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bringing it back on track with a train related annoyance. Has anyone else got The Key card from Southeastern?
    I went to the station last night to load on my weekly season ticket as I've done for months now. This morning, I had to use the card on the barrier to get to the platform so I know it's all working fine.
    When the ticket conductor lady checks my ticket she says it's not loaded on. I beg to differ as otherwise I won't not have been able to get on the train I tell her.

The main point is that a key card which is meant to make our lives easier results in sometimes making it harder and there is no proof we have bought the ticket. Good job there wasn't one of those over zealous inspectors on board who try bullying tactics.
  • Stig said:

cabbles said:

Good call, it annoys me tremendously as well. I think there's two things that get to me about it. One is the language; this is a message from British Transport Police. They are a part of the state, but they are trying miserably to use the language of 'the street' (another phrase that winds me up). Sorted! Sorted? I don't want to hear a policeman saying 'sorted'. I want their language to reflect a quiet detached dignity, not trying to be something they're not. How long before the BTP are saying, "Cor, facking 'ell mate. Give us a shaut an we'll be raund your gaff in no time. We'll sort the facking cants aut". The second reason is that it trivialises the matter they are trying to promote. Sorted? What, because I've told you about it? That's not sorting it, that's the start of the process. Last time I had any dealings with the cops it took them two days to get around to my house. During with time it pissed with rain which they said ruled out any chance of forensics. I don't want it being sorted like that. If I report a security incident, especially if it's a potential terrorism issue, I want it dealt with straight away.
    I hear it about 4/5 times a day. Massive agitations
  • Them new Sixt ads
  • You can actually find proof of purchase and show it's active by going onto Southeastern website and logging in. It will be on The Key smart card link and shows your current details. Just for those who have same trouble as me.

Still annoyed though :wink:
  • bellz2002 said:

Bringing it back on track with a train related annoyance. Has anyone else got The Key card from Southeastern?
    I went to the station last night to load on my weekly season ticket as I've done for months now. This morning, I had to use the card on the barrier to get to the platform so I know it's all working fine.
    When the ticket conductor lady checks my ticket she says it's not loaded on. I beg to differ as otherwise I won't not have been able to get on the train I tell her.

The main point is that a key card which is meant to make our lives easier results in sometimes making it harder and there is no proof we have bought the ticket. Good job there wasn't one of those over zealous inspectors on board who try bullying tactics.

Got told by a ticket office when I enquired about getting one that they've had a multitude of problems with them and they're quite buggy so best to hold off.

I buy a monthly paper ticket and what I find ridiculous is that they won't let me renew it until after midday on the last day of validity.

It's like southeastern really make an conscious effort to go out of their way to get on your tits.

Some senior southeastern exec somewhere was probably mocked on a train once in childhood and now fills his days devising more and more apparent incompetentcies to get back at those who laughed at him in his short trousers ... "Right they're used to the abysmal train service and disproportionate fares, how else can we bend over an entire population of commuters and give them a good spanking and crush their spirit before the sun has even risen mwah ha ha ha".
  • bellz2002 said:

Bringing it back on track with a train related annoyance. Has anyone else got The Key card from Southeastern?

Mine wouldn't work on the barriers at Cannon Street last night, first time I've had an issue with it. Went through the barrier with the guard and showed the card, he then tells me I need to carry the email with me. Nope, you need to make sure your barriers work properly!
  • People who use Acronyms, assuming everyone knows what they’re talking about.

Been misled by the BBC have we?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!