Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited November 2017
    bellz2002 said:

Bringing it back on track with a train related annoyance. Has anyone else got The Key card from Southeastern?
    I went to the station last night to load on my weekly season ticket as I've done for months now. This morning, I had to use the card on the barrier to get to the platform so I know it's all working fine.
    When the ticket conductor lady checks my ticket she says it's not loaded on. I beg to differ as otherwise I won't not have been able to get on the train I tell her.

The main point is that a key card which is meant to make our lives easier results in sometimes making it harder and there is no proof we have bought the ticket. Good job there wasn't one of those over zealous inspectors on board who try bullying tactics.

Mine has always worked for the on train checks but it only works at about a quarter of the barriers at Victoria which is incredibly annoying. Have to tap 3 or 4 times before it eventually let's me through. Incredibly frustrating.
  • People who use Acronyms, assuming everyone knows what they’re talking about.

My mate was on a train the other day and a couple were talking about what they were going to do NYE.

Took him a while to get it.
  • People who use Acronyms, assuming everyone knows what they’re talking about.

You must hate it when people lol! at your posts on here then... ;)
  • too many TLA's
  • Aced a job interview today in Dartford yet annoyed with the Feedback that I've just been given

Apparently I'm "the outstanding Candidate" from the interview yet because its an IT type role, they're worried about my experience dealing with IT Hardware (Software I'm excellent with) yet know I have the knowledge because I built my own PC from scratch.

Because the other Candidates werent brilliant they now want the Agency involved to locate some more people for them to Interview so they've got someone to compare with me at the second interview stage... Should be pleased that it sounds as though I'll get to the second interview stage but does also feel as though they'll simply settle with me if they cant find someone better

As it is I've now got to play the waiting game to find out if my long term future can be secured!!
  • edited November 2017
    stonemuse said:

People who use Acronyms, assuming everyone knows what they’re talking about.

WTF!

Been misled by the BBC have we?
    iaitch said:

My mate was on a train the other day and a couple were talking about what they were going to do NYE.

T_C_E said:

Whats an Acronym? FFS ;)

TWBTD

MrOneLung said:

too many TLA's

Doesn’t take much for the kids to come out and play, FFS;)
  • People laughing at me!

Just noticed my LOL have overtaken my Likes, so it wasn't all in my head!
  • Sponsored links:

• The common misconception that three initials are an acronym.
  • IdleHans said:

The common misconception that three initials are an acronym.

Scarper it's the filth:)
  • People laughing at me!

Just noticed my LOL have overtaken my Likes, so it wasn't all in my head!

Don’t worry, I’ve just sorted that one out for you.
  • Aced a job interview today in Dartford yet annoyed with the Feedback that I've just been given

Apparently I'm "the outstanding Candidate" from the interview yet because its an IT type role, they're worried about my experience dealing with IT Hardware (Software I'm excellent with) yet know I have the knowledge because I built my own PC from scratch.

Because the other Candidates werent brilliant they now want the Agency involved to locate some more people for them to Interview so they've got someone to compare with me at the second interview stage... Should be pleased that it sounds as though I'll get to the second interview stage but does also feel as though they'll simply settle with me if they cant find someone better

As it is I've now got to play the waiting game to find out if my long term future can be secured!!

Well done, but do you want to work for idiots like that?
    I'd be tempted to treat it as training for the job interview that gives you a better place to work.
  • iainment said:

Aced a job interview today in Dartford yet annoyed with the Feedback that I've just been given

I'd be tempted to treat it as training for the job interview that gives you a better place to work.
    Its frustrating because its a job I really wanted yet like you say have questions about them myself now

Good luck with it mate. Hope it works out.
  • iainment said:

Aced a job interview today in Dartford yet annoyed with the Feedback that I've just been given

Its frustrating because its a job I really wanted yet like you say have questions about them myself now
    Hopefully you will get the job - then you should tell them to poke it.
  • iainment said:

If it were me I'd tell them Its me or no one. Take it or find someone else. I'm not going to wait around for a couple of months (its xmas soon and we all know that from about the 10th Dec nothing gets done until Jan 5th) while you dick around & them find that you can't find anyone better or to compare me against. I'm better than that.
  • stonemuse said:

WTF!

Been misled by the BBC have we?
    iaitch said:

T_C_E said:

Whats an Acronym? FFS ;)

TWBTD

MrOneLung said:

too many TLA's

Doesn’t take much for the kids to come out and play, FFS;)
    Your not wrong PMSL ;)
  • iainment said:

If it were me I'd tell them Its me or no one. Take it or find someone else. I'm not going to wait around for a couple of months (its xmas soon and we all know that from about the 10th Dec nothing gets done until Jan 5th) while you dick around & them find that you can't find anyone better or to compare me against. I'm better than that.
    Cant really afford to tell them that... As you say with Christmas coming up the job vacancies are drying up and I get made Redundant on 22nd December - Worst case is I'll have to wait around a few weeks for them to sort themselves out and then (If I do get the role) come the New Year I'll see what they're like to work for and if they are rubbish then the job hunt will begin again
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

Cant really afford to tell them that... As you say with Christmas coming up the job vacancies are drying up and I get made Redundant on 22nd December - Worst case is I'll have to wait around a few weeks for them to sort themselves out and then (If I do get the role) come the New Year I'll see what they're like to work for and if they are rubbish then the job hunt will begin again
    Good luck matey.
  • Personally F.A I'd not write them off. Afterall anyone can build their own PC, following YouTube maybe they want someone who knows the current best hardware as well as knowing software as well as you do. s

This may even be something you may be able to remind them: (if you don't get the job!) it will cost a lot more than they're looking at hiring you for to get their perfect candidate.
  • iainment said:

Wait until Friday and tell the agency that you’ve attended an interview that morning and they’ve asked you to come back for a 2nd interview on Monday.

This is your preferred role but your current situations means you can’t hang around.

You’ll find out very quickly where you stand.
  • iainment said:

Wait until Friday and tell the agency that you’ve attended an interview that morning and they’ve asked you to come back for a 2nd interview on Monday.

This is your preferred role but your current situations means you can’t hang around.

This has worked for me more than once, just to get them to get moving. I'm in a similar position again and on the point of repeating it.
  • iainment said:

Yep, turn it round on them.
  • iaitch said:

NYE is no quicker to say than New Year's Eve. That's just a mad way of talking. A mad way of talking.
  • iainment said:

Reluctant to try this these days as the few times I've tried its gone against me
  • To be fair if charlton were recruiting a striker and me, bexley dan and Simon church interviewed for the role, I would obviously be the best candidate but you would want a few more trialists to compare the best of that bunch with.
  • MrOneLung said:

To be fair if charlton were recruiting a striker and me, bexley dan and Simon church interviewed for the role, I would obviously be the best candidate but you would want a few more trialists to compare the best of that bunch with.

Yeah thats my one thought; they obviously want to do second interviews yet if there is no one to compare against me then they surely cant do them
  • Jesse Lingard constantly spitting
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!