Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Fiiish said:

T_C_E said:

Hearing an English teacher ask a pupil to return a book to the front of the class. She replied that she had, the teacher then says " My Bad" :(

The teacher used a perfectly normal and acceptable colloquialism. What a monster.
    My Bad is not acceptable, it's gibberish.
  • Greenie said:

Stig said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

T_C_E said:

Hearing an English teacher ask a pupil to return a book to the front of the class. She replied that she had, the teacher then says " My Bad" :(

The teacher used a perfectly normal and acceptable colloquialism. What a monster.
    Should be shot at bloody dawn.
    There is never an excuse for such moronic abuse of the Queens.
    Queen's what? And where's your apostrophe, laddy? :wink:
    Im sorry, but we must never deflect or make light of the utterly moronic term 'my bad' anyone using this and thinking its acceptable must be at the very least be kicked in the goolies. Preferably taken out so sea and downed, because if they dont understand that they are fools then they have no business breathing the same air as me.
    All well and good but where's your apostrophe?
  • The utterly shite music that gets played along side the ringtone when I call some people's mobile phones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

bbob said:

Fiiish said:

T_C_E said:

Better write to Cambridge University and let them know your undoubtedly qualified opinion.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/my-bad

Teachers ought to encouraged to speak in terms accessible to those they are teaching instead of enforcing what the previous generation might consider to be better English (in their own opinion).
    Makes perfect sense - let the proles speak how they like, use made up words and terrible grammar.
  • bbob said:

Fiiish said:

bbob said:

Fiiish said:

T_C_E said:

Better write to Cambridge University and let them know your undoubtedly qualified opinion.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/my-bad

Teachers ought to encouraged to speak in terms accessible to those they are teaching instead of enforcing what the previous generation might consider to be better English (in their own opinion).
    Makes perfect sense - let the proles speak how they like, use made up words and terrible grammar.
    All words were made up at some time. And grammar should change to reflect modern usage of English.
  • Grammar is a constraint and should only be used to deliver more precise meaning.

‘My bad’ is not gibberish, it is a very descriptive shortform admission of guilt. The intonation can also display whether this admission is genuine or sarcastic.

English is the primary language in the world precisely because it continues to evolve and take on new words and structures from other languages and spoken words from around the world.

What’s more interesting to me is why ‘my bad’ is a ting blud but ‘my good’ ain’t a ting fam lol.
  • Grammar is a constraint and should only be used to deliver more precise meaning.

‘My bad’ is not gibberish, it is a very descriptive shortform admission of guilt. The intonation can also display whether this admission is genuine or sarcastic.

English is the primary language in the world precisely because it continues to evolve and take on new words and structures from other languages and spoken words from around the world.

What’s more interesting to me is why ‘my bad’ is a ting blud but ‘my good’ ain’t a ting fam lol.

Just stop.
  • You all use phrases or colloquialisms your parents would have thought was 'bad grammar' or 'gibberish'. Ever said Will do, see you soon, "alright?", cheers, or piss off? None are shining examples of the Queen's English but common phrases none the less.
  • People who don't follow the 07xxx xxx xxx phone number format for mobiles (and 020x xxx xxxx for landline)

That drives me mental.
  • Fiiish said:

You all use phrases or colloquialisms your parents would have thought was 'bad grammar' or 'gibberish'. Ever said Will do, see you soon, "alright?", cheers, or piss off? None are shining examples of the Queen's English but common phrases none the less.

Go away, 'My bad' is utter pish. Go on admit it, you use it.....
  • Cyclists are have been particularly annoying this week. Nearly got hit by one skipping a red light outside Cannon Street.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017
    Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

You all use phrases or colloquialisms your parents would have thought was 'bad grammar' or 'gibberish'. Ever said Will do, see you soon, "alright?", cheers, or piss off? None are shining examples of the Queen's English but common phrases none the less.

So what if I do? Most people under the age of 40 do as well.

Is your irritation at what the younger generation say the same irritation younger people get whenever older folks says things like 'download from the google' or 'my email box is full'?
  • edited November 2017
    Fiiish said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Is your irritation at what the younger generation say the same irritation younger people get whenever older folks says things like 'download from the google' or 'my email box is full'?
    No, my irritation is that people who use it sound like utter morons, thats all, believe me, you do. Because it makes no sense and you also sound like a 3 year old learning to speak. And also it highlight that you are sheep and have given no intelligent thought that it might be a wank thing to say.
  • Fiiish said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Maybe, if you're from Sevenoaks or Chichester
  • Fiiish said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Maybe, if you're from Sevenoaks or Chichester
    Heard it loads in places like Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, London. Maybe you don't hear it often in rural France for some reason.
  • Fiiish said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

No, my irritation is that people who use it sound like utter morons, thats all, believe me, you do. Because it makes no sense and you also sound like a 3 year old learning to speak. And also it highlight that you are sheep and have given no intelligent thought that it might be a wank thing to say.
    Well done, "I know Ill show the nasty man a picture". You really are 3.
  • Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Well done, "I know Ill show the nasty man a picture". You really are 3.
    'Everyone who doesn't speak the way I think is correct is unintelligent and a sheep! You're a 3 year old!'

How old are you?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!